Who's closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast?

Who is closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast

• Fremantle

Votes: 247 62.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 146 37.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neale, Blakely, Hill brothers, Brayshaw, Fyfe will all be there for a pretty long time and if they all develop together, Fremantle will be a very good team.

West Coast are in a pretty average spot, not much young talent there.

Fyfe turns 27 this year. Brayshaw hasn't even played a game yet. Pretty poor argument for "so much young talent" As has been stated before, WC have 2 AA's 24 or under, a kid called Rioli who is getting a ton of praise and a potential star in Ryan who kicked 70+ in the WAFL, not to mention the AA under 18's FF and CHF. Yet Freo is stacked and WC aren't? give me a break. Even more rational Freo fans on this thread have said their youngsters aren't necessarily much better. At least currently.

Fyfe turns 27 this year. Brayshaw hasn't even played a game yet. Pretty poor argument for "so much young talent" As has been stated before, WC have 2 AA's 24 or under. Yet Freo is stacked and WC aren't? give me a break. Even more rational Freo fans on this thread have said their youngsters aren't necessarily much better. At least currently.

Fair enough, each to their own opinion.

West Coast midfield in my opinion is deplorable without Priddis and Mitchell and will need to get a star through either drafting or trading to help the issue, Sheed and Duggan aren't replacing the other two I mentioned at any stage of their careers in my opinion.

Sorry but that's utter rubbish.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you either play for the seniors or the reserve side unless you're injured? And there is the same number of players who are playing in the seniors each week right? So the uninjured WC players not playing in the seniors played for East Perth and vice versa for Freo with Peel. As such, the performance of AFL listed players in the seconds quite clearly is a window into the quality of your list, even more so based on the fact that those players tend to be first and second year players.
It’s not. Go through the list, even in more successful years half the team was still playing WAFL.

It’s a hallmark sign of ross Lyon sides to have capable teams where the talent drops away dramatically.

You forgot to mention that Peel also won the premiership. Convenient omission.
You had 16 docker squad members in your gf team, with nearly all of them regular Fremantle first choice players or on the outer with a tonne of afl experience under their belt.

Pretty embarrassing you guys brag about that gf win

And yet I'm not overly impressed with that list (besides Neale), not saying its bad, but to make the argument that those youngsters are head over heels better than WC's just isn't correct imo. WC have Yeo and Mcgovern who are more accomplished players than any of those, with Sheed slowly rising who was 3rd in the rising star. Jury is still out on Duggan but lets see. Rioli is getting some great raps behind the scenes, and Ryan is yet to play but 70+ goals in the WAFL are good signs.

You probably have 1 or 2 more better players in that bracket, but we obviously have some major weapons that are older (and are't retiring in the next 3-4 years)

Fyfe turns 27 this year. Brayshaw hasn't even played a game yet. Pretty poor argument for "so much young talent" As has been stated before, WC have 2 AA's 24 or under, a kid called Rioli who is getting a ton of praise and a potential star in Ryan who kicked 70+ in the WAFL, not to mention the AA under 18's FF and CHF. Yet Freo is stacked and WC aren't? give me a break. Even more rational Freo fans on this thread have said their youngsters aren't necessarily much better. At least currently.

Did you seriously berate someone for using Brayshaw as part of our young talent because he hadn't played a game and then use Rioli AND Ryan as part of your argument?

Not too much higher. But you've got a bunch of star players hanging up the boots. Freo have some absolute superstars though.
We’ve got 3 all Australian squad members and 6 players rated elite by champion data.

They’ve got 0 all Australian squad members and 1 player rated elite.

Fyfe is a gun and will probably be in the top 3 players in the comp this year. Walters is a gun too but that’s about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back