Why did the Bulldogs get 6 Friday/Thursday night games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why has no one questioned the OP about the crap they are talking - the Bulldogs DO NOT have 7 Thursday & Friday night games in 2018.

They play 4 Friday night games (2 home and 2 away), and 1 Thursday (away).

Perhaps the OP got confused thinking about the 7 years and counting since their team last played in a Grand Final.

Why has no one questioned the OP about the crap they are talking - the Bulldogs DO NOT have 7 Thursday & Friday night games in 2018.

Perhaps the OP got confused thinking about the 7 years and counting since their team last played in a Grand Final.
Honestly
Didn't care enough. Enough of your posters missed it.

Even if they got back to their best they shouldn't have got 7. Don't take punts on 1/3 of Friday nights being a return to form and another 1/3 being a hopeful rise up the ladder for a long lost VFL-era side. No one should get those many.

Can somebody give me a reasonable answer as to why this minnow team is getting the limelight? Is it to prop them up?
AFL bought into the Bulldogs rhetoric that dumping their leading goal kicker would cause the club to start shitting rainbows again and everything would be fine now the big bad Stringer was no longer there.

AFL bought into the Bulldogs rhetoric that dumping their leading goal kicker would cause the club to start shitting rainbows again and everything would be fine now the big bad Stringer was no longer there.

Essendon have the same amount of Friday night games. I think the AFL bought into the Essendon fans rhetoric that by bringing in the 3 mature age recruits they might be a threat for the first time in 14 years.

Essendon have the same amount of Friday night games. I think the AFL bought into the Essendon fans rhetoric that by bringing in the 3 mature age recruits they might be a threat for the first time in 14 years.
Nah.

We got them to help with ratings. Our fanbase is big enough to carry it on our own.

It's 6 actually my apologies.

It's 6 actually my apologies.
Wrong again, it’s 5. Unless 18 teams play on Friday night in round 23. I suggest you get your facts straight first.

We have 5, the same as equally rubbish teams such as Essendon and Carlton. St.Kilda has 4 and are even worse too, better make a thread about these teams.

Wrong again, it’s 5. Unless 18 teams play on Friday night in round 23. I suggest you get your facts straight first.

We have 5, the same as equally rubbish teams such as Essendon and Carlton. St.Kilda has 4 and are even worse too, better make a thread about these teams.
To be fair we’ve seen 60 billion threads about Carlton already, and Essendon at least played finals last year.... can’t we all just agree the AFL suck at scheduling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club is torn apart by a self inflicted injection set up. Club is forced to play top ups and blokes who otherwise would be retired or playing lower level football. Club cops draft and financial whacks that would cripple many ( no need to mention any names) Club is not expected to win the toss in any game that season, let alone a game. Club still outdraws the team that won the flag that year. Comfortably.

Club is torn apart by a self inflicted injection set up. Club is forced to play top ups and blokes who otherwise would be retired or playing lower level football. Club cops draft and financial whacks that would cripple many ( no need to mention any names) Club is not expected to win the toss in any game that season, let alone a game. Club still outdraws the team that won the flag that year. Comfortably.

Club still won spoon while club you are deriding won flag

Such a feel-good story

Huge, lots of money and fans, theres no denying it. Yet despite all the advantages in the world, the product they have produced over the last 14 years has ranged from pathetic to mediocre, doesn't make for great viewing.

I think it's a little bit more reasonable to expect a side who won the flag the year before to bounce back than it was to expect say Carlton to improve.

Still Carlton, St Kilda and the Bulldogs getting so many Friday night games is pretty shitty scheduling, especially when Melbourne were at least as well placed (and probably more so) than St Kilda and Carlton and get like one.

(I'll let the AFL off for Essendon, they at least made the 8 last year and did so in entertaining style)

It kinda sucks.

While it's good that a smaller club has been given so many primetime games for a change, I'm concerned that WB's ineptitude and pathetic performances will allow the AFL to go back to Carlton and Essendon every Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back