• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

dooda

Team Captain
Jan 14, 2007
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which version of Smooth Criminal is better? I like both versions but i tend to lean to Alien Ant Farm's because of reasons unknown.

MJ ^10

i tend to be of the fact that released cover versions of sings are crap. No thought process involved and a quick way to make money.

PLaying them in concerts is different.
Releasing them is crap

that is all

i tend to be of the fact that released cover versions of sings are crap. No thought process involved and a quick way to make money.

PLaying them in concerts is different.
Releasing them is crap

that is all
bit rich isnt it? what about the countless great covers? jeff buckley's version of hallelujah for one. there's about a bajillion other great ones as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^Agree with that:AAF, and I'm defintely one of those that believes in the adage that covers are a generally s**t concept. I just think AAF is one of a kind, they fluked it, in that it actually improved upon the original song, which itself as a classic.

I much preferred AAF's version, but I wouldn't give you five bucks for anything else they've done.

I bought that album (Anthology), and would often listen straight from start to finish. It was actually quite good.

As others have said, both songs are brilliant, but re-doing a song isn't quite the challenge of writing one from scratch.

What I find more impressive was that this song was the 5th (or maybe even 6th) song released of the album :eek:. No wonder it's the highest selling album of all time (or at least it was, don't know if it still is).

I bought that album (Anthology), and would often listen straight from start to finish. It was actually quite good.

As others have said, both songs are brilliant, but re-doing a song isn't quite the challenge of writing one from scratch.

What I find more impressive was that this song was the 5th (or maybe even 6th) song released of the album :eek:. No wonder it's the highest selling album of all time (or at least it was, don't know if it still is).
Often wrote Smooth Criminal was a hard rock song in the first place, it just happened to be released by a pop singer.

Back