What the ladder looks like once the six bottom feeding sides are removed from calculations...

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting. Collingwood, Richmond, North Melbourne and Crows supporters have been the most vocal in bagging Port for not having beaten any decent teams. Hopefully they'll see this thread and shut their mouths.
Tell me how many wins the teams Port has played have got.

The actual ladder is a misleading indicator due to the rabble sides of the competition skewing the results.

I'm talking about the 6 clubs whose only wins have come against each other, namely St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Melbourne, GWS & Gold Coast.

When removing games these garbage sides have participated in, we are left with the top 12 ladder which only considers games played by top 12 sides vs other top 12 sides.

top12ladder.jpg

Don't bother checking the AFL site or Roby's LOL Rankings. This shows the true pecking order in the AFL.

I assume there's a final 6 in this theoretical league of 12? Oooh... Tigers just miss the finals again!

Interesting. Collingwood, Richmond, North Melbourne and Crows supporters have been the most vocal in bagging Port for not having beaten any decent teams. Hopefully they'll see this thread and shut their mouths.
Notice how the 2 decent teams you think you've beaten have 0 wins between them on that table.

Tell me how many wins the teams Port has played have got.

Well, if you really want to you can take the Crows and West Coast out of the 'good teams' ladder. Now, if we do that, tell me how many wins the teams Norf have beaten have got?

It's an awkward situation for you. You can either say the Crows and West Coast are decent, which means Port have beaten two decent teams and are ahead of you, or you can say that they're not, which means that Port also aren't a decent team, which means that Norf haven't beaten a decent team either and are in no position to criticise. Take your pick.

Notice how the 2 decent teams you think you've beaten have 0 wins between them on that table.

Yep, that's because we beat both of them. Nice circular logic. 'Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port because Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port because Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port ...'

Yep, that's because we beat both of them. Nice circular logic. 'Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port because Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port because Port are s**t because they've only beaten s**t teams because only s**t teams lose to Port ...'
Those same s**t teams that have only beaten s**t teams.

Even a Poort supporter should understand simple logic.

Well, if you really want to you can take the Crows and West Coast out of the 'good teams' ladder. Now, if we do that, tell me how many wins the teams Norf have beaten have got?

It's an awkward situation for you. You can either say the Crows and West Coast are decent, which means Port have beaten two decent teams and are ahead of you, or you can say that they're not, which means that Port also aren't a decent team, which means that Norf haven't beaten a decent team either and are in no position to criticise. Take your pick.

Good post.

I think there's a clear bottom 6 that can be safely dismissed. Sure you could remove Port, Norf, Crows and Eagles as they have only beaten each other, but then you remove Carlton, Sydney, Richmond... it will never end until you are just left with Geelong.

Deflection is all that I see in this answer.

The club which has owned u the last 10 times flog, :p

Dude, having experienced 'owning' the team that beat us in the GF last night, I can now confirm my suspicions, that it does SFA to quell the pain of losing a granny! :thumbsdown::D

Good post.

I think there's a clear bottom 6 that can be safely dismissed. Sure you could remove Port, Norf, Crows and Eagles as they have only beaten each other, but then you remove Carlton, Sydney, Richmond... it will never end until you are just left with Geelong.

Yep, this.

If you take the Crows and Eagles out of the equation because they haven't beaten any of the 12, then you're left with 10.
Port and Carlton have only beaten the Crows and the Eagles, so they're gone and you're left with 8.
Norf have only beaten Port and Richmond have only beaten Port and Carlton, so they're out.
Sydney have only beaten Norf, so they're out.
Collingwood have only beaten Carlton, Norf and Richmond, so they're gone.
Freo have only beaten Collingwood, West Coast and Richmond, so they're gone.
Essendon have only beaten Freo, Collingwood and the Crows, so they're out.
This leaves Hawthorn and Geelong as the only decent teams in the competitions. But Hawthorn haven't beaten Geelong, so they're out.
This leaves Geelong as the only team left, which means that Geelong haven't beaten any decent teams because there aren't any, which means Geelong aren't decent either.

Conclusion: There are no good teams in the AFL because nobody has beaten anyone decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, this.

If you take the Crows and Eagles out of the equation because they haven't beaten any of the 12, then you're left with 10.
Port and Carlton have only beaten the Crows and the Eagles, so they're gone and you're left with 8.
Norf have only beaten Port and Richmond have only beaten Port and Carlton, so they're out.
Sydney have only beaten Norf, so they're out.
Collingwood have only beaten Carlton, Norf and Richmond, so they're gone.
Freo have only beaten Collingwood, West Coast and Richmond, so they're gone.
Essendon have only beaten Freo, Collingwood and the Crows, so they're out.
This leaves Hawthorn and Geelong as the only decent teams in the competitions. But Hawthorn haven't beaten Geelong, so they're out.
This leaves Geelong as the only team left, which means that Geelong haven't beaten any decent teams because there aren't any, which means Geelong aren't decent either.

Conclusion: There are no good teams in the AFL because nobody has beaten anyone decent.

And how long have we been saying that Geelong were on the decline...;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back