Which side is closer to a premiership - Carlton or Essendon?

Which club is closer to a flag - Carlton or Essendon?

• Carlton

Votes: 153 47.8%
  • Essendon

Votes: 75 23.4%
  • Neither in next 10 ywars

Votes: 92 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How about now?
Carlton are meant to be in a premiership window while Essendon are meant to be a middle of the road side, yet Essendon are higher on the ladder.

Having said that, Essendon would want to improve their precentage - although they get to play North next week which will be their best chance of a percentage boosting game.

Got the draw so percentage is out of the equation for everyone who isn't Collingwood atm.

How about now?
Carlton are meant to be in a premiership window while Essendon are meant to be a middle of the road side, yet Essendon are higher on the ladder.

Having said that, Essendon would want to improve their precentage - although they get to play North next week which will be their best chance of a percentage boosting game.
I mean, they need to prove they can win a final first.

How about now?

Let's not knee jerk any reactions.
Pies finished top 4 in 2022 with a low percentage of 104.3%.
Bombers aren't anywhere near what the Pies were in 2022.

Obviously this won't be their percentage at the end of the year and anything can happen between now and then.
GWS are a good scalp, but their other wins have been bottom sides in Hawks and Eagles, then inconsistent sides like Dogs, Saints and Crows and a draw.
They got thumped by Port and Swans.
Jury is still out.

It's kinda awkward for Blues fans. Don't want to give Essendon credit for beating Giants but discount Giants and all they're left with for their "premiership contending team" is a couple of umpire influenced falls over the line against Melbourne and Fremantle.

sweating key and peele GIF

It's kinda awkward for Blues fans. Don't want to give Essendon credit for beating Giants but discount Giants and all they're left with for their "premiership contending team" is a couple of umpire influenced falls over the line against Melbourne and Fremantle.

Even weirder that you and I will be supporting the same team in a few years...

People were calling Carlton the real deal after beating the Giants at Docklands.
Essendon beat the Giants at Docklands and they get discredited for it.

The race for 17 is well and truly on. Pies in the hunt too. To be honest we have some big holes to fill but the foundation is building and if we add a few players who can fill a need we will be right in the mix. We need a Charlie Cameron type, and a Curnow type. Maybe two so far-unseen players can fill those needs but they aren’t immediate fixes - Caddy and Jayden Davey.

We have Ridley, Duursma, Draper, Shiel, Setterfield, Tsatas, and Shiel who can all add something when called upon. Ridley, in particular, is going to add a lot to our bona fides.

Essendon.

Carlton heavily reliant on Curnow to make it through to a grand final.

Much more scope for improvement in the Bombers in the coming years.
Yes, it’s a real shame that we have two Coleman Medallists in the forward line. What awful fate will befall us next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think Essendon have a better list is all and thus, can see a premiership before I see one from Carlton. In fact, I reckon they'll beat you guys in a few weeks time at MCG. Lot of speed and now have a quality backman to take care of Charlie.
And who takes Mckay? Laverde? Cox? :tearsofjoy:

I didn't pass year 12 but I can read and the ladder says Essendon are third right now and Carlton 7th
Perhaps you should’ve finished year 12, as a closer look will reveal that we’re on the same amount of wins and that Carlton have a better percentage.

I just think Essendon have a better list is all and thus, can see a premiership before I see one from Carlton. In fact, I reckon they'll beat you guys in a few weeks time at MCG. Lot of speed and now have a quality backman to take care of Charlie.
Are the Cats too reliant on Jez Cameron up forward now that Hawkins can't buy a kick?

Back