Whats up with Jack Trengove?

Remove this Banner Ad

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Not having a stab at the bloke or club, but jeez he looks a shadow of his former self. Giving him the captaincy i think was a big mistake for a kid still trying to prove himself. Watching him the last 2 years it looks like hes stagnated if anything hes gone backwards.

I hope he regains some form and confidence because he was a great junior and showed so much potential.

What is everyones thoughts

Was injured for a good chunk of the pre-season, as well as last year carrying OP (suspected), needs to build fitness but is too talented to drop to Casey.

Was injured for a good chunk of the pre-season, as well as last year carrying OP (suspected), needs to build fitness but is too talented to drop to Casey.

In this day and age, how can someone be made to play through OP? That is a disgrace

Ripper kid but needs more pace. One thing you can never fault is his endeavour. Even in the first quarter when had maybe 1 possession he still at 6 tackles.

He's a very good overhead mark and we thought that'd allow him to creep forward and kick goals. Unfortunately he's too slow for that really.

I think it's possible for his speed to improve, and if it does we'll really see him come on. If not, I reckon he'll still become decent but probably nothing special.

He was unstoppable in the under 18's. Just dominated. He's really stagnated in the last two years.

Personally I think he's still too young for the captaincy. Take it off him, get him fit, and let him focus on footy. Plenty of time for him to skipper his team in the future.

Is a gun, and I really hope he fulfils his potential.

Ripper kid but needs more pace. One thing you can never fault is his endeavour. Even in the first quarter when had maybe 1 possession he still at 6 tackles.

He's a very good overhead mark and we thought that'd allow him to creep forward and kick goals. Unfortunately he's too slow for that really.

I think it's possible for his speed to improve, and if it does we'll really see him come on. If not, I reckon he'll still become decent but probably nothing special.

when he was drafted i dont remember him being so incredibly slow. Has something happened over the last few years? looks slower than brock mclean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when he was drafted i dont remember him being so incredibly slow. Has something happened over the last few years? looks slower than brock mclean

He has groin issues, his whole running style has changed after his first season because of it.

Then he busted his foot this pre-season. He just needs to get fit.

He's been Melbourned.
He'll never be as good as he was in his first year with things as they are down at the club.
Does seem to be weary and heavy laden.

Not sure what the answer is. It's pretty clear the current Demons football department don't have answers either.

Yeah last year and this he's really slowed down, he's quicker then he was last year though - need more from him, he proved in his first two years that he can play at the level.

Had zero pre-season, came straight back in and is easing his way back into it. Did not play all that well today but he was good last week.

The Bruce, Dennis and Lethal brethrin amongst all their circle jerking over Brisbane decided today that Trengove was the one they'd scrutinise and criticise at every opportunity. Of course they conveniently forgot to mention he played very well just 7 days ago but whatever.

Considering the pedigree with his sister, I imagine running isn't an issue when he's 100%.

No, he can run - he was never super quick, but he'd probably be as quick as someone like Selwood was in his first two years.

Hopefully it's just fitness this year, reminds me a bit of Luke Ball at the Saints in later years.

As a 17 year old he dominated a SANFL finals series, like absolutely dominated. He lookds nothing like that now.

needs to have six weeks off and relieved of the captaincy... dees are treating him like a draft horse
he's a thoroughbred... u idiots melbourne..

He missed literally ALL of the pre season and is now trying to work his way back into some form. Was good the last two weeks before this. Has also had 20 tackles in the last 2 games. Needs to find a bit more offensive fire power.

Ridiculous thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back