Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 8, 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo would have been goalless in the 1st if not for a soft free and a ridiculous 50m. But yeah the umps cost Freo the game.

Where did I say they cost us the game?

15 free kicks to 6 after halftime represents a pretty sizeable swing if you ask me.

I just simply observed how predictable it was and how inspiring it was to watch.

Where did I say they cost us the game?

15 free kicks to 6 after halftime represents a pretty sizeable swing if you ask me.

I just simply observed how predictable it was and how inspiring it was to watch.

"Hawks aren't invincible and needed a third quarter blitz plus spectacular favourtism from the umpires to beat the bottom team"

Wasnt just favouritism, it was spectacular. Maybe it was because after half time we were all over Freo.

And again, you have completely ignored the ridiculously soft free kick for Freo's first goal, and the baffling 50m penalty for Freo's second goal.

And all that aside, Hawthorn should have buried Freo in the 1st quarter but we wasted so many opportunities. Umpiring had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

It very rarely does.

"Hawks aren't invincible and needed a third quarter blitz plus spectacular favourtism from the umpires to beat the bottom team"

Wasnt just favouritism, it was spectacular. Maybe it was because after half time we were all over Freo.

And again, you have completely ignored the ridiculously soft free kick for Freo's first goal, and the baffling 50m penalty for Freo's second goal.

And all that aside, Hawthorn should have buried Freo in the 1st quarter but we wasted so many opportunities. Umpiring had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

It very rarely does.

Let me break it down for you a bit more simple

Hawks aren't invincible - there are vulnerabilities there. Heck you should've steamrolled us from start to finish given the team we had on the field.

Third quarter blitz - 8 goals 6 to 2 points (this is a blitz)

Spectacular favourtism - 15 free kicks to 6 in the second half. Note that this happened AFTER the Hawks were behind at half-time.

It was the third quarter blitz that won the Hawks the game but when you have 21 on the field, I'm not surprised.

As for the Freo ones you point out, well given we rarely get a fair go, it's about time we had a couple go our way.

Trust a Hawks fan to defend umpires though given the really good go you get from them. Having 21 on the field is a great advantage

I learned that the Dogs are a genuine juggernaut. Granted we had a slightly off day, but they held us at arms length in their first game away from Etihad. Their kicking and run is so precise, everywhere you looked - they had a player.

How far ahead would we have been if not for Freo getting 10 frees and a 50m to our 1 free?

Or does the free kick crap only matter when Hawthorn get a couple late?

Fun fact as the game can be divided into a few sections.

Early on: Fremantle 9 Hawks 1
By half time: Fremantle 13 Hawks 10
End of game: Fremantle 19 Hawks 26

That's not just a few late at all, that's a mountain

Fun fact as the game can be divided into a few sections.

Early on: Fremantle 9 Hawks 1
By half time: Fremantle 13 Hawks 10
End of game: Fremantle 19 Hawks 26

That's not just a few late at all, that's a mountain

Freo had given up by the end. Thus the blow out. But I do like how you keep banging on about the 2nd half while refusing to acknowledge how massive the assistance Freo got in the first half.

The hint should be in how crap they became once the umpires stopped gifting them goal.

Right?

Bullshit.

If the rest of your post displayed that level of insight I'm kinda glad I gave up on it.
Well they used to. Now if your a South person get peed off, if your a Sydney sider when the Swans are looking down as in years passed ,your fans disappeared , remember Gary Buckanara at Sydney, and even after Barras and Eade, then Roos, you Sydney folk would vanish.

But I must concede today you look pretty settled in Sydney, but I wish GWS never existed.

Got to go to bed folks , I'm stuffed!

Some of us support our clubs through thick and thin, as opposed to disappearing for 15 years, and reemerging once you're back in preliminary finals.
Must be terrible letting young/inexperienced players know that we appreciate what they're doing.
Right now, mediocrity is not getting flogged, which is good for the morale of the players, we were never going to be world beaters this year.

Not sure why you are having a dig at North fans, we have known much more adversity than you guys will ever know.

But at the same time, the reaction was so far over the top it wasn't funny. The media are lapping it up too. Essendon ****ed up and are paying the price, the emotion over playing well for a 2nd half of football when the game is done and dusted is embarrassing quite frankly.

But at the same time, the reaction was so far over the top it wasn't funny. The media are lapping it up too. Essendon stuffed up and are paying the price, the emotion over playing well for a 2nd half of football when the game is done and dusted is embarrassing quite frankly.

Why do North fans know more advertisity than Essendon fans?
Our supporters have done nothing wrong, what's wrong with encouraging your players (who have done nothing to deserve to be in their position) for playing hard, when they could have given up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if you are being serious but the AFL have attempted to kill off our club a few times, something you will never have to go through.

Because we stick behind our club in trying times, your membership dollars only come up when you're succeeding like now. That's to do with a supporting base. The recent saga is more than any AFL supporting base has endured, you know that, stop trolling.

Because we stick behind our club in trying times, your membership dollars only come up when you're succeeding like now. That's to do with a supporting base. The recent saga is more than any AFL supporting base has endured, you know that, stop trolling.

Hahaha your club did something ridiculous and got caught out for it and you are playing the "poor me" card. Still as delusional as ever down at Tullamarine.

Not sure why you are having a dig at North fans, we have known much more adversity than you guys will ever know.

But at the same time, the reaction was so far over the top it wasn't funny. The media are lapping it up too. Essendon stuffed up and are paying the price, the emotion over playing well for a 2nd half of football when the game is done and dusted is embarrassing quite frankly.

No your wrong mate, your embarrassing, North are fine , but the player career murdering suspension is what stuffed up Essendon , the AFL and WADA ASADA , CAS, all did their part in punishing the wrong people, and they are scum for it too. Some in the perpetrators have good lives are still out there happy as Larry.

Your second half against the real baby/baby bombers was crap! What adversary have you known , except that Dim wanted to shove you off to QLD, and that your club financially has been in the s*** in the past and you've been known to have no members at times. Watch YOUR glass house North?
Brayshaw goes OK , but what's down the track for you guys if the money runs out again.

OH
Gee you are in an adversarial position down the track?

No your wrong mate, your embarrassing, North are fine , but the player career murdering suspension is what stuffed up Essendon , the AFL and WADA ASADA , CAS, all did their part in punishing the wrong people, and they are scum for it too. Some in the perpetrators have good lives are still out there happy as Larry.

Your second half against the real baby/baby bombers was crap! What adversary have you known , except that Dim wanted to shove you off to QLD, and that your club financially has been in the s*** in the past and you've been known to have no members at times. Watch YOUR glass house North?
Brayshaw goes OK , but what's down the track for you guys if the money runs out again.

OH
Gee you are in an adversarial position down the track?

Jesus Christ. Comparing a bunch of cheats getting the appropriate penalty to a club almost ceasing to exist. Are you right in the head? Doesn't seem so.

Hahaha your club did something ridiculous and got caught out for it and you are playing the "poor me" card. Still as delusional as ever down at Tullamarine.

So our supporters are guilty?

Jesus Christ. Comparing a bunch of cheats getting the appropriate penalty to a club almost ceasing to exist. Are you right in the head? Doesn't seem so.

The conversation was about what supporters have endured. How do you not get this? Does nobody get linear thought?

To be fair, the point he is making is that the last 4 years have been horrendous for Essendon supporters. All of which was undeserved by the supporters. It's completely deserved by the club and arguably by the players. But there is no doubt the supporters are not to blame in any way shape or form for what they have had to put up with for the last 4 years - unless you blame them for loyally supporting an Administration which turned out to be corrupt.

Everyone knows the cliche of delusional Bombers supporters. If anything their sin has been to support their club too much through adversity. It's hard to criticise them for not sticking fat through the hard times, I reckon.

How does that compare to supporting your club through a potential folding? I don't know. Very different scenarios. But both would be extremely difficult for fans I imagine. And Essendon supporters have undoubtedly kept supporting the club through their hard times.

So our supporters are guilty?
And that is the whole [point in that statement , well said, people have been punished blamed sacked , resigned, fined belittled you name it , so the punishment has been delt , Essendon first got rubbed out of a final season play off. Hird kicked out , club fined .
But then they massacred the playing list with only MAYBE EVIDENCE, what ever you call it nothing was ever proved in regards to any player using performance enhancing drugs, the doubt there is that they may not have know, or half of them may not have know or two of them , or all of them , or none of them.It was never proven , all was said was they should have known so CAS suspends them , its a joke.

But what people totally miss is the effect it has on the club as a complete entity with thousands and thousands of members , supporters and fans, along with sponsors and every thing that goes with it, and bingo , one crappy unfair unproven thing , destroys the club for another year or two or three, that is the point , the member/supporter isn't guilty , but he's punished so are the fans and the sponsors, its like what Dimetriou did to Carlton and in this diluted mash of to many teams in the time we live in now, could make Carlton's beginning improvement take years more.
No one come back with the , "THEY ARE PAYING THE PRICE" SOME OF THEM A PAYING A PRICE FOR NOTHING! Essendon and Carlton have been financially mangled over periods of time , and the punishments always hit the wrong people!

If these players had been caught outright dropping steroids into their systems like the runner Ben Johnson , then I would never have one of them play football any where, ever again....BUT THEY DIDN'T!

So do you people out there think Bipolarbear is guilty, and deserves, along with thousands of others see his club in ruin for several years. How does that fix anything, it doesn't!

I didn't blame the supporters for what the club did. Where did I say that?

I know a lot of Essendon supporters who are taking a bit of a break this year. They don't feel like supporting a morally bankrupt club.

I didn't blame the supporters for what the club did. Where did I say that?

I know a lot of Essendon supporters who are taking a bit of a break this year. They don't feel like supporting a morally bankrupt club.

Well Apple that's where you missed the point completely mate. There is no question about the fact that some people at Essendon or employed by Essendon were not quite above board.
The argument I am making is you can't take 34 people without absolute proof and kick them out of a job because they may not have known the name of the supplement they were taking in case it was illegal, some had no clue, some followed the sport medicine staff and did as they were asked, they thought they were doing every thing above board.
What's happened now is, instead of punishing the real culprits, every Essendon Member and supporter (and that includes supporters from every other club that love football have to play against a much weakened side) and then wait for that side to regrow itself, the supporters aren't guilty the players "maybe" guilty of some over done rule, where by you have to be a chemist to play the game. The 12 main stream Essendon players who can't play this year have been dealt an injustice by an over enthusiastic ASADA fellow , who went the whole hog to get a conviction, it got the wrong people and has not yet got the right people including Dank???????
But what ASADA CAS or McDevitt have done , is screwed the future up and hurt the wrong people.The base of the club the members /supporters are getting punished too.
Players unjustly suspended, when you do wrong you deserve suspension , when you are accused, and it cannot be proven absolutely, under the law your not guilty, but under McDevitt and CAS, your as guilty as they want you to be! Get it ? Morally bankrupt ???? " TURN IT UP!!!!!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back