What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

People who talk about rookie-listing CONTRACTED players. What, so we're going to pay out his contract, delist him, and then hope he lasts to us in the rookie draft? Snowflake's chance in hell. Especially given as soon as he's delisted he can pocket the cash and free agent his way to any-bloody-where.

People who talk about rookie-listing CONTRACTED players. What, so we're going to pay out his contract, delist him, and then hope he lasts to us in the rookie draft? Snowflake's chance in hell. Especially given as soon as he's delisted he can pocket the cash and free agent his way to any-bloody-where.
Happened with Steinberg. The player doesn't get paid out immediately, but is guaranteed his money whatever happens.

Happened with Steinberg. The player doesn't get paid out immediately, but is guaranteed his money whatever happens.
Well there you go. I still find it highly improbable and a bit stupid. Well-run clubs shouldn't be giving players longer contracts than they've earned in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably impossible to prove in a court of law, but there are an assortment of telltale signs:
- far better than I expected from this student.
- seven minute edit time recorded in the file properties.
- looks like it's been copy-pasted into the document wholesale, thanks to a weird grey background.
- all the references seem to be red herrings.

Probably impossible to prove in a court of law, but there are an assortment of telltale signs:
- looks like it's been copy-pasted into the document wholesale, thanks to a weird grey background.
So how do you approach that with the student?

I'm gobsmacked kids have the nerve to do that, especially in these technical times.

About the closest I ever came to cheating was year 11 legal studies when we had to write an essay on the Ronald Ryan case. Me and a mate sat together during a double free lesson and lunch and knocked it off. Both of our work was completely independently written but we talked about it throughout the writing process and the results were remarkably consistent. On the marking of my mate's essay it said "Reads like Pweter's essay in places" and on mine it said "Reads like Pweter's mate's essay in places", and we both got the same mark.

Lesson: Collaboration is good, writing the whole essay whilst collaborating is probably not a wise idea.

Students overflowing with potential who hand in s**t essays. :(
This hits home. One of my sons was found to have plagiarised a maths assignment last term. Thing is, he's a kid with ability; won a scholarship to his private school, has won academic competitions and chess competitions, won a poetry competition in year 8 when the other 3 winners were year 12 students. He's got to see the director of curriculum next week for his troubles. We hope it is a middle school dip and that, with support from both us and the school, he'll get back on track. He's got a fairly serious addition to computer games which needs to be addressed and he first needs to acknowledge that it is his problem.

This hits home. One of my sons was found to have plagiarised a maths assignment last term. Thing is, he's a kid with ability; won a scholarship to his private school, has won academic competitions and chess competitions, won a poetry competition in year 8 when the other 3 winners were year 12 students. He's got to see the director of curriculum next week for his troubles. We hope it is a middle school dip and that, with support from both us and the school, he'll get back on track. He's got a fairly serious addition to computer games which needs to be addressed and he first needs to acknowledge that it is his problem.

I don't mean to tell you how to parent your son, but I feel if you try to address the problem by blaming it on the gaming passion then you will drive a wedge between you two. I know this as a teen who loved gaming so much it was all I could think about at times. Call it an addiction and he'll think you don't understand him.

I don't mean to tell you how to parent your son, but I feel if you try to address the problem by blaming it on the gaming passion then you will drive a wedge between you two. I know this as a teen who loved gaming so much it was all I could think about at times. Call it an addiction and he'll think you don't understand him.
Our situation is very similar to this: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...-technology-addiction/7836026?section=science

I see what you are saying. However, my own feeling is that addressing the behaviour is more important than the label and that the key to resolving it is for him to take ownership of it.

The bolded certainly isn't one I'd ever have thought to look for.

The grey background stuff is pretty amateur. Surely if you were going to do it, you'd try and make it look a bit more convincing; the grey background is a dead giveaway really.

For me, this is the biggest indicator I notice. I think it is harder though in the age of the internet to find resources that are aimed at the correct level. Being a high school science teacher, we do a number of research assignments, particularly from years 8-10. Most things they find on the internet are going to be well above the level they are at. It makes it difficult sometimes to understand the content, let alone re-word it.

******* daylight saving and work alarm clocks not reset
The joy of standing outside your office for half an hour waiting for the alarm to reset
Tried to set the recorder for the F1.. bloody nightmare with half the electronics on DST and half not. And then the online tv guides had 5.30 start on the program, but it was at the 4.30 section of the timeline :weary: The sooner these things figure s**t out by themselves, the better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back