Analysis What position does JOM play in 2024?

What position does JOM play in 2024?

• Midfield

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Fwd Line

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Backline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • WAFL

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have brought in a lot of high profile players who didn’t give an F..feel like JOM does a bit. Brodie on the other hand got his extension and is now back to being a hack. He was the disappointment of the year for us.

I have JOM on the bench, but not sure how long he’ll keep that spot.
IMO he shouldn’t be attending CB with AB and Serong, they are too similar as a group, happy for him to fill in for AB when he takes a break on the pine. Similarly Switta can provide a chop out for Serong and Johnson for Young. The problem becomes where do they all play when not as inside mids, Johnson had the wing, Switta the forward line, can we fit JOM in the forward line as well?

Strongly disagree re: Aish. Aish is top 15 in our side and offers massive versatility, so probably one of the first names down. No coincidence we lost the Richmond game where he was caught high and concussed. Was BOG at that point and we were set to run them over. Hugely underrated player. As for JOM, he's more than handy in the middle and a solid chop out at half-forward; great set shot as someone else pointed out.

Agree Aish is decent, I like his versatility but he is an average wing and a better option needs to be found. No doubt he stays there for now but that’s purely because Henry is now gone and the next options are anyone’s guess atm.

JOM makes the bench but is a reflection of how poor our 2nd tier midfield is. About one 3rd of his possessions are 1m handballs to someone under more pressure. Shouldn’t be playing but we don’t have better options so makes the cut, go JOM!!!

Agree Aish is decent, I like his versatility but he is an average wing and a better option needs to be found. No doubt he stays there for now but that’s purely because Henry is now gone and the next options are anyone’s guess atm.

JOM makes the bench but is a reflection of how poor our 2nd tier midfield is. About one 3rd of his possessions are 1m handballs to someone under more pressure. Shouldn’t be playing but we don’t have better options so makes the cut, go JOM!!!
Once Johnson graduates to 4th inside mid alongside AB. Serong and Young, I think there’s only room for one of Aish and JOM in the bench, Aish should get that spot based on his flexibility to play inside and outside. Until then though, JOM gets to stay in the lineup and Johnson locks down a wing spot.

It would be great if he could fill a part of a Shooter sized hole in our forward line. Maybe not as fast, but certainly experienced.
Not as fast and definitely not the barometer like Shultz..but has the experience, skills and probably provides more leadership in the fwd half.

It would be great if he could fill a part of a Shooter sized hole in our forward line. Maybe not as fast, but certainly experienced.

Came in to say the same. Unless Emmitt really follows on from his late season form I reckon a Shultz replacement role will be JOM’s for the taking. Especially if our young mids (including Young…) keep progressing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back