Why do Channel 7 hate football?

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me the vision in HD and pay for it by making half the commentators redundant and they'd have a way better product.

You're onto something here.

Maybe even just send it to 9 and start fresh...at least they have the cameras and channel....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why should it be HD? they play the wrong replay 5 times over anyway

I think anybody that watches any sort of international sport (EPL, NBA, NFL etc) would be in agreement that the production and presentation isn't up too scratch. Quality should definitely be HD at the very least, in such a profitable sport it's just greed preventing it from happening- that plus the unprofessional commentary compared to other sports is embarrassing at best.

I really dont want to be seen to be defending channel 7 but the american sports arent exactly fast paced and have small coverage areas so it would be easier to produce.

But yeh. * off channel 7

Television in Australia is a ******* disgrace.

We have a greedy cable network owned by a media conglomerate running a monopoly on live sports and premium drama, Streaming services which dragged their heels to purchase broadcast rights so we have a situation where content ownership is fractured and spread all over the place, investment for quality Australian drama and comedy content is at an all time low and hampered by asinine prerequisites and the funding for the major contributors in ABC and SBS is constantly cut, the commercial networks are stuck in a cycle of low investment s**t like the Voice or cooking shows that somehow still get huge viewerships which prevents them from ever trying anything new or daring and the sole free to air rights holder of AFL broadcasts in SD with a panel of absolute muppets.

It's a dire situation in TV land down under. Need serious change on so many levels.

Television in Australia is a ******* disgrace.

We have a greedy cable network owned by a media conglomerate running a monopoly on live sports and premium drama, Streaming services which dragged their heels to purchase broadcast rights so we have a situation where content ownership is fractured and spread all over the place, investment for quality Australian drama and comedy content is at an all time low and hampered by asinine prerequisites and the funding for the major contributors in ABC and SBS is constantly cut, the commercial networks are stuck in a cycle of low investment s**t like the Voice or cooking shows that somehow still get huge viewerships which prevents them from ever trying anything new or daring and the sole free to air rights holder of AFL broadcasts in SD with a panel of absolute muppets.

It's a dire situation in TV land down under. Need serious change on so many levels.

You said what I said but with much more detail. You're spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back