which rookie to elevate?

Remove this Banner Ad

hardball01

Debutant
May 4, 2008
moonee ponds
AFL Club
Richmond
with kelvin being put onto the long term injury list with that hip injury of his, out of the rookies we have listed, which one would you like to see elevated?

we have seen robbie hicks, o'rielly, hislop play, which leaves the likes of Contin, Jakobi, and nick westhoff

thoughts?

I don't see the point of elevating any of them right now, none of those guys would get a game. Perhaps Contin as he's playing quite well for Coburg, but I couldn't see him breaking into the side at the minute.

Hislop. Need to see if he can make the cut at the highest level before the end of the year. Play him once he has strung 4-5 good games together at coburg.

Then make the decision to keep him or not. Reckon there might be a few rookies delisted end of year.

I would love to see Jakobi brought in, I really do like the kid.

If not him, then Contin

Hislop. Need to see if he can make the cut at the highest level before the end of the year. Play him once he has strung 4-5 good games together at coburg.

Then make the decision to keep him or not. Reckon there might be a few rookies delisted end of year.

It's already known hislop is not worth a piece of poo! Pat contain all the way

Isn't there some rule where all clubs get to upgrade one rookie to the primary list after round 11?
So (if we wanted to) we could upgrade Hislop now and Contin/Jakobi in a 3 weeks time...

None. O'Rielly later.

Like someone said earlier, I can defiantly see our Rookie List looking pretty different next year which is a shame considering the success we have had with rookies in the past

If I had to choose now, it would be Hislop.
Westhoff was well held in Coburg Reserves on the weekend - not ready.
Jakobi just came back from a serious injury - not ready.
Contin has not shown enough this year to warrant it - not ready.
Hicks is too small and we already have King and Nahas in the forward line.
O'Reilly hasn't improved enough...

Hislop has started to come on in the last 2 games and was amongst the bests last week. Also, we need to make a decision on him at the end of the year, so i could see him getting 3-4 games to help/hinder the decision by the list management team.

Hislop. It also gives him a shot of confidence knowing they still rate him. Im hanging to see him come into the team to see what kind of (if any) magic Dimma has weaved on him like he has on others.

It would want to be a pretty good wand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let them scrap for it over the next month.

Was pretty much what Dimma intimated would happen today.

I don't know exactly how people can judge Hislop when he has played about 10-15 games for us, and none of those in the last 12 months or so?

I know he never set the world on fire, but it's not like he has spud like deficiencies ala a Karmichael Hunt or something. Has also had more than his fair share of injuries. If he gets a go, here's hoping he's a bit more mature these days, and can eventually live up to some of the hype that had him as a very highly rated junior. If he gets a go, and shows nothing, then we delist him, nothing lost. Martin Pike anyone? ;)

if hislop continues his good form for a cup more weeks it will b him they wont rookie him next year so they hav to give him his chance or their was no point havn rookie listed him
this year.

Hislop if he continues is current VFL form.

Tho i can't see how we can afford to have Hislop and Miller both in the forward line, even tho they are different builds. Both have questionable ball use skills. (and both are players that just seem to be able to find the ball)
Hislop could be a bit of a Tuck replacement, in and under strength, in the midfield. But i'd think we'd prefer a bit more class, even from and in and under player.

It'll be interesting.

Was pretty much what Dimma intimated would happen today.

I don't know exactly how people can judge Hislop when he has played about 10-15 games for us, and none of those in the last 12 months or so?

I know he never set the world on fire, but it's not like he has spud like deficiencies ala a Karmichael Hunt or something. Has also had more than his fair share of injuries. If he gets a go, here's hoping he's a bit more mature these days, and can eventually live up to some of the hype that had him as a very highly rated junior. If he gets a go, and shows nothing, then we delist him, nothing lost. Martin Pike anyone? ;)

Martin Pike / Tom Hislop probably not the best anallergy but who knows what the future holds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back