Toast What the depth??!

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't be world beaters again next year, but we're placing ourselves in a very, very, very good position in a 2011-2014 'window'.

By this stage, a lot of the teams who have been up and about in the last few years will be back on the way down due to retirements and a few other factors. The Gold Coast & West Sydney are going to drain the next few drafts of anything so we have really set ourselves up nicely for this, whilst many other clubs really haven't and will fall in a fairly deep hole for a 2-3 year period.

My main fear is that Gold Coast or West Sydney will be pushing for the same years we are, and their list will be pretty packed full of talent I imagine.

Just realised how sad a way this is to spend my Saturday night but - Here you go Nighthawk, my intra-club match teams:
Team A:
B: H. Slattery Pears Daniher
HB: Dempsey Hooker McPhee
C: Winderlich Stanton Dyson
HF: M. Williams Gumbleton Skipworth
F: Jetta Still Quinn
R: Hille Myers Welsh
Int: Bellchambers Lonergan Pick #24 <turns out 43 ISN’T divisible by 2>

Note: Quinn is on Welsh’s team this time for obvious reasons.:)

Team B:
B: McVeigh Fletcher T. Slattery
HB: Atkinson Hurley Lovett-Murray
C: Reimers Prismall Houli
HF: Monfries Laycock Zaharakis
F: Davey Neagle J. Williams
R: Ryder Watson Hocking
Int: Bock Pick #10 Pick #26 Pick #33
Teams subject to change depending on drafted players. Not even going to try and bother speculating who we draft.

Not really sure which team to pick out of this...
Key match ups include:
Watson v Welsh
Hocking v Myers
Ryder v Hille
Neagle v Pears
Hurley v Gumbleton

I would be tipping Team A just because they seem more balanced, also have a spare slot on the interchange bench that I could slot straight into;)

Great work teak. They better not make this match closed to the public again. I reckon they could sell tickets and get their end of season trip paid off.

(Feeling equally sad about being here to comment on a Saturday night.)

Would be great to be able to see the intra-club match. But they probably won't let the public see again, as they haven't previously. Pity, I would pay to see it, and I would think others would too.
Good idea to use it as a way to pay off the end of season trip

Nice job.

Quite bizarrely, both of those come close to being a complete AFL side (excluding those who are destined to be delisted shortly and the picks who we don't know.) Effectively we've got almost 2 full AFL sides in one team.

I can't think of another team that has our depth...

Haha, Edited, thank you RIG.

Yeah I dunno, always have put the followers in the middle of my lists, it just looks right for some reason, maybe because they are like that on the ground?:D
It's exciting times hey? Zaharakis is another one I am having trouble keeping out.

Zaharakis is someone who I'm looking for massive improvement in. His delivery is terrific. So accurate. I'm starting to think the loss of Lovett is no great loss after all.

...and yes, we have great depth at the moment. I'm hoping other sides continue to underestimate us.

Best 22

FB: Fletcher Pears Slattery
HB: McPhee Hurley Dempsey
C: Stanton Watson Winderlich
HF: Reimers Gumbleton Monfries
FF: Williams Neagle Davey
R: Ryder Welsh McVeigh
Bench: Dyson Myers NLM Hille

notes: - can see Hooker taking Fletchers place as he fades.
Mids facing pressure to perform from - Houli/Lonergan/Zahakarkis/Hocking
KPP - Still/hooker/daniher
Rucks - laycock/Bock

Reserves
FB: Atkinson Daniher Pick 33#
HB:pick 26# Hooker Slattery
C: Hocking Lonergan Houli
HF: Quinn Bellchambers Pick #24
FF:Meli Still Jetta
R: Laycock, Zaharakis, pick 10#
Bench: Bock, Rookie#3, Rookie#4, Rookie#5

Remove this Banner Ad