List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck for the season ahead mate! I'm jealous! Miss my footy
Yeah man. We are a really good chance this year. Have been for the last couple just can’t get it done. Thought I might go around again, my old body is failing me though. The pre seasons never get any easier

Mordialloc. So div 1 sfl, not the greatest league but definitely getting better. We signed Jason gram for this year
Played in the old Churches League before it became Southern and there was nowhere to hide back then and pretty tough footy.
Saw a few Southern games last year and standard surprised me.

Played in the old Churches League before it became Southern and there was nowhere to hide back then and pretty tough footy.
Saw a few Southern games last year and standard surprised me.
Yeah it’s tough footy.
More in the trenches type stuff.
We aren’t all about the beautiful flowing type of footy played these days lol

I use to play for Tyabb in the MP league a long time ago , and oppostion sides use to go in without lube against us on a weekly basis back then.
Yeah that’s where one of my mates had gone. They split the league into 2 divisions, which is good they should go much better in the second division

Its actually Broady offering the dough , i was shocked they would do that with kids that young.
Wow. I didn't think Broady had that kind of money to throw around at juniors. I suppose you could argue both Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise are falling behind Palm Beach and Labrador so something needs to be done to stem the tide of juniors heading to those two clubs. However, stealing juniors potentially hurts these kids' development because Palm Beach has shown their current system provides a proven pathway into the AFL. There's something about the southern Gold Coasters starting out at Cooly, Burleigh or even PBC and going through the Palm Beach pathway once they reach a certain age which is currently producing AFL players. Jesse Joyce started out at Cooly and Crossley/Dawson likewise at Burleigh but they all went through the Palm Beach system and are now AFL players so that is a bit concerning if Broadbeach are trying to steal/buy Palm Beach's most talented juniors.

We saw Crossley make the transition to Labrador in his second last year as a junior and I can only assume there was a financial incentive involved in that movement given the fact that he switched back to Palm Beach a year later (at least on paper) and very much considers himself a Palm Beach boy. So money is definitely starting to become a huge factor in local GC footy but unlike years gone by, it's a relatively even playing ground because they don't have to compete with Southport anymore. If Southport were to re-enter the QAFL we would see almost all the best juniors going through the Sharks system again because they simply have the money and the resources that other GC clubs can't compete with. The current structure of QLD footy allows all these other GC clubs to compete with the best in their league and it's beautiful.

Apologies if it was discussed elsewhere but what are posters thoughts on Malceski as NEAFL coach? What was his role last year? Was he in a development/Academy post?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if it was discussed elsewhere but what are posters thoughts on Malceski as NEAFL coach? What was his role last year? Was he in a development/Academy post?
Think its a logical appointment. Mal was recruited with a view to moving into a development coaching role. Even while still playing he worked with the Academy kids when able.
Last year he was given a development position after retirement, and worked as a NEAFL assistant coach.
Word is he's liked by the younger players - those that will most likely play NEAFL.
He comes from the same Sydney background as does senior coach Dew , so they should have like expectations and requirements of players, and be on the same page.
While he might lack some practical coaching experience - NEAFL is all about development of kids and he has made good headway in this area.
He also has good assistants in Shaun Hart (a previous Suns NEAFL coach) and Aaron Rogers (a former Suns Academy coach).

Think its a logical appointment. Mal was recruited with a view to moving into a development coaching role. Even while still playing he worked with the Academy kids when able.
Last year he was given a development position after retirement, and worked as a NEAFL assistant coach.
Word is he's liked by the younger players - those that will most likely play NEAFL.
He comes from the same Sydney background as does senior coach Dew , so they should have like expectations and requirements of players, and be on the same page.
While he might lack some practical coaching experience - NEAFL is all about development of kids and he has made good headway in this area.
He also has good assistants in Shaun Hart (a previous Suns NEAFL coach) and Aaron Rogers (a former Suns Academy coach).

I remember going to a NEAFL game last year and Malcheski was a line coach for the backs , when at quarter time Steven May just rocked up and took total control and Mal took a backseat , at the time i thought Mal must of been a part timer/ just helping hand , so its a big step for him , his a good guy hope he does well.

Will be a great appointment, he has played under some great coaches and from my understanding is also a popular figure as was our old NEAFL coach.

I remember going to a NEAFL game last year and Malcheski was a line coach for the backs , when at quarter time Steven May just rocked up and took total control and Mal took a backseat , at the time i thought Mal must of been a part timer/ just helping hand , so its a big step for him , his a good guy hope he does well.
Steven May was in the coaching box that day, a number of players where doing there level 2 coaching course and Steve Daniels let a number of the boys take line meetings and speak to the boys at the breaks, it was all about developing them into coaches and leaders. Malceski would of been working with May in the box and what to say at the break, one would think. Sad that our old coach has moved on but excited to have Malceski take over, and i think will keep us playing finals for the 3rd straight year...

It's the one thing I've always hated about the Suns is they have never been open and honest with anyone from members/supporters to staff/employees

It's the one thing I've always hated about the Suns is they have never been open and honest with anyone from members/supporters to staff/employees
Was it case with Rocket? Did not he know his job was on the line since round 1 loss? Once board confirmed Evans review he was told. Quite contrary, I would say Rocket's decision not to front up team was poor form.

Was it case with Rocket? Did not he know his job was on the line since round 1 loss? Once board confirmed Evans review he was told. Quite contrary, I would say Rocket's decision not to front up team was poor form.

He’s off his head that old hack. He was off contract and there was a review taking place.
He ought to thank us for giving him a fantastic superannuation top up long after his time had passed in AFL and move on.
We have long moved on from him, I’d forgotten about his miserable existence till then.
Good grief what an old sook-buy a caravan and be a grey nomad Rocket.

From what i remember Evans asked him if he would want to find out the result of the review straight away or wait till the end of the season. He said straight away and Evans did so. I thought they were upfront unless i'm missing something.

From what i remember Evans asked him if he would want to find out the result of the review straight away or wait till the end of the season. He said straight away and Evans did so. I thought they were upfront unless i'm missing something.
Yeah Evans was as transparent as you could get with Eade , i'm not sure why he would potting us in this instance.

Agree. Just shut up and move on, Rocket.

There is virtually nobody upset about Eade going at the Club It is now seen as a big mistake but he was the best of a bad bunch available at the time.
Dew is a 1000% improvement everyone is very impressed.

There is virtually nobody upset about Eade going at the Club It is now seen as a big mistake but he was the best of a bad bunch available at the time.
Dew is a 1000% improvement everyone is very impressed.
Just listened to Rocket's interview. Talking about stories to tell, did not get support - really poor attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back