Bjay

All Australian
Jan 28, 2000
Proud Lions fan in Brissy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
We've been in section 78, upper tier, 2nd row, since the stand was built - great possie and have lots of friends around us now - we've known (just about) everybody in that area for many years. (... but it's dry so we have lots of ppl going in and out for their tipple - can get a bit annoying.)

Pretty sure I have read some posts from Collingwood supporters that type with one hand on the keyboard and the other doing something else.......

Also pretty sure that has nothing to do with holding children though:D

Depends how loosely you define "children"... :rolleyes:

Kickass

Club Legend
May 9, 2006
somewhere over a rainbow
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Panthers
Thanks guys. Very useful info in this thread.

I am visiting the Gabba for my first game this year. Mrs knaf and I are coming up with some Carlton friends for the long weekend game.

Can anyone suggest a place to stay around the Gabba? We are looking for a two bedroom apartment. Say 2ks from the Gabba.

Knaf, the Gabba is close to the Brisbane CBD and Southbank, you can search Wot If for a hotel that meets your needs and wants. I found this site too: http://www.needitnow.com.au/Southbank_Brisbane_accommodation.html.

Also, purchase your tickets in advance through Ticketek and print them out. With a pre purchased ticket you get free public transport to and from the game - so it doesn't really matter where you stay. If your staying at Southbank get a Woolloongabba bus from the Southbank or Cultural Centre bus stations, if you are staying in the city then get a bus from the Queen St Mall Busway (in the Myer Centre) from A1 (100 or 110 bus route) or A3 (200 bus route). See the Translink website at http://www.transinfo.qld.gov.au/ for more information.

Knaf,

I went up from melbourne for a few games in 08 and will be back for a few more in 09.

I found the Point Hotel @ Kangaroo pt to be just fine place to abode. Its reasonably priced and well facilitated and is only 10-15 min (1 or two stubby) walk from the Gabba.

But don't be fooled the alledged heated swimming Pool is ****ing cold, even for Melbourne standards:eek:.

Cheers

BTW - Let your suck Carlton supporter friends stay in one of the divier places whereby if they do go missing (underbelly style) no one will care. :D

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
been in 64 for 3 years and love it. nice along the wing, top tier so you can see all the ground well, have vision of both screens if needed, and very quick to get in and out of seats as well as gate, with buses just outside and toliets and food outlets right near by as well
Pre-ordering Collingwood game. It is saying Level 400 mobile ticket transfer.

Is this ‘best in best dressed’, so if I turn up early I can probably get a seat in Sections 422-426? Or do I need to also reserve a seat?

Last edited:
Pre-ordering Collingwood game. It is saying Level 400 mobile ticket transfer.

Is this ‘best in best dressed’, so if I turn up early I can probably get a seat in Sections 422-426? Or do I need to also reserve a seat?
Sections 422-426 are reserved ticketing only.
There are General admission sections but they are down the bottom behind the goal posts out to roughly the 50m arcs.
The away team is generally at the Eastern end of the ground for general admission.

Mick F

Mighty Snr
Dec 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sections 422-426 are reserved ticketing only.
There are General admission sections but they are down the bottom behind the goal posts out to roughly the 50m arcs.
The away team is generally at the Eastern end of the ground for general admission.
Reserved ticketing for members?

Back