Who do you want to coach Essendon in 2011?

Essendon Coach

• Alan Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gary O'Donnell

• Mark Williams

• James Hird

• Mark Williams 3yrs, James Hird 2014, Laidley asst

• Mark Williams, Laidley asst

• Chris Scott

• Brenton Sanderson

• Ken Hinkley

• Dean Laidley

• Me

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Your probably right but they are desperate to get hird involved in some capacity.

This is nothing against Hirdy - Who has done well to set himself up outside of footy.

gee some pretty strong rumours goin on today with this hird/thompson thing, would be massive if true with both seeminly being tied up.

still i'll beleive it when i see it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...declares-geelong/story-e6frf9jf-1225927545638

Article here about Bomber coming back.

While I think it would be unlikely that Bomber would come back this whole "Director" thing is interesting. From what I hear the director will be a game day coach while the actual coach helps out on game day and does a lot of the other stuff a regular coach would.

Cant imagine a restructure like that unless Hird was involved. Cant think of another logical explination for creating that position if Williams, Bomber or any of the others were getting the coaching job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was listening to Lloyd on SEN this morning on the wireless. He said he wont be involved officially with Ess in 2011. He will honour his tv and AIS contracts. However, he will be around a lot more this year and has talked about an official role in 2012.

Talked about working on body positioning with Gumby and Pears when with the club.

Was listening to Lloyd on SEN this morning on the wireless. He said he wont be involved officially with Ess in 2011. He will honour his tv and AIS contracts. However, he will be around a lot more this year and has talked about an official role in 2012.

Talked about working on body positioning with Gumby and Pears when with the club.
Hopefully work on goal kicking for a few of the boys too, particularly Gumby!
While we're on Lloyd... He stated at a luncheon he believes Hird will coach next year (although that's probably based on nothing more than what everyone else on BF/media is basing it on)

Hirdy would unite the faithful, hopefully they get williams in as a director and laidley for his tactical knowledge. Gary O'Donnell as senior assistant/right hand man. Bring in Wellman as defensive coach, Scott Burns for the midfield. I was hoping lloydy would come on board as the forward line coach but that appears unlikely so not sure who i want now, maybe Goodwin? I hope they get rid of Hickmott and maybe put richardson in charge of development, but im sure he would look at that as a demotion.

Thats a Dream team, give us that 17th premiership now.

Hopefully work on goal kicking for a few of the boys too, particularly Gumby!
While we're on Lloyd... He stated at a luncheon he believes Hird will coach next year (although that's probably based on nothing more than what everyone else on BF/media is basing it on)

Lloyd did talk about Hird this morn, albeit only briefly. He pretty much said that if Hird was to be involved in the club in anyway he would be excited about it and all for it. Seriously, with all the speculation about all the possible outcomes around Hird (if that is true), its ****ing killing me.

Hirdy would unite the faithful, hopefully they get williams in as a director and laidley for his tactical knowledge. Gary O'Donnell as senior assistant/right hand man. Bring in Wellman as defensive coach, Scott Burns for the midfield. I was hoping lloydy would come on board as the forward line coach but that appears unlikely so not sure who i want now, maybe Goodwin? I hope they get rid of Hickmott and maybe put richardson in charge of development, but im sure he would look at that as a demotion.

If you want the Dream Team, we lure Sumich into the forwards coaching spot.

So long as you're not expecting that 17th premiership next year... or even the following, then I'm with you!

Back