What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think it really depends what games you play. Playing something like GTA casually is one thing, but playing games like WoW and league of legends I think still has the neckbeard virgin stigma attached to it.
I'd expand it out to geek and/or nerd interests in general are still a higher proportion of males then females. With the former still having a lot of 'lives in parents basement' looking types. Now if you're a geek and/or nerd (geek here) and aren't 300 pounds and still at home at 30, if you have a partner that's also a geek and/or nerd it's a winner. Thankfully my wife is even more of a geek then me, I couldn't be long term with someone who looked down on what I like.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think it really depends what games you play. Playing something like GTA casually is one thing, but playing games like WoW and league of legends I think still has the neckbeard virgin stigma attached to it.
I think it also depends on demographics. I know a lot of country people that regard a grown man playing video games as 'a bit woofy'.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
What did you get your niece bron .? And why all the whinging?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A baby doll, with its own nappies and bottle. The whinging is for 2 reasons. The first being that her mother had just had a miscarriage, so thought it was insensitive. Also she doesn't believe in gender specific toys. I grant in hindsight she probably had a point with the miscarriage part.

Anyway, we bought her something else for last years birthday. We are no longer together, so I gave my niece the original present for this years birthday, which she loves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back