Why did you decide to become a GC fan?

Remove this Banner Ad

rota69

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Im just interested the reasons that people have for deciding to go for the GC17? The obvious reason is people who live there but did anyone else choose to go for them for another reason?

One of (but there are many) reasons I am following GC is because I live in an area in QLD that has been barron for football for some time.

I have 2 young boys of my own. They love football, and this is a way of getting them involved. From the ground up, we can now watch a live game from the comfort of our members chairs every second week is more appealling than relying on Fox Sports for coverage.

Also, this team will have a handy role in expanding the code in QLD and that can only be good for AFL in the long term.

I live here and I love my footy. I'm also sick of watching sub-standard matches and really want my kids to get into the sport.

I live here and I love my footy. I'm also sick of watching sub-standard matches and really want my kids to get into the sport.

So will you be supporting both Collingwood and GC or once GC are in no more collingwood and they will be an enemy like all other teams?

Who is knocking Brisneyland?

Seriously, good luck with getting things up and running GC. But please...can we change the mascot at least!! Good to see another team in SE QLD. Hope the locals get right behind you!

So will you be supporting both Collingwood and GC or once GC are in no more collingwood and they will be an enemy like all other teams?

Always have been and always will be a Pies man. As I've said on other threads - I'll be buying a membership for the GC and support them in every game unless they are playing Collingwood. And if/when they beat us then I'll be slightly less disappointed than if it were any other team.:)

One of (but there are many) reasons I am following GC is because I live in an area in QLD that has been barron for football for some time.

I have 2 young boys of my own. They love football, and this is a way of getting them involved. From the ground up, we can now watch a live game from the comfort of our members chairs every second week is more appealling than relying on Fox Sports for coverage.

Also, this team will have a handy role in expanding the code in QLD and that can only be good for AFL in the long term.

At the risk of being one of the first GC trolls, the distance between Gold Coast and Brisbane is not great. In Victoria we don't have AFL teams for Bendigo , Mildura , Traralgon etc, but the supporters there are still keen enough to catch the odd game of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the risk of being one of the first GC trolls, the distance between Gold Coast and Brisbane is not great. In Victoria we don't have AFL teams for Bendigo , Mildura , Traralgon etc, but the supporters there are still keen enough to catch the odd game of footy.

I dont exactly know what you are trying to say? I should be happy with watching one game live every 1-2 years? Personally that has anoyed me enough to want a fresh start, I want to pay my membership to a club and support that club.

Are Bendigo and Mildura projected to have populations of 700,000 + by 2025?

go the coasters.. Lived up there for 12 months and love the place to bits, i converted from storm to the titans and would love to jump aboad but just can't do it. my blood is navy blue through and through, but will have a soft spot for you guys

I have lived on the Gold Coast for most my life and support Essendon as my Dad did. The Bombers have not played in Queensland (apart from pre-season games with Lions) for past two years. I have had to fly to Melbourne to see them play. My decision is about seeing more live games and getting something out of my membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back