Which AFL team is most similar to your own AFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

For Richmond, it’s Collingwood hands down even though that team can be such a pain to deal with sometimes. For some reason, I find that both Richmond and Collingwood have some similarities to Port Adelaide too.

Essendon and Carlton are also rivals that are more similar to each other than their supporters may care to admit.

From the interstate sides, West Coast and Adelaide are similar teams and I have noticed this for a while. They aren’t rivals though. They seem to have more of an amicable relationship for two sporting clubs than a spiteful one evident by the whole Phil Walsh situation.

I don’t know if the other clubs have a team that is very similar to them. Perhaps Brisbane and Sydney?

Buggered if I know ... perhaps Melbourne? Similar sized supporter base, both aren't originally clubs from working-class suburbs. Also, haven't won a flag in more than 50 years.

Yeah if Richmond magically ceased to exist and we were all forced to become Collingwood supporters I don't think any of us would notice the slightest difference. In our general attitude and behaviour, in how we perceive our club and supporter base relative to the rest of the competition, we'd carry on exactly the same. We'd just be Richmond people following the Magpies. And that's the reason why unlike Carlton for example, I can't actually 'hate' Collingwood or Collingwood supporters. For me at least hating Collingwood would be too much like hating myself.
Jesus. Wash your mouth out!
Collingwood fans are so arrogant, and one eyed to the point where it's ridiculous. They are a breed apart.
The only thing we have in common is our passion for our club.
If the Tigers were to fold, Collingwood would be the very last club I would support.

Collingwood fans are so arrogant, and one eyed to the point where it's ridiculous. They are a breed apart.
If the Tigers were to fold, Collingwood would be the very last club I would support.

Absolutely. But that is largely because of the similarities. We diverged in the 1980s when the Tigers imploded. Now we're back and so are the Pies.

They are our evil twins, with a worse jumper and song. ;)

If the tigers went under I would just become a casual fan, with no strong team. Maybe the Giants because I live in Canberra, but it'd be different to what I am now.

Um? Arrogant and one eyed...nope, we've never been called that before????
And I didn't say Richmond fold, I said magically ceased to exist.
That's right, we all suddenly wake up one morning supporting Collingwood but in exactly the same manner that we did for Richmond.
Seriously would anyone be able to pick us apart?

I think we are a mini Collingwood, we don’t have the large supporter base obviously, but working class, 8 prelims with only one making it to a premiership. The supporters rally when the club is down.

Football wise: probably Geelong
Demographic/supporter profile wise: Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back