Who will Brisbane take with the No 1 draft pick in 2007?

Remove this Banner Ad

Benno From Berwick

Cancelled
Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2007 Player Sponsor Western Bulldogs - Ryan Hargrave 2006 Player Sponsor
Jul 27, 2005
Obvious.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Panthers-CV
Fair to say they will finish on the bottom.

Who will be the number pick in the national draft this time next year?

What will Geelong to give up for J.Brown who will want to get back to Western Victoria.

I think a lot of peoople will be surprised with the Lions next, I seriously doubt that they will get the spoon (Leave that to the Kangas and Blues).

If Jono Brown can stay fit, Bradshaw re-signing and young talent putting on muscle during the offseason, they could even give the top 8 a go for its money.

haha i reckon the Lions will suprise next year. Definately won't be spooners.

Can a lions supporter Bookmark this thread?

Jeffers1984 said:

My list of bookmarked threads is already quite lengthy;)

There is also one N Lappin to come back, already fit, J Brown for a full season, J Charman, C Johnston, Chris Scott , R Hadley is back getting fit. Add to that Mitch Clark and some really good youngsters that will be all the more mature. Plus some good draft picks, I think you all might be in for a big suprise. You take those quality of players out of any team they would struggle.

PS if Lappin's leg holds up he has probably less wear and tear on his body than all the other 30 year olds playing.

Benno From Berwick said:

What will Geelong to give up for J.Brown who will want to get back to Western Victoria.

I remember being at a game at the Gabba a few seasons ago and had the misfortune of sitting next to a particularly obnoxious opposition team supporter who was taking great glee in the win over the Lions, especially due to the talents of one of their team's best players . . .

I didn't say a word to this supporter as I knew the footy gods would intervene sooner or later . . .

I didn't have to wait long - the next week when the team travelled back home, their best player broke their leg and spent the next 12 months on the sidelines

Do you need me to point out the moral of the story? Or are you too blinded by the light of a player you couldn't stand only a few weeks ago?

The Lions may finish wooden spooners, and the Doggies may win the Premiership . . . just remember there are 16 teams in the AFL

Grimreepah said:
Gee the Bulldogs have been trolling the Lions a lot lately.
Brisbane are clearly rebuilding the list. You may well finish low down next year, but I personally find it distasteful that there has been Brisbane trolling done by our supporters. 3 very recent flags in the back pocket, thank you very much.

I can't say a bad thing about Brisbane for the pleasure they gave me in the 2002 and 2003 GF's ;)

Jeffers1984 said:

Done.

Anyway, if it comes true, everyone is saying we will need it to trade to St Kilda anyway.:D

Saw St Nick on the Gold Coast yesterday, he was looking very relaxed. He might just want to stay in the South East of Queensland:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sufjanfan said:
I remember being at a game at the Gabba a few seasons ago and had the misfortune of sitting next to a particularly obnoxious opposition team supporter who was taking great glee in the win over the Lions, especially due to the talents of one of their team's best players . . .

I didn't say a word to this supporter as I knew the footy gods would intervene sooner or later . . .

I didn't have to wait long - the next week when the team travelled back home, their best player broke their leg and spent the next 12 months on the sidelines

Do you need me to point out the moral of the story? Or are you too blinded by the light of a player you couldn't stand only a few weeks ago?

The Lions may finish wooden spooners, and the Doggies may win the Premiership . . . just remember there are 16 teams in the AFL

Jesus!

I am trolling.....in repsonse to the bitterness of the brisbane fans over acker.

Acker is a different bloke to most.....that is granted. but the attacks he has copped from Posters her on BF is plain stupid. These Lions who once kissed his butt like there was no tomorrow make me laugh at the crap they are throwing around now.

My guess is that you were not happy with him wimming the Brownlow, kicking freak goals and being part of the most successful era in your club's history.

So he had a fall out with the coach. Not the first player to fall out with matthews and will not be the last.

Lions fans, give Acker credit he is entitled to. Gee, not inviting him to the B&F. Why not? No one up there capable of buring the hachet?

Nearly as bad as Mrs Edwards and McLeod!

Sedat! said:
Brisbane are clearly rebuilding the list. You may well finish low down next year, but I personally find it distasteful that there has been Brisbane trolling done by our supporters. 3 very recent flags in the back pocket, thank you very much.

I can't say a bad thing about Brisbane for the pleasure they gave me in the 2002 and 2003 GF's ;)

I'm just baffled as to why some doggie fans seem to have issues with the lions.
And yeah your welcome for the '02/'03 gfs I'm sure many other teams owe us there! The pleasure we lions fans got from you guys bundling the woods out of the finals in style was equally pleasing!

Benno From Berwick said:
Jesus!

I am trolling.....in repsonse to the bitterness of the brisbane fans over acker.

Acker is a different bloke to most.....that is granted. but the attacks he has copped from Posters her on BF is plain stupid. These Lions who once kissed his butt like there was no tomorrow make me laugh at the crap they are throwing around now.

My guess is that you were not happy with him wimming the Brownlow, kicking freak goals and being part of the most successful era in your club's history.

So he had a fall out with the coach. Not the first player to fall out with matthews and will not be the last.

Lions fans, give Acker credit he is entitled to. Gee, not inviting him to the B&F. Why not? No one up there capable of buring the hachet?

When a favourite son turns on a club how do expect supporters to feel?

Benno From Berwick said:
Jesus!

Apparently you have the 2007 flag in the bag !

Naturally we're upset about Aka .. what's upsetting was his inability to pull his head in when the team was under the pump. The notion of hunkering down in adversity appears alien to him .. and that's really tough on the other players, esp. the younger ones. He reckons he got crucified when Mathews had him play back on Davis v Pies this year .. well, someone had to do it and he failed to deliver, whereas a first year player Jason Roe had to man up the tall forwards and did a great job. That's what supporters love .. a kid playing out of his skin on the big stage, inspiring others.

I'm sure Roos fans ground their teeth with Carey, Saints fans with Lockett.. we did it when Roos when to Swans, you guys probably remember Bernie Quinlan !

Now it up to you to defend Aka against the world .. it's been fun but challenging. And as you heap $%^# all over us, remember we saved Victoria from TWO Pie flag !!!

Benno From Berwick said:
Jesus!

is this thread u started about us winning the spoon or aker if thats the case add akers name on the thread and lions ans hating him dont jump from one topic to another

Benno From Berwick said:

Brown is the most loyal man to ever play the game, we could finish bottom 3 years running and he'd still be going.
luckily with him playing thats impossible anyway.

Benno From Berwick said:
Jesus!

OK Benno, let us establish some facts.

* Aka's non appearence at the B&F was not surprising at all, and not the first time he failed to appear. I think it was 2002 (certainly one of the Premiership years, just can't remember which one:D ) where Aka decided to go on a ride on his new motorcycle instead of attending the B&F dinner. Was Aka not invited, or did he decide not to go? Either way, him not being there was probably best for all concerned.

* While I have never actually kissed his butt, I have really enjoyed watching him play our great game. I even enjoyed listening to him 'talk the talk' during 2002 & 2003. The reason I am happy he has moved on, and don't care what we got in a trade is that he has turned on the club. The same club that stood by him during his personal problemshe had in the late 1990's. The same club that paid his wages for over ten years. I couldn't imagine your reaction if Chris Grant decided to let the media know what he thought of Rodney Eade, or tee off on Scott West for any reason. I know it wouldn't happen, as Chris Grant is a class act, but just think how your club would react in the same situation.

* I was happy when he won his Brownlow, I was in the room that night at the GABBA and was on top of the world. He has done a stack of good for footy in Queensland, but the flack he cops from BF posters is due to the flack he has piled onto the club. Ask Aka yourself, he couldn't give a rats toss what people think of him, especially people on BF, that is his style. Looik at his history over the years, the games he has starred in against teams like Essendon at the Dome, where the majority of the crowd booed his every movement, he thrived on it.

At the end of the day, Aka and the ogs have played this well. Aka's performance during the last month has scared off most others, so no bidding war eventuated. I for one wish the Bulldogs all the best, and if Aka is part of that success, so be it. I would be the first to thank him for the good times (OK, they were great times) but I would love to sit with him and find out what goes through his mind some times.

I have a lot of respect for the Doggies and I have been really disappointed over recent weeks at the nose-rubbing and general trolling going on from some Doggies on BF

yes, it's true that it looks like you got him at a good price in terms of trades but you are paying all of his salary (which seems to have enabled us to keep Bradshaw)

here's a few questions i bet you haven't asked youself yet:

why did only one club go after Aker?

and why did a Brownlow medallist and triple-p'ship player go for #34?

no doubt you are patting yourself on the back thinking it was a fantastic effort on the part of the recruiting team at the Bullies...maybe so

but exactly why were the Lions so glad to get rid of him that they were prepared to take a lesser deal?

i believe he made up his mind early in the season that he wanted to go to Melbourne and did everything he could to put the Lions in a position that they HAD to get rid of him - regardless of the cost to the club and team :thumbsdown:

so the Bullies are currently in his plans - what happens if that changes some time in the future?

what happens if he does his usual thing of spruking off at the mouth to keep his profile up and it comes at the expense of Chris Grant or Scott West? what if he has a go at Eade in his column? what if he criticises the Bullies for having crap facilities or a losing culture or needing some KPPs?

my point is: Aker is a two-edged sword

it's nice when he's with you but like masturbating with a cheese grater (i.e. slightly amusing but mostly painful) when his personal goals are not the same as the team's

but i'm sure it'll all just turn out fine for the Doggies

even so, i'd better just bookmark this thread and a few others just in case this new marraige turns sour

all the best newlyweds! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back