Which Coaches wont be around in 2010??

Remove this Banner Ad

First thing is i didnt say he would be sacked.and i did not bring the topic up.
someone else on this forum posted he would not be around next year and i replyed
it would not suprise me as he comes across as very inmature.
As for me applying for the coaching role at a club like yours
I would say in punting terms NOT a hope in hell name your odds that will never happen

my other point is he doesnt have the support of all the players as i speak to a few of your boys.
someone like me??? what do you mean by that???
I write on this forum as does your coach so whats the difference???
I think you are clearly a goose and if you and your coach are examples
of leadership down at Dandy god help your future
Thats my opinion thats all i ever have on here i never say its fact unless i know for
sure
And maybe you should ask your coach why he is sniffing around Canterbury
Dont worry i know he wont get the job down there as they dont rate him
As for not wanting someone like me down at your club i would have thought it goes something like beggers cant be ........
Firstly thanks for the posts of support guys but this forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as what people regard as facts on here are far from that. As for Canterbury haven't had contact with anyone at the club after my two good mates Andrew Baker and Sean Kelly went Over seas so you might want to check those rumours. As for judging my charecter or leadership around the club this is an open forum feel free, but i don't believe outsiders who base there opinions on what they read on here and in small cirlcle conversations should be given much consideration.

Firstly thanks for the posts of support guys but this forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as what people regard as facts on here are far from that. As for Canterbury haven't had contact with anyone at the club after my two good mates Andrew Baker and Sean Kelly went Over seas so you might want to check those rumours. As for judging my charecter or leadership around the club this is an open forum feel free, but i don't believe outsiders who base there opinions on what they read on here and in small cirlcle conversations should be given much consideration.

Well said everyone should take this forum for what it is .
just people with sometimes misguided opinions.
I respect the job you are doing at Dandy
But as you can see on past posts i clearly was responding to someone elses post.
I dont think its romour that you have been sniffing around Canterbury as i have friends down there.
But good luck to you in the future it takes a man to get his hands dirty
Not like some Coaches in this league getting a free ride.
I do like you its just that you take the bait .:thumbsu:

Well said everyone should take this forum for what it is .
just people with sometimes misguided opinions.
I respect the job you are doing at Dandy
But as you can see on past posts i clearly was responding to someone elses post.
I dont think its romour that you have been sniffing around Canterbury as i have friends down there.
But good luck to you in the future it takes a man to get his hands dirty
Not like some Coaches in this league getting a free ride.
I do like you its just that you take the bait .:thumbsu:
I am a fishermans son so i do get baited easily!!! But i solemnly swear no contact with Canterbury I am hoping to try and build this club back up to where a city with only one team in it should be and thats going to be a long term process.

I am a fishermans son so i do get baited easily!!! But i solemnly swear no contact with Canterbury I am hoping to try and build this club back up to where a city with only one team in it should be and thats going to be a long term process.

Keep up the good work i am sure you are on the right path:thumbsu:

Yes Chelt would be the only club that has had injuries:thumbsdown:

Every club has injuries Koach, its just that we have had a lot more and they have been to key players not just also rans. This year is no different…must be something in the water at the club! J

Below is a list of games missed by a few ‘best 21’ players….

Ant Symes - 15
Ewen McKenzie - 15
Paul Orton - 15
Dominic Lentini - 12
Corey Weekes - 11
Grant Toms - 11
Adam Martin - 9
Martin McGauran - 6
Stephen Ott - 4

Plus about 4 more that have missed 3 games (and will add to that number on Saturday).

We only have 3 players that have played all 15 games. Compare that with the other finalists in Chelsea Heights (8), St Pauls (5), Mordialloc (5) and St Kilda City (6).

Even Dingley (7), Clayton (5), East Brighton (4), Springy Districts (4) have more players to have played every game than us whilst only Tooronga Malvern (3) have been as hard hit by injury.

As you see in the AFL each year, teams with the least injuries are the ones who have success come years end. Look at the Swans in 05 and 06, Geelong in 07 and Hawthorn in 08…..all had little to no injuries and were able to field mostly an unchanged side for the majority of the year.

The same applies in local footy. Its very hard to compete at a high level when you have far from your best side on the field. It becomes increasingly frustrating when outsiders, who have no clue whatsoever as to what is going, sit back and fire shots like you are doing. If you are going to do this, make sure you do your homework and find out the reasons.

To still be 4th (only 1 game behind the reigning premiers) and still be a chance at getting the double chance is a fair effort IMO and a good reflection on the coach and the coaching staff.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m just stating the facts Koach!

Not sure Sparky, its nothing to do with me so I will stay out of it. He is doing a good job, always has done. He has been let down by injuries over the past few years and IF we had the same luck with them as other clubs have had, we would have a flag by now (2006 was the main one)....as you would know its not easy to win finals with your best three players on the sidelines as has happened each of the last three years.
There is a 0% chance that he would coach anyone else in the SFL.

Gday guys been reading all these lovely opinons for quite some time but couldnt let this one slide !!! If it wasnt for injuries In 2006 you should of won the flag ?? That is probably one of the most ridiculous comments i have heard on this forum and that is saying something , If im not mistaken Clayton won that year against St Pauls , I have many friends at both clubs and they both had their fare share of injuries as well , including Claytons captain Matty Crofts , I Believe St Pauls smashed Clayton to make the Granny then Clayton came back from a half time deficit to beat the now reigning Eastern Div 1 premiers Balwyn and then were able to turn the tide on St Pauls in the Granny
I reckon if you asked any of those players from those 3 sides I really believe that Chelt were never a concern apart from taking someone elses spot in the 4 !!
I like Chelt and have some mates there but couldnt let that one go sorry guys you can continue

Time for another history lesson.

We beat Balwyn twice that year, both home and away. In Round 17 we beat St Pauls by 15 goals at their ground. In Round 18 we beat Clayton by 14 goals. Both sides fielded full strength teams against us.
In the week leading up to our first final against Balwyn we lost three key players to injury and lost 2 other key players to Sandy VFL finals even though they hadn't played there much that year (Sandy had a few injuries thus they were called up).
We lost to Balwyn by 4-5 goals but hit the front in the final term (kicking into the wind) and would have gone further in front if not for one of the most astonishing 'run too far' decisions in recent memory cost us a goal and gave them one.

That Balwyn team was shadow of its former self and would lose to the current Balwyn team by 30 goals.

Time for another History lesson !!!
Clayton rested prob 6 players that game and the history lesson you need is that they won the Flag in 2006 !! and if you took a poll out from every Div 1 club I reckon the majority would say that Chelt have never been a threat come finals time or even a thought to win a premiership !!
Its not about home and away
Again this is not a go at Chelt just your stupid post that shouldnt have even come up 3 years down the track whinging about injuries as EVERYONE has them including all those side you mentioned , and if it was just injuries why didnt you win it the year after and the year after that or this year , st pauls , clayton , stkilda city and the heights have all had massive injuries in the last 3 years also but they arent posting 3 years down the track and all of them except the heights (which they might do this year) have won what ???????? A flag !!
Thanks for listening guys and thanks for that history lesson it was delightful :)

Clayton rested prob 6 players that game and the history lesson you need is that they won the Flag in 2006 !! and if you took a poll out from every Div 1 club I reckon the majority would say that Chelt have never been a threat come finals time or even a thought to win a premiership !!
Again this is not a go at Chelt just your stupid post that shouldnt have even come up 3 years down the track whinging about injuries as EVERYONE has them including all those side you mentioned , and if it was just injuries why didnt you win it the year after and the year after that or this year , st pauls , clayton , stkilda city and the heights have all had massive injuries in the last 3 years also but they arent posting 3 years down the track and all of them except the heights (which they might do this year) have won what ???????? A flag !!
Thanks for listening guys and thanks for that history lesson it was delightful :)

Cheltenham are just a bunch of pea hearts trying make themselves believe they are more than just an average team.

Complaining about injuries, and saying if we had the luck other teams had.

You are an idiot sfreak. all teams have injuries, but the teams with heart, seem to be the teams that win finals, and you don't hear about their injuries because they don't complain like you sooks, they just get on with the job at hand.

Cheltenham will never win an SFL premiership. I guarantee that.

From saying that you had mates at Clayton, and by your next response, I take it you are/were a Clays player. GG intimated after that game that you were only missing 1 or 2. Not 6. Either way it was three years ago so time to move on. Congrats on winning that flag, you certainly had a good side.
Great club Clayton, one that I hold in the highest respect, but what has happened this year is sad. The SFL and Div 1 in particular are much stronger and healthy when Clayton are strong ....hopefully you can repeat the dose in Div 2 next year.

Now, as you asked I will fill you in on the following years. Again we had injuries in 2007 when we lost to Clayton in the 1st SF. I think we lost 5 of our best 10 in the last three H/A games. On the day though, we played poorly, yet only got beaten by a goal on the siren.

Last year again, beat Clayton in the first final but lost the best player in the comp with a broken leg. Also finished that game without a bench. We got closer to St Pauls in the Prelim than City did in the GF. I know saying that one player being worth 5+ goals is alot but last year he was.

If you had of read my previous post you would have realised that I have listed the stats for this year. If you want i can go through other clubs games lists to strengthen my point further.

As much as it sounds like I am sooking, I am not, I was just illustrating to both Brightspark and Koach that there are some extremely valid reasons why we haven't been able to win a flag over the past few years. B/S asked about the coach and i was defending him with facts and stats.

This thread is about coaches and when ours was brought up, I felt the need to put the facts on the table as others from outside the club wouldnt be aware of what has happened both in the past and present.

I appreciate you comments. Its good to have a bit of solid footy chat on here rather than the usual suspects hanging s**t on Citys recruiting or like the clown below highlighting misnomers!

Cheltenham are just a bunch of pea hearts trying make themselves believe they are more than just an average team.

Complaining about injuries, and saying if we had the luck other teams had.

You are an idiot sfreak. all teams have injuries, but the teams with heart, seem to be the teams that win finals, and you don't hear about their injuries because they don't complain like you sooks, they just get on with the job at hand.

Cheltenham will never win an SFL premiership. I guarantee that.

Wippet, in future please obsolve from any conversation involving winning Div 1 finals, you have nothing constructive to add as you have NEVER been there.

Wippet, in future please obsolve from any conversation involving winning Div 1 finals, you have nothing constructive to add as you have NEVER been there.[/quote]

hahahahahahahaha, PEA HEART!!!!

Yes i was a part of the mighty Clays but i am not now , and was it was and is still a great club but its just unfortunate that the boys have moved on but it was for all the right reasons and we will always love the club and our time there ! and can guarantee it wont be long till my mate serz brings them back
I know what your saying about injuries their is nothing worst but just had to comment on the 06 post as we gave everything we had to win that flag and we sure we made the most of it when we did !!!
Good to have some normal chat and good luck to the rosellas for the rest of the year , look forward to the finals :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes i was a part of the mighty Clays but i am not now , and was it was and is still a great club but its just unfortunate that the boys have moved on but it was for all the right reasons and we will always love the club and our time there ! and can guarantee it wont be long till my mate serz brings them back
I know what your saying about injuries their is nothing worst but just had to comment on the 06 post as we gave everything we had to win that flag and we sure we made the most of it when we did !!!
Good to have some normal chat and good luck to the rosellas for the rest of the year , look forward to the finals :thumbsu:

I dont think Serz is the man to get Clayton back he has lost 3 games this year he should have won.
He was a good player but yet to show he has what it takes as a coach.
If Clayton play the fav son line they would not be doing justice to their club.
Advertise the role and see what is on offer,

hahahaha, it sure is. Cheltenham are the laughing stock of the league, you get bagged left right and centre by everyone about being soft, heartless, gutless, whatever it is you want to call it, and only you deny it.
Just admit, you don't have any hard players, your culture is to pull out of contests and try and win from out in the hotdog stands. As soon as you admit that, the sooner everyone will get off your case.

Dingley will win a premiership before you ladies, and I'm prepared to lay plenty of money that PEA HEART.

hahahaha, it sure is. Cheltenham are the laughing stock of the league, you get bagged left right and centre by everyone about being soft, heartless, gutless, whatever it is you want to call it, and only you deny it.
Just admit, you don't have any hard players, your culture is to pull out of contests and try and win from out in the hotdog stands. As soon as you admit that, the sooner everyone will get off your case.

Dingley will win a premiership before you ladies, and I'm prepared to lay plenty of money that PEA HEART.

Relax fellas the facts are both your teams are not up to scratch.
in 2009

The Clubs that need to reveiw their Coaches for 2009

Lyndale
East Brighton /Cheltnaham / Ashwood /Mount Waverley
T/Malvern Clayton / Dingley /Sprigvale /Highett
Sandown Caulfield/ Sandown
Black Rock / St pauls
All these clubs need to reveiw to see if they need to change things around to see who will lead them 2010

I dont think Serz is the man to get Clayton back he has lost 3 games this year he should have won.
He was a good player but yet to show he has what it takes as a coach.
If Clayton play the fav son line they would not be doing justice to their club.
Advertise the role and see what is on offer,
I agree with the last part, they should at least advertise and have a look around.:D

The Clubs that need to reveiw their Coaches for 2009

Lyndale
East Brighton /Cheltnaham / Ashwood /Mount Waverley
T/Malvern Clayton / Dingley /Sprigvale /Highett
Sandown Caulfield/ Sandown
Black Rock / St pauls
All these clubs need to reveiw to see if they need to change things around to see who will lead them 2010

Any reason apart from our position on the ladder that you base the Lyndale opinion on Koach?

Any reason apart from our position on the ladder that you base the Lyndale opinion on Koach?

Well thats part of the reason but i think every sides i named have either not improved or in my veiw havent reached their potential
If you see i havent named the Kangaroos and Dandy as they are building off field so they get off the hook for this year.

Interested to know which one you believe we have failed to reach? Improvement or Potential

If you are asking about Lyndale i would have thought losing to the Kangaroos might have sealed your Coaches fate.
How did that happen???
Last year Lyndale had some close results even knocking off Caulfield
they seemed to have gone backwards this year.
So a reveiw is in order.

If you are asking about Lyndale i would have thought losing to the Kangaroos might have sealed your Coaches fate.
How did that happen???
Last year Lyndale had some close results even knocking off Caulfield
they seemed to have gone backwards this year.
So a reveiw is in order.

Ok Koach who is the best coach in the SFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back