What other teams do you follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

I support the Los Angeles Rams in the NFL - they just got smashed by the 49ers 28-0 --- they are a joy to follow .

Not a good result for the Rams considering it was their first game back in Los Angeles for over 20yrs. My Cowboys always find a way to lose at home.

Hopefully the Rams can score this week....

Not a good result for the Rams considering it was their first game back in Los Angeles for over 20yrs. My Cowboys always find a way to lose at home.

Hopefully the Rams can score this week....

You know you're in trouble when your punter is your best player. :rolleyes:

New York Jets (my current avatar is a photo of the Jets' best current player, Mohammad Wilkerson)

New York Knicks

Oakland Athletics

I'll follow the results of Manchester United, but ever since SBS lost the rights to show any EPL games, or even any highlights, I've lost interest in the EPL (I'm too tight to pay for Foxtel). For peculiar reasons, I also like to see Real Betis in the Spanish La Liga do well.

I used to support Jacques Villeneuve in Formula One (the first and so far only person to win the Indy 500 and the Formual One drivers championship) but since his retirement several years ago, my interest in Formula One has diminished. I never particularly supported Mark Webber, as something about his personality grated on me, but I would like Ricciardo to do well.

Loved that weekly round-up show too. You're in luck now - Optus sold one match per week and a weekly highlights show rights to SBS.

Chelsea
AC Milan
Socceroos
Azzurri (Italian national soccer team) - I don't keep up with them as much as I used to. The Aussies never used to get to the World Cup, nor play many games here (don't even talk to me about 1997), but with things the way they are now, the balance has shifted. Always support the Socceroos over the Azzurri without question, but the 2006 World Cup felt strange when the two met.
Melbourne Victory
Aussie cricket team - although I can't get interested in the Twenty20 stuff. Feels too much like a coin toss for the result and not much, if any strategy.
Wallabies
Max Verstappen
Canucks - I was in Vancouver for Christmas and got to see them thumped 5-0 by the LA Kings. I was warned beforehand that ice hockey is taken VERY seriously in Vancouver, but even then the atmosphere (or lack thereof) at the game was confronting. They're all focusing hard on watching the game so there's no room for cheering. Their mascot would try to start a chant that would last for about three seconds. It will be a sad day when the Sedins retire.

None of these come even remotely close to the Hawks though.

Hawthorn
Liverpool
Hibernian
Red Sox
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Knicks
Borussua Dortmund.

A passion:
Norwood Football Club
Australian TEST cricket team

Others I've got a soft spot for:
LA Lakers - James Worthy, what a player
Manchester United - liked watching Best, Charlton & Law when I was a kid

One change to this. I no longer support Lakers since that boofhead LeBron joined the team.

One change to this. I no longer support Lakers since that boofhead LeBron joined the team.
whats wrong with LeBron, I don't pay any attention to the NBA

whats wrong with LeBron, I don't pay any attention to the NBA

I could write a 5000 word essay on that subject. All I'll say is if you are paying no attention to NBA, you're a better person for it. Ratings for the NBA finals have plummeted 68% from last year, only just over 4 million watching in a country with a population of 330 million, and LeBron's politics is a major contributing factor.

Basketball wise, he is annoyed because people don't regard him as the greatest of all time, and is not afraid to say so. He belittles team mates on the court when they make errors, just recently he had a go at the media for not voting him as the Most Valuable Player, and when his team loses, he lacks any idea of sportsmanship. Can you imagine if Nat Fyfe went crook at umpires for not voting for him to win the Brownlow, and storming off the field after his team is beaten in a Grand Final?

And they are only some of the reasons I have no time for him.

Man Utd
Perth Wildcats
Toronto Blue Jays
St George - Illawarra
Philadelphia 76ers (Barkley related, not a band wagon jumper)
San Francisco 49ers (Though I do keep an eye on the Bengals)
Lincoln imps
Perth Glory (Haven't forgiven them for Bernd Stange though)
Lyon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a huge fan of Ice Hockey. Detroit Red Wings all the way baby!
The Hawks have made up a lot of ground in the past few years though. Geez i love footy!
After that, it's Michigan State Hockey, basketball, football (gridiron) and some baseball.
I do enjoy attending baseball games. They are comparatively cheap and meant to be enjoyed with friends.

Adelaide Hawk - liked the way Worthy went about it, but I always was a Magic (Johnson, of course) fan. Can't imagine why - LOL!

Ok boston in America read a book about the goat at about 8 years old. His name was Bill Russell. So I followed all, as they didn't have an nfl team jumped on Montana when he retired got told new England play in Boston went what the... as they were the worst then tom arrived.

Follow most melb teams except 20.20.

Love hawks bay in nz mitre 10 cup.0

Ok boston in America read a book about the goat at about 8 years old. His name was Bill Russell. So I followed all, as they didn't have an nfl team jumped on Montana when he retired got told new England play in Boston went what the... as they were the worst then tom arrived.

Follow most melb teams except 20.20.

Love hawks bay in nz mitre 10 cup.0
Just as an FYI - they were once called the Boston Patriots before moving to Foxborough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back