What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't decided yet. Open to suggestions.

I don't think it's his face that smells though. I could keep a can of deo on the desk and spray it every time he walks past.
oh, the trusty passive-aggressive non-verbal tactic? Problem is that if he doesn't know he smells he's not going to notice the deo. Will just think you're weird but harmless. A direct aggressive verbal assault will produce better results on the BO front. However, this could have ramifications for your work situation. Say nothing and wear a gas mask?

oh, the trusty passive-aggressive non-verbal tactic? Problem is that if he doesn't know he smells he's not going to notice the deo. Will just think you're weird but harmless. A direct aggressive verbal assault will produce better results on the BO front. However, this could have ramifications for your work situation. Say nothing and wear a gas mask?
Sounds not only passive aggressive but slightly mental too. Would probably have fairly swift ramifications for the work situation too.

I might have a private word to the boss and convince him these awkward conversations are exactly the reason why he's on the big coin and if he wants the office's respect as a leader he should respectfully pull the guy aside and have a quiet word.

Sounds not only passive aggressive but slightly mental too. Would probably have fairly swift ramifications for the work situation too.

I might have a private word to the boss and convince him these awkward conversations are exactly the reason why he's on the big coin and if he wants the office's respect as a leader he should respectfully pull the guy aside and have a quiet word.
winner tactic. Not as much fun as sitting there, working away diligently, wearing a gas mask though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's his face that smells though. I could keep a can of deo on the desk and spray it every time he walks past.
Oh yes, I know. I suggested that because it's particularly jerk-y.

New guy at work has rampant BO. How the **** can these people not smell themselves? Seriously considering doing something about it.
I've had the same problem with people at work and the best way to deal with it is to tell the person straight up in a polite way. It doesn't have to be a "thing". I remind them that they are in and out of clients homes and have to work in close proximity with others. I've even gone as far as to tell them that we have had complaints (which is true in one case as at one point I had a yeti's penis working for me). Sometimes having a laugh is also a good way to deal with it provided the person you are dealing with is the right person to make a joke with...

Don't have one actually. It wasn't exactly an office setting though. ;)

We used to have that problem with a guy from another office. Some of the staff complained to HR and they had to address the problem with the guy.
A rare instance where HR can make themselves useful. Bravo.

I've had the same problem with people at work and the best way to deal with it is to tell the person straight up in a polite way. It doesn't have to be a "thing". I remind them that they are in and out of clients homes and have to work in close proximity with others. I've even gone as far as to tell them that we have had complaints (which is true in one case as at one point I had a yeti's penis working for me). Sometimes having a laugh is also a good way to deal with it provided the person you are dealing with is the right person to make a joke with...
He's not. He's creepy and weird. I definitely think this is above my pay scale. Can't wait to see my boss' reaction.

I had to approach this issue with one of my consultants. It was really just a matter of calling him in to have a quick casual chat about the fact that a few people have mentioned the issue. Once he was informed the problem was solved completely. Usually just a case of politely bringing it to his attention.

I had to approach this issue with one of my consultants. It was really just a matter of calling him in to have a quick casual chat about the fact that a few people have mentioned the issue. Once he was informed the problem was solved completely. Usually just a case of politely bringing it to his attention.
Did they get all embarrassed? Did you? What did you say exactly?

You're the stench try and understand it? Get some deo and spray it long whoah whoah whoooah

Did they get all embarrassed? Did you? What did you say exactly?

You're the stench try and understand it? Get some deo and spray it long whoah whoah whoooah
I guess he was a bit embarrassed but he is a pretty confident bloke and I just professionally sat him down about it. I was his boss so it was easier than if he was a peer.

Did you ask him if he could actually smell himself or if anyone had raised it with him before? How old was he roughly?
I didn't. I just told him what I had been told by his colleagues and that he needed to deoderise. I didn't get into details with him, I just told him I'd had a few minor complaints and that he needed to deodorise, all from a position of authority. He is in his early 20's.

I didn't. I just told him what I had been told by his colleagues and that he needed to deoderise. I didn't get into details with him, I just told him I'd had a few minor complaints and that he needed to deodorise, all from a position of authority. He is in his early 20's.
Ahhh so you never said that you could actually smell him, just 'his colleagues'. That's a good approach.

Ahhh so you never said that you could actually smell him, just 'his colleagues'. That's a good approach.
From my position as his manager I took it as I recieved complaints from his fellow colleagues. Easier than me saying I had a direct issue with it.

People that comment on AFL teams salary cap situations when trying to make a point, it shits me to no end. We get next to zero information on player salaries and even the stuff we do get is very minimal and often get conflicting reports of what the number is. We don't get a top to bottom list of how each team has structured their player salaries for 1 year, nevermind how they've structured it to fit over many years.

Just annoys me to no end to see stupid ******* dolts on here that try and incorporate it into their arguments on here like they'd have the slightest ******* idea if a team is in a position to pay player X or that they've ****ed up their future cap hold.

I swear that there is a large minority of people who have completely lost the ability to be co-ordinated pedestrians.

* me drunk...I got smashed into no less than four times at lunch today when I went for a stroll. Not even people just looking at their phones either, although two of them were; just people who seem to have no concept of the fact that when you are coming out of a shop, you need to look before joining the throng.

Again- * me drunk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back