Which giants will be blues in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously.this thread is silly. Yes we've traded to our mutual benefit in the past. This year for the first time oir list size and cap are normalised. There isn't the need for trading in the numbers we've had to previously. It will come down to who is off contrsct amd wants to go, like Marchbank and somewhat how many from tje academy we want to draft.

This is correct as it wasn't a one way show at all.
Helped GWS to relieve Cap space, when it didn't matter to Carlton.

The net result will be a win/win for both clubs, but things have now changed.
GWS are going to be all out of 'favours'.......whether it be a #60 odd for Ahern.....next to nothing for Stewart....or a lazy second rounder for Steele.
There may be a good moment for opposition clubs here or there but no more bargain basement gets.

If Hopper did find his way to the CFC, it won't be for a nudge and a wink. A high first rounder it will be.

Still get way bigger crowds maybe that's a reason why players are leaving?!
Lol Most if not All stars are staying so have no idea where you are going with that.

As for crowds. 150 year head start based in the heartland. Would be hilarious if you couldnt get bigger crowds than a 6 year old club on the frontier. Lol

And yes im treating this thread with the contempt and amusement it deserves.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GWS are going to be all out of 'favours'.......whether it be a #60 odd for Ahern.....next to nothing for Stewart....or a lazy second rounder for Steele.
There may be a good moment for opposition clubs here or there but no more bargain basement gets.

If Hopper did find his way to the CFC, it won't be for a nudge and a wink. A high first rounder it will be.
Logic has no place here in this Bay 13 reject of a thread.

You must demand Hopper for a pair of shoelaces and a half consumed bottle of Watermelon Gatorade to keep in with the tone of it all.

I think we'll fight for Hopper, but it's ultimately his choice. Anither iff season ans some serious strength conditioning for him to really bloom I think. A finger injury is just bad luck but his back troubles might need some work. I think the heart thing was a case of being fortunate a congenital problem was picked up under the health scrutiny AFL players are under.
Convince him to come and we trade.

Theres no doubt hoppers worth a top 10 pick and I think you guys will get it for him or Kelly or both if they choose to leave.

If we get a 1st rounder for Gibbs well more than likely send that GWS's way with a later pick for Hopper.

Hasn't had a huge run at it, but has talent.

Still get way bigger crowds maybe that's a reason why players are leaving?!

spot on , this will be a huge issue

Giants may have the best list in the comp but as each player comes out contract they will question playing for a club that has little supporter base

J.Cameron is already the highest paid player in the comp (little known fact) but a lot of it is "marketing" & that is what is needed to keep them

salary cap cheating is allowed if it AFL sponsored !!

spot on , this will be a huge issue

Giants may have the best list in the comp but as each player comes out contract they will question playing for a club that has little supporter base

J.Cameron is already the highest paid player in the comp (little known fact) but a lot of it is "marketing" & that is what is needed to keep them

salary cap cheating is allowed if it AFL sponsored !!
Lol proof?

Any facts or just garbage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol proof?

Any facts or just garbage?

ask the question , what is J.Cameron being paid by the AFL & what is under the salary cap and what is marketing ??

can understand why they are doing it , he is the one the Giants can least afford to lose

ask the question , what is J.Cameron being paid by the AFL & what is under the salary cap and what is marketing ??

can understand why they are doing it , he is the one the Giants can least afford to lose
Tell me where your proof his that he is the highest paid player in the AFL and that we are rorting the cap.

Otherwise its the usual clap trap.

Got proof or is it just the vibe of it?
Well he is about as factual as him.
bdae5727daa4cf404656c6acbb99164f.gif

Every club has the same value of marketing allowance outside of the cap. It is not an AFL thing its a thing every club has.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-08/your-guide-to-the-new-cba

Under the current CBA, each club must pay at least 95 per cent of the total player payments (TPP) – otherwise known as the 'salary cap' – which sits at $10,368,980 per club for 2016. Players can also share $1,022,000 per club under the Additional Services Agreement (ASA) for things such as appearances at corporate sponsor functions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back