What are you Listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tina became Swiss citizen at the beginning of this century. Speaks good German

Cool.

I have always been a big fan of her "gusto".

The energy that comes out of that lady is impressive.

I used to live in the street where Macy's hotel was on the corner and as a result, spent almost every night some weeks in that pub. A giant schnitzel for tea a couple of times per week, and then stay on for the band. Macys was pretty decent pub for the 1980 live music scene. OK, we had to run down to the Armadale (upstairs), the Station, the Chevron, and occasionally a bit further to see some of our favourite bands but for 18 months I was in music heaven up there in Irving Ave.

Matt Finish were one of the best bands from that era.

And so were the Sunnyboys.

Last edited:

I saw them when they first arrived unknown in Melbourne and were playing inside a hall at the Melbourne Showgrounds.

Straight away I sat up and took notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to live in the street where Macy's hotel was on the corner and as a result, spent almost every night some weeks in that pub. A giant schnitzel for tea a couple of times per week, and then stay on for the band. Macys was pretty decent pub for the 1980 live music scene. OK, we had to run down to the Armadale (upstairs), the Station, the Chevron, and occasionally a bit further to see some of our favourite bands but for 18 months I was in music heaven up there in Irving Ave.

Used to follow the Sunnyboys round a bit meself S.O.S

Epitome of the pub rock band 11 / 10 🍺🇦🇺

I saw them when they first arrived unknown in Melbourne and were playing inside a hall at the Melbourne Showgrounds.

Straight away I sat up and took notice.
Live was way better than recorded.

I played a cassette in the car one day back then and my mate who was well into the rock scene from the 70s burst out that it sounded a lot like Lobby Loyde. Checks cassette case... produced by Lobby.

Last edited:
Live was way better than recorded.

I played a cassette in the car one day back then and my mate who was well into the rock scene from the 70s burst outthat it sounded a lot like Lobby Lloyd. Checks cassette case... produced by Lobby.

Lobby's influence didn't jump out at me, but they have great rock-pop hooks in their songs. I reckon the Hoodoo Gurus were more reminiscent.

Anyway, they just "got it". It's a pity about Jeremy's health bringing everything to a halt, because they had a great formula going on.

Seriously brilliant. My gf in 1980 was a massive fan of the Jam and nearly died when i saw them at an unaderverised warmup gig before their 1980 tour show. no mobiles in those days so no way to let her know and she was waaay too young to get into a pub anyway.

I then saw TSC at the swimming centre a couple of years later. I was amazed.

I had a bit of a thing for DC Lee too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back