Why aren't there any good AFL flash games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bubba_5

All Australian
Nov 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've been scouring the net for a decent AFL flash game, and they just don't exist! I'm currently learning to program in flash and I can't believe that no AFL loving flash programmers have gone to the trouble of making one?! All that's there is boring as hell set shot games. :confused:

Flash isn't capable of making anything more then those, could you imagine the lag of something 'proper'.. would be terrible.

That game is surprisingly fun considering I hate rugby.

Would love an AFL game similar to that. :thumbsu:

There are rugby games such as this one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/funny_old_game/games/4654596.stm

Which run just fine and would be equally demanding of flash to a similar scale AFL game.
That is pretty fun (although the first match I played I won 40-15 without even looking at the tutorials! Does it get harder?). But I can see why that works vs an Aussie Rules game. Ours is easily the hardest in the world to transfer to game, at least in a short amount of time anyway.

It's just so much more complicated than any other sport due to the number of players and the fact that they basically have to have an individual role at any real given time. I guess if you wanted you could make some sort of little league type of flash game where you just have the AI run around the field chasing the ball and that only, but is that going to be fun? I dunno.

IIRC there was a good little flash game linked somewhere on here a while ago for an AFL game that was more proper than just the usual goal kicking stuff. CBF looking it up, but I know there was one that wasn't that bad.

That is pretty fun (although the first match I played I won 40-15 without even looking at the tutorials! Does it get harder?). But I can see why that works vs an Aussie Rules game. Ours is easily the hardest in the world to transfer to game, at least in a short amount of time anyway.

I know what you mean, there are certainly a massive range of rules and also aspects to the game. However, in terms of merely what flash will and won't run, I remain optimistic that if someone did manage to get their head around the AFL game, they could produce a cool game without flash impeding them.

So optimistic in fact that I have devoted my independent project in IT to developing an online, MULTIPLAYER, AFL game. Not saying it's going to be any good, but will link it up here in about 7 weeks when it's done.:thumbsu:

That game is surprisingly fun considering I hate rugby.

Would love an AFL game similar to that. :thumbsu:

Tell me about it, I found it whilst searching for an AFL game about a year ago, and I found myself playing it continually just visualising an AFL game similar to it! The only problem is it is very easy as HBK alluded to.

I know the old Aussie Rules game on nintendo has been uploaded to play online. Not sure what the URL is. Can't seem to find it in a serch either, but I have definitely played it online before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all,

If you're interested in playing an online Aussie Rules Footy game then check out the link below. I've been working on a little game based on aussie rules that is mostly a test of reflexes, plus a little bit of strategy.

Not created using Flash but with HTML5.

http://www.ttfooty.com

It's pretty much complete but open to any improvements anyone might want to suggest!

The game is designed for best use on a PC but does work ok on the latest iphone, ipad and Samsung devices. On PC it requires at least version 9 of Internet Explorer, or alternatively another browser such as Chrome or Firefox. On a mobile device, I recommend downloading the mobile version of Chrome.

Anyhow see if you can get your team to a premiership!

Cheers.

Hi all,

If you're interested in playing an online Aussie Rules Footy game then check out the link below. I've been working on a little game based on aussie rules that is mostly a test of reflexes, plus a little bit of strategy.

It's pretty much complete but open to any improvements anyone might want to suggest!

The game is designed for best use on a PC but does work ok on the latest iphone, ipad and Samsung devices. On PC it requires at least version 9 of Internet Explorer, or alternatively another browser such as Chrome or Firefox. On a mobile device, I recommend downloading the mobile version of Chrome.

Cheers.

Fun game, good stuff.

Hi all,

Cheers.

This is actually pretty fun. Nice work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back