Off-topic Who is the most undeserving AFL Hall of Fame Legend?? Let the Bay decide!

Who is the most undeserving AFL Legend?

• D.Baldock

• K.Bartlett

• B.Cable

• J.Coleman

• R.Hart

• A.Jesaulenko

• T.Lockett

• B.Pratt

• B.Robran

• K.Sheedy

• T.Whitten

• G.Ablett or W.Carey if they're ever included

• L.Matthews

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robram

Soufstraylyan

Not even a proper place

Rejected big money offer from the Blooz to play for them in an inferior competition. More deserving than most.

Absolute legend who played the game for the right reasons.

Kevin Bartlett makes it easily have a look at all the Grand Finals he won for Richmond,a skillful ,fast athlete before his time. Lockett is one the 4 greatest players of all time along with Ablett snr, Carey and Mathews.He was an unstoppable force and had underated skills when the ball hit the ground. BOB PRATT is the odd man out in this lot.

Jeannie Pratt was the better player.

:drunk:

Well done for uploading that because you never know when those gems disappear forever. I'm still trying to figure out if it was a full frontal skit or something.
I thought it was a real *sniff* rip snorter.

I knew it had to be about Richmond,Hart,the greatest centre half forward and the magnificent KB who won finals for Richmond,grand finals.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal
Please kindly shut the * up smasha

Ahh I see Leighfall has now been included in the poll.

Sorry Duck, I gotta give my vote to him now, but you keep plugging away at your friend’s wives and I’m sure you’ll get into the HOF very soon. :):thumbsu:

Despite most being solid choices, a number of AFL Legends are at best controversial if not downright dubious inclusions. You be the judge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Football_Hall_of_Fame#Legends

Darrel Baldock - Only man to ever hold up a St.Kilda Premiership in a Collingwood jumper, spot earned for novelty value. TICK
Ron Barassi - Possibly the first chosen. TICK
Kevin Bartlett - No more deserving than Michael Tuck & potentially ineligible on character grounds as the most selfish player in football history. NOPE
Malcolm Blight
- Earned his spot with that legendary goal after the siren against Carlton alone. TICK
Handyn Bunton - 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion. TICK
Barry Cable - Huh? Played most of his career in Perth and won a pitiful one Norf B&F. Included purely to appease WA fans. NOPE
Roy Cazaly
- You can't NOT have the man described in Up There Cazaly included as a Legend. TICK
John Coleman - Didn't even play 100 VFL games & statistically inferior FF to Coventry & Hudson. Strong candidate for most overhyped player of all time. NOPE
Gordon Coventry
- First player to ever kick the ton & kicked nearly 1300 goals. Only won one B&F which is surprising. TICK
Jack Dyer - 300 gamer and 7x B&F winner, aiight. TICK
Graham Farmer - Changed the way the ruck position was played. TICK
Royce Hart - Inferior CHF to Dermott Brereton and probably a couple of others like Kernehan. Notice a recurring theme of charity Richmond inclusions? NOPE
Peter Hudson
- Statistically the greatest FF ever, kicked 1700+ goals in his VFL & state league career, only player to ever arrive on-field by helicopter. TICK
Bill Hutchison - Who? Oh fine he won 7x B&Fs so I'll grudgingly overlook his Essenscum association. TICK
Alex Jesaulenko - In his entire career won a lousy one B&F, zero Colemans & zero Brownlows. The "Big 4" charity inclusions continue. NOPE
Tony Lockett
- Kicked slightly more goals than Dunstall (only because JD did his knee) despite being an infinitely worse team player & human being. NOPE
Leigh Matthews
- Voted by the AFL as the Greatest Player of All Time. Suck it up haters. TICK
Jock McHale - Coached 8 Premierships, admittedly during the lolworthy "challenge system" years. TICK
Kevin Murray - Brownlow & 9x B&F. TICK
John Nicholls - One of the best rucks ever. TICK
Bob Pratt - Included purely I suspect because he holds the record for a 150 goal season jointly with Hudson, wasn't terribly outstanding otherwise. NOPE
Dick Reynolds
- 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion TICK
Barrie Robran - Played zero VFL games. Played ZERO VFL games. PLAYED ZERO VFL GAMES!! /Briiiian NOPE
Kevin Sheedy
- Too ******* smug & self-satisfied to be included, I don't give a s**t what he did. NOPE
Bob Skilton
Norm Smith - Second greatest coach of all time behind Clarko. (McHale was carried by the Coventry bros) TICK
Ian Stewart - 3x Brownlows = automatic inclusion TICK
Ted Whitten - Charity inclusion for a minnow club with little else to celebrate? Famous mostly as a media loudmouth & having a stiffy for State of Origin. NOPE

Before the usual cadre of needy Geelong posters inevitably mentions Ablett Snr - No neither he nor Carey have any business becoming an AFL Legend on character grounds.
Entertaining post A Cut Above. I like your reasoning (especially Sheedy). One miss, Barry Cable was a superstar & well deserves his spot. 27 out of 28 is still pretty good.

Despite most being solid choices, a number of AFL Legends are at best controversial if not downright dubious inclusions. You be the judge:

Darrel Baldock - Only man to ever hold up a St.Kilda Premiership in a Collingwood jumper, spot earned for novelty value. TICK
Kevin Bartlett - No more deserving than Michael Tuck & potentially ineligible on character grounds as the most selfish player in football history. NOPE
Malcolm Blight
- Earned his spot with that legendary goal after the siren against Carlton alone. TICK
Barry Cable - Huh? Played most of his career in Perth and won a pitiful one Norf B&F. Included purely to appease WA fans. NOPE
Roy Cazaly
- You can't NOT have the man described in Up There Cazaly included as a Legend. TICK
John Coleman - Didn't even play 100 VFL games & statistically inferior FF to Coventry & Hudson. Strong candidate for most overhyped player of all time. NOPE
Gordon Coventry
- First player to ever kick the ton & kicked nearly 1300 goals. Only won one B&F which is surprising. TICK
Royce Hart - Inferior CHF to Dermott Brereton and probably a couple of others like Kernehan. Notice a recurring theme of charity Richmond inclusions? NOPE
Peter Hudson
- Statistically the greatest FF ever, kicked 1700+ goals in his VFL & state league career, only player to ever arrive on-field by helicopter. TICK
Bill Hutchison - Who? Oh fine he won 7x B&Fs so I'll grudgingly overlook his Essenscum association. TICK
Alex Jesaulenko - In his entire career won a lousy one B&F, zero Colemans & zero Brownlows. The "Big 4" charity inclusions continue. NOPE
Tony Lockett
- Kicked slightly more goals than Dunstall (only because JD did his knee) despite being an infinitely worse team player & human being. NOPE
Leigh Matthews
Jock McHale - Coached 8 Premierships, admittedly during the lolworthy "challenge system" years. TICK
Bob Pratt - Included purely I suspect because he holds the record for a 150 goal season jointly with Hudson, wasn't terribly outstanding otherwise. NOPE
Dick Reynolds
Barrie Robran - Played zero VFL games. Played ZERO VFL games. PLAYED ZERO VFL GAMES!! /Briiiian NOPE
Kevin Sheedy
- Too ******* smug & self-satisfied to be included, I don't give a s**t what he did. NOPE
Bob Skilton
Norm Smith - Second greatest coach of all time behind Clarko. (McHale was carried by the Coventry bros) TICK
Ted Whitten - Charity inclusion for a minnow club with little else to celebrate? Famous mostly as a media loudmouth & having a stiffy for State of Origin. NOPE

Before the usual cadre of needy Geelong posters inevitably mentions Ablett Snr - No neither he nor Carey have any business becoming an AFL Legend on character grounds.

What did you do exactly? What a stupid post. Please tell me who you played for and how many Brownlows you won? Or B & F’s and for which club?

Or which cheer squad are you a member of? Lol. Love the opinions of people who were never good enough. Hilarious.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rejected big money offer from the Blooz to play for them in an inferior competition. More deserving than most.

Absolute legend who played the game for the right reasons.
Rejected big money from the Blooz? I guess he can stay then.

What did you do exactly? What a stupid post. Please tell me who you played for and how many Brownlows you won? Or B & F’s and for which club?

Or which cheer squad are you a member of? Lol. Love the opinions of people who were never good enough. Hilarious.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tell us about your career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robran was one of a string of sa players they held in such high regard but a. never proved themselves at the highest level or b. never had the guts to try. it wasn't until carlton stole most of their gooduns in the late 80s that the flood gates opened. before that there was blight and only a handful of others.

nailey
bradley
kerna
mots
platten (always wanted to play for us)

cheers

DangerFlog of course.

Did you not see him strutting around the other night like a dog with two dicks?
I bet you kept 1 eye on each of them. :$

Are you hinting Lethal was included purely for this brilliant bit of biffery?

ColossalAgonizingEeve-small.gif

That was quick thinking by Lethal to spot the dirty sniper sneaking up on him, neat side step and protected himself with his forearm, nicely done. When Squealer Bruns was on the ground he kicked Lethal and tripped him over the dirty little campaigner.

Malcolm Blight
Roy Cazaly
Gordon Coventry
Peter Hudson
Tony Lockett
Leigh Matthews
Dick Reynolds
Kevin Sheedy
Bob Skilton

You’ve just proven how small your mind is...
You suggest Cazaly should be included because he has a song about him (I don’t oersonally care whether he is or not), yet you suggest Jezza shouldn’t be and he achieved way more than Cazaly - seriously 🤪

Kevin Bartlett makes it easily have a look at all the Grand Finals he won for Richmond,a skillful ,fast athlete before his time. Lockett is one the 4 greatest players of all time along with Ablett snr, Carey and Mathews.He was an unstoppable force and had underated skills when the ball hit the ground. BOB PRATT is the odd man out in this lot.

Richmond bnf in all premiership years snm

robran was one of a string of sa players they held in such high regard but a. never proved themselves at the highest level or b. never had the guts to try. it wasn't until carlton stole most of their gooduns in the late 80s that the flood gates opened. before that there was blight and only a handful of others.

nailey
bradley
kerna
mots
platten (always wanted to play for us)

cheers

Robran was offered megabucks (rumoured to $100,000 in 1972!) but wasn't interested. Played the game for the right reasons. Love of the game and the club he supported as a kid.

Tell us about your career.
Never had one however neither did you I am assuming?

I am a Carlton woman through and through and to suggest Jezza should not be there is astounding to me. You must be young. You must have never seen the wizardry of this champion.

The only man to kick over 100 goals in a season at Carlton. Mark of the Century. Last Captain/coach to win a premiership. Every single player from the “olden days” praise him as a champion. They have all stated “if we couldn’t stop Him, Carlton would win”. Jesaulenko is Carlton. The name is Carlton.

Every single Carlton player I have met from that era say he was incredible, he was hard on them all, extremely hard (read Wayne Harmes’ quotes Online) but he was a club man and not interested in the accolades which is quite prevalent now as he doesn’t attend any functions. He said there are “100 Jesaulenko’s out there now, I am a has been”. The only man I have seen be tagged when he was a backman, they put two on him when he was playing as a backman and he always played in front of them both.

Watch him. Amazing footballer. And he started playing the game at 14 or 15 I think? Incredible talent and I am blessed to have been able to watch him in action.

Back