What's the issue with Majak?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, it's a shame Cloke has suffered from inaccuracy for large portions of his career. He could well be approaching Riewoldt and Brown's standing otherwise.

Hasn't Riewoldt been criticised for his inaccuracy in kicking for goal a number of times over the years?

Hasn't Riewoldt been criticised for his inaccuracy in kicking for goal a number of times over the years?
Yes, but his courage, endeavour and leadership are big parts of his reputation (as with most great centre half forwards like Carey, Brereton, etc). Cloke has never been seen to have those qualities.

Wasn't Shaun Atley meant to be "the next Chris Judd"?

:rolleyes:

That is what the Essendon recruiter said. :p

He IS playing like Judd atm, that is the problem, Judd isn't playing very flash atm. But, Heppell is a bit of a seagull, he is like a moderately better version of Anthony. 28 disposals, 9 inside 50s and no goals or goal assists. He just shanks too many of his kicks going long. His best attribute is he knows where to stand to receive the ball, he is probably the least memorable, least impact 10 mark player in the game.

Well, I'm not sure how good or great Majak could or will be.
But I thought he was fairly solid in the AFL level games he's played so far.

As much stick as I'll cop for this (injuries notwithstanding) I'd persevere with him now that he's been blooded.

Well, I'm not sure how good or great Majak could or will be.
But I thought he was fairly solid in the AFL level games he's played so far.

As much stick as I'll cop for this (injuries notwithstanding) I'd persevere with him now that he's been blooded.

He would be fine if our team was back in 2009, 2010 or 2011 in terms of overall development, a lot of the players we have now where in a similar boat back then, however, he has too many flaws atm to be a consistent AFL player for a side where we are at this year.

Unless he can improve on them he will have to address them through the VFL.

Honestly one of the funniest things I've ever read.

I am serious, when Anthony ends up with stats like Heppell I suggest he is a liability to the side and should be dropped. Just ask other North supporters. If you can't hit targets going long inside 50 then you are a liability in the modern game because defensive rebounds are brutal.

I am serious, when Anthony ends up with stats like Heppell I suggest he is a liability to the side and should be dropped. Just ask other North supporters. If you can't hit targets going long inside 50 then you are a liability in the modern game because defensive rebounds are brutal.

Granted that Heppell is vastly overrated on big footy, but to compare him to Liam Anthony, you best slow down consumption bud:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Granted that Heppell is vastly overrated on big footy, but to compare him to Liam Anthony, you best slow down consumption bud:)

I just don't think he uses the ball well long but is good at the short-game and is exceptional at positioning. Not sure of anyone else to compare him to.

Anthony is a VFL-grade plodder who would struggle to get a game at the majority AFL clubs. He's lucky to still be on an AFL list. Classic case of a guy who can find the ball but does stuff all with it. Thank God North haven't gifted him games this year like they usually do.

Heppell's kicking may be inconsistent, but he is a much better player than Anthony... much, much better.

Anthony is a VFL-grade plodder who would struggle to get a game at the majority AFL clubs. He's lucky to still be on an AFL list. Classic case of a guy who can find the ball but does stuff all with it. Thank God North haven't gifted him games this year like they usually do.

Heppell's kicking may be inconsistent, but he is a much better player than Anthony... much, much better.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

There's no argument. It's beyond silly.

flash-in-a-pan1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back