List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez Geelong had a good win today without Danger and Harry T going down... they could be the real deal when Dangerwood jnr gets together..
It’s a long season so hopefully not. I’m already seeing posts on the main board like “so good to see the little master at a club that isn’t a rabble”. Making my blood boil, so just silently refraining from biting until Dew time.

Geez Geelong had a good win today without Danger and Harry T going down... they could be the real deal when Dangerwood jnr gets together..
except they got smoked in inside 50s - and possessions per goal for geelong was huge. very inefficient play. they'll make the 8 but wont be a premiership threat.

Gary Ablett Junior. The 'ex Suns' move back to Geelong is now complete.

After 7 months since his last game for the Suns, Ablett yesterday played his 1st game back with the club both he and his father became legends at; The Geelong Cats. GAZ racked up 39 touches DESPITE not getting the ball for the 1st ten minutes of the game! He brought the house down with a goal and propped up his team when they got a bit wobbly. Something he has proven extremely adept at in recent years.

Amongst the best on ground, Ablett looked energised, healthy, happy, just like one would imagine when a prodigal son returns home. I'm sure the GCS supporters will wish GAJ all the best after the many years of hard slog he put into helping grow the young teams the GCS fielded.

After 7 months since his last game for the Suns, Ablett yesterday played his 1st game back with the club both he and his father became legends at; The Geelong Cats. GAZ racked up 39 touches DESPITE not getting the ball for the 1st ten minutes of the game! He brought the house down with a goal and propped up his team when they got a bit wobbly. Something he has proven extremely adept at in recent years.

Amongst the best on ground, Ablett looked energised, healthy, happy, just like one would imagine when a prodigal son returns home. I'm sure the GCS supporters will wish GAJ all the best after the many years of hard slog he put into helping grow the young teams the GCS fielded.
The hook is baited... Will anyone bite?

Just another sad alias.Like most Geelong inbreds too cowardly to use their real login
No wonder they love Ablett there.
He is one of their own

Can't wait to see him against the Suns in Round 11, hope the crowd don't boo him cause it will cause a shitstorm in the media but i don't want it to be all lovey dovey and allow him to rack up possessions on field

Can't wait to see him against the Suns in Round 11, hope the crowd don't boo him cause it will cause a shitstorm in the media but i don't want it to be all lovey dovey and allow him to rack up possessions on field

I was at the game yesterday and he was getting booed all day. There is no way it wont happen on the GC

I’m going to wait at Cooly Airport and Boo Him, then follow them up to Broadbeach and boo him in the Sofitel Lobby, I’m going to boo and boo and boo right until he gets back on his Plane Back to the Inbred Capital of Victoria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to wait at Cooly Airport and Boo Him, then follow them up to Broadbeach and boo him in the Sofitel Lobby, I’m going to boo and boo and boo right until he gets back on his Plane Back to the Inbred Capital of Victoria.
Bods.. I know not everything you've said I've enjoyed, heck I think you and I had our disagreements on the board on the early days. But if you do that, even better... If you record it, you get instant legend status in my books.

I'm sure the Geelong drug rehabs and Newstart Offices are awash with Ablettmania today
My friends and family in Melbourne genuinely believe we miss him and are just covering up LOL
Had the same thing when I walked into footy training, people brought up Ablett soon as I walked through the door.

All I said was 'well, we won anyway' quietened up a few people.

clearly our coaching and conditioning staff sent him back a better player than when he left you

Don't do it

Big Red Machine can back me up in saying that game plan does not end well

I'm sure the Geelong drug rehabs and Newstart Offices are awash with Ablettmania today
My friends and family in Melbourne genuinely believe we miss him and are just covering up LOL
Strange that. It’s like they have absolutely no idea about the media circus that has beset the club since the moment the little weirdo first requested a trade two years ago despite it being all over the media :drunk:
Ablett leaving has been a genuine weight off the shoulders of this club.
BTW can anyone tell me what we ended up getting for him? I genuinely CGAF enough to look it up myself.

We got bugger all really,
Geelong gets Ablett pick 24 and a 2018 fourth round pick. Gold Coast receives pick 19 and a 2018 second round pick.

You could say our pick 19 is not much different to the pick 24 they got, which means we get abou pick 30 this year in exchange for about pick 58 or so...
Lets say a 30 pick upgrade to a low second rounder..
Not much for a guy who just got nearly 40 touches in his first game for his new club...
And yet I'm still glad to be rid of him..

We got bugger all really,
Geelong gets Ablett pick 24 and a 2018 fourth round pick. Gold Coast receives pick 19 and a 2018 second round pick.

You could say our pick 19 is not much different to the pick 24 they got, which means we get abou pick 30 this year in exchange for about pick 58 or so...
Lets say a 30 pick upgrade to a low second rounder..
Not much for a guy who just got nearly 40 touches in his first game for his new club...
And yet I'm still glad to be rid of him..
So Wil Powell and a second rounder this year. If we can get 10 years out of young Wil and he has the goods like we’ve been hearing, that and the circus leaving town would have to be seen as a great outcome from a Gold Coast perspective.
Vic media might see it differently though... I went looking online this morning for some good reports about Saturday’s win, only to see the headline “Suns head Handouts Ladder” in the Hun I think it was. Thank God for Paywalls.

So Wil Powell and a second rounder this year. If we can get 10 years out of young Wil and he has the goods like we’ve been hearing, that and the circus leaving town would have to be seen as a great outcome from a Gold Coast perspective.
Vic media might see it differently though... I went looking online this morning for some good reports about Saturday’s win, only to see the headline “Suns head Handouts Ladder” in the Hun I think it was. Thank God for Paywalls.
Yeah but they also got our pick 24 which is Tim Kelly.. he looks like a real good player already... lets not kid ourselves Geelong did real well out of this... along with the fact they only have to pay him a fraction of what we had to pay him thanks to his back ended contract... but then they did get Jordan as well, so that probably makes it even!

Haha I listened to my usual AFL podcasts, and barely a mention of our win.

Just go into their joint next week, beat one of their up and comers, and people will start to take us a bit more seriously.

Haha I listened to my usual AFL podcasts, and barely a mention of our win.

Just go into their joint next week, beat one of their up and comers, and people will start to take us a bit more seriously.
Doesn't matter what country, what sport, what era, respect is earnt.
By appointing Mark Evans and Dew, moving Ablett on and most importantly winning, we might start earning the right to be peeved when people don't take us seriously

Remove this Banner Ad

Back