List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hindsight is always a gotcha, but Bluey was extremely highly rated going into our inaugural year. Plus it was an era where Coaches were getting gigs without a lot of experience. See: Voss.

Not a lot of people thought that Bluey to Coach us was a bad move at the time IIRC. Though it did have some detractors, see SandyToes.

Only ten years later if you saw a Coach go into a job with virtually zero experience it would definitely raise eyebrows. Only one I can think of who could tick that box is Sam Mitchell, but even he's smart enough to say 'not for another few years'.

Hindsight is always a gotcha, but Bluey was extremely highly rated going into our inaugural year. Plus it was an era where Coaches were getting gigs without a lot of experience. See: Voss.

Not a lot of people thought that Bluey to Coach us was a bad move at the time IIRC. Though it did have some detractors, see SandyToes.

Only ten years later if you saw a Coach go into a job with virtually zero experience it would definitely raise eyebrows. Only one I can think of who could tick that box is Sam Mitchell, but even he's smart enough to say 'not for another few years'.

It was a lot for a new untried coach to take on to start up a brand new club with pretty much everyone learning on the job..

although one of the most experienced people beating their chest in helping set up the club slowly and quietly slithered out and away back to Adelaide and has never really copped any backlash

you almost cringe at every step and appointments of the initial set up and to think this was supposed to be a professional team starting up

What I did get wrong was predicting Ablett being captain would be the making of him and catapult him to a new level
I guess there's a reason a strong traditional club like Geelong told him it would never happen for him there

But look at 2013/2014 apart from injury and got smacked on turnovers a bit due to not heavy defence but was exciting play you could see something building..
Not at 2s level. Didn't win a single game in 2014. :(

1s were good though, so long as they stayed healthy. Hard to know how good they were though with GAJ being so good and Harley riding shotgun.

Not at 2s level. Didn't win a single game in 2014. :(

1s were good though, so long as they stayed healthy. Hard to know how good they were though with GAJ being so good and Harley riding shotgun.

Neafl team has been an issue pretty much since day 1
Even giants,swans,lions with injuries have managed to still be competitive in the neafl whereas the suns load up with 17 year olds.. josh Fraser was never a good coach either tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully kills it on the weekend and gets melbourne the win

Who’s watching BB?

I am actually warming to Gorringe
Don't fall into his self deprecating trap

Remember all the off-seasons that he looked like Thor and was going to set the world on fire and then ended up playing like Loki and only just set the club on fire.

Stoked for Harley. Hope he smashes it. Will watch with interest.
Absolutely! A-Grade redemption story playing out before our eyes, Nothing but the best wishes for Wheels.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back