When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not Cook's role to get the board in shape imo. It's the boards role...driven by the President...who need to sort themselves out.

I've heard numerous successful exec's speak over the years and they all state how it starts at the top (the board) and flows to the CEO and the exec layer.

Same at the Tiges with Peggy and Brendan. As it was when the Hawks were winning flags (it wasn't Kennet was it)

And the Cats when Cook and Costa took over.

Impossible to underestimate Cook’s impact at Geelong.

Club was a mess with both captain and coach abandoning ship and debt piling up when he took the reins.

Talented playing list is one thing, but success won’t happen until the off field is strong, with a clear agreed goal and everyone pulling in the same direction.

Richmond is an excellent recent example of this

We just landed the best football administrator in the past few decades. I don't know what coach we'll get, but if this influences Clarkson and we get him, I'm going to bump up this post and laugh hysterically at you.

But we probably won't, I'm fine with someone like Pyke - but even then, getting Cook is a big deal, most other opposition supporters are acknowledging that. So stop embarrassing yourself by pathetically trying to downplay it. Your season really wasn't too better than ours, in fact you just got a record for no goals in a half for a final since the 50's. I'd rather miss the finals than get a record like that. This is on top of all the other things, like drug cheating, so you're not really one to talk about how clubs are run. Go back to whatever hole you came from, but if you do, get a damn avatar.

Or maybe not. The B is fitting. For Bullshit.

I'm sure Cook can fix some things up at the club but who knows in what timeframe? But lets be real how much do you really care about the football administrator compared to who is your senior coach and how talented your list is? People only give a crap about administrators when their club is already a disaster or when they are looking back at the success they have already achieved.

I'd say our season was tons better than Carlton. Carlton were predicted to make top 8, finished with a measly 8 wins and a % of 88.54
On the other hand Essendon predicted to finish 12-16 finished 8th with 11 wins and % of 109.11 so that's 3 extra wins and 20 extra percentage over Carlton. This was whilst losing experienced players and taking 3 top 10 picks in the draft, 2 of whom had an immediate impact in our team.

Also just quietly there was a team in 2018 called Melbourne who were held goalless to half time in a prelim to West Coast. They seem to be doing all right nowadays.

I'm sure Cook can fix some things up at the club but who knows in what timeframe? But lets be real how much do you really care about the football administrator compared to who is your senior coach and how talented your list is? People only give a crap about administrators when their club is already a disaster or when they are looking back at the success they have already achieved.

I'd say our season was tons better than Carlton. Carlton were predicted to make top 8, finished with a measly 8 wins and a % of 88.54
On the other hand Essendon predicted to finish 12-16 finished 8th with 11 wins and % of 109.11 so that's 3 extra wins and 20 extra percentage over Carlton. This was whilst losing experienced players and taking 3 top 10 picks in the draft, 2 of whom had an immediate impact in our team.

Also just quietly there was a team in 2018 called Melbourne who were held goalless to half time in a prelim to West Coast. They seem to be doing all right nowadays.
Your team hasnt made the top 6 or won a final in 17 consecutive seasons.

We are a mess but at least we aren't in denial. Learn to admit your situation, dont pretend theres no problem. That's how you got into the systemic steroid injecting peptide scandal in 2012 in the first place.

Essendon was Carltons easiest win this season mate.

Cook is a good operator there's no doubt about it. But at the age of 65 he is yesterday's man. Just looking for a retirement package at the Blues.
What a stupid statement.

He's CEO mate, not a player.
Some of the best CEO's in the business world are in their sixties.

He's been in the system for decades.
The last thing he needs is a retirement package.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your team hasnt made the top 6 or won a final in 17 consecutive seasons.

We are a mess but at least we aren't in denial. Learn to admit your situation, dont pretend theres no problem. That's how you got into the systemic steroid injecting peptide scandal in 2012 in the first place.
Bit early to be on the cheech and chongs mate...

Congratulations on that win which seems to be the highlight of your pathetic clubs season....Hopefully Cook has higher ambitions than you for the coming seasons.
Didn't like my post mate?

Opposition supporters after Liddle gets punted : "your club is crap, you got rid of your CEO and haven't got a replacement sorted either"

Opposition supporters after Cook gets announced : "he's too old for the job, he won't do any good".

Never go changing folks !!!:rolleyes:
There's a couple gone missing as well.

Just the typical response I expect from you, deflecting rubbish as usual....It's taken me less time to get two COVID jabs than your mob to select the next coach to knife !
You really should try reading the sour rubbish you put out mate, and why are you so invested in how much time it takes to get a coach?

Sooo despite certain Carlton posters' prognostications, that would indeed mean they fired a CEO before actually having a new one lined up (just the possibility of getting who they want) - just like they did with Teague.

But apparently we're all too stupid to understand the brilliant genius of Luke Sayers and his 'Big 4' corporate experience of firing everyone who disagrees with him/going over the heads of anyone who gets in his way.

Would be refreshing if I could just hear a few people say 'you know what, Sayers is a complete tool and the inner factions of admin are completely broken and way too focused on short-term success rather than long term environment/morale.' Pagan came out and said as much about his time there 20+ years ago, and it seems not much has changed.
Quite obvious you have zero business experience or knowledge.

Opposition supporters after Liddle gets punted : "your club is crap, you got rid of your CEO and haven't got a replacement sorted either"

Opposition supporters after Cook gets announced : "he's too old for the job, he won't do any good".

Never go changing folks !!!:rolleyes:
Can you blame people. Malthouse, Pagan… they bring in people who have succeeded decades before at previous clubs and expect the same success

You really should try reading the sour rubbish you put out mate, and why are you so invested in how much time it takes to get a coach?
Sour rubbish ?? mate you obviously have no mirrors at your place.... some of your replies to others on here are nothing short of pathetic !!
Lets deal in facts your pathetically run club has made a meal out of this whole fiasco true or false ?

It's not Cook's role to get the board in shape imo. It's the boards role...driven by the President...who need to sort themselves out.

I've heard numerous successful exec's speak over the years and they all state how it starts at the top (the board) and flows to the CEO and the exec layer.

Same at the Tiges with Peggy and Brendan. As it was when the Hawks were winning flags (it wasn't Kennet was it)
Not so, CEO conducts the boards agenda’s and reminds them of their duty to the membership. Brendan Gale set the tone and direction.

When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back