Media WIGMEDIA: The Last Dance Midweek Special: UnBroken

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm warming to the idea of deporting the Wonders from the league and replacing them with one of these god-awful expansion bids.

Furies support this motion

Earlier today, news broke the was, shall we say, a bit of a surprise.

All time great Broken announced a shock comeback. A comeback engineered by Wonders legend ClarkeM

EARLIER TODAY:

ClarkeM tells me that the Wonders and The Last Dance are a team of destiny and that NOTHING can stop them.

I counter that with a player who hasn't won a final since Season 7, a player who has the 3rd longest streak of games without winning a final, a player who has only played in one finals match since Season 9 (while winning TWO spoons) and who has one of the longest streak of games without appearing in a Grand Final could stop them.

I'm tempted to see what is stronger the Wonders charge to the flag, or my ruinous record.

If you're game Wonders...
TB7BaxO.gif

... let's dance.

Well, this was exciting news indeed. I had fond memories of playing against Broken a few seasons back when he was at the Roys. So I decided in the interests of team harmony, now that we could, we'd go to the pub for a quick pot and have a chat.

pub chat.png

EJW: How did you get roped into this?

Broken: ClarkeM approached me with, basically, a pity fu** of an offer. Seeings I hadn't won a flag since Season 4, he thought I might be tempted.

EJW: Why now? Why the Wonders?

Broken: If this had happened in the past I'd have been outraged at the parachuting of someone in to a finals squad over those who contributed all season, but in this me-centric league, it doesn't bother me.
Only thing that does bother me is going against those I've told no to on many an occassion.

If the Wonders were keen to do it, then why not, someone will come out the fool here.
Plus, I'm due some community service in the West Coast area over my overly friendly greetings with the Wonders mascot when I was with the Roys.

GZD9W3A.gif

EJW: Are you sure your body and mind can withstand the rigours and heat of finals qooty off a limited preparation?

Broken: It couldn't even when I was in my prime.

EJW: You've had a storied career. You're a Hall of Famer and a Mobbs Medallist.
Are you at all concerned this could backfire and damage your reputation?

Broken: Considering half my new teammates at the *checks label on polo shirt* Wonders don't even know who I am I think that's all you need to know about my reputation.

EJW: Is this the equivalent of the NBA 10 day contract, or is there more in store for the broken/Wonders union?

Broken: Just riding this out until this season is over. If my theory is right, then I go back to the abyss, if the Wonders theory is right, I might steal a premiership and I'll even relent to the advances of Harvey Manfrenjensenden and sign with the Serpents for next season.

EJW: Clarkey, why or how did you come up with the hare brained scheme to get Broken into the side?

ClarkeM: Well there’s been speculation that the Wonders are a broken outfit heading into Season 30 and yet internally, we’re very confident that we’ll be fine going into next season. So the opportunity presents soon for us to recruit and being a strong supporter of bringing new people to the Sweet FA or players back to the league, against their will or not, I thought about what is attractive to posters.
We all play for fun but our fun is different to everybody else’s.
I won’t go into the things I had to do to get Broken across the line, but let’s just say it was surprisingly a very easy and simple process - and a quick turnaround to match. I’m looking forward to running out with him this weekend, if I can get a game. We’re pretty stacked at the moment.

EJW: Was it just for drama or is there something more behind it?

ClarkeM: What drama do you speak of? A Hall of Fame legend wants to come to the Wonders for the first time ever, what’s ever so wrong about that?

I love a good controversy when done right. Not the same bullshit we see every year over popularity contests and criteria’s and divides within the committee, that’s boring to me. I like real things, such as fantasy football finals and bringing league legends in to win flags.

EJW: Clarkey and Broken, can you two please describe your relationship in a few words.

ClarkeM: Broken may correct me on this but I would say we’ve always had a professional relationship if anything. We’ve never really gotten in each other’s way. I would admire his contribution to the league more than he would mine and I’m perfectly okay with that.

Broken: I think it took some time for both of us to get what each other was about, but I think we've developed a mutual respect as to what we want from the league. Case in point
I love a good controversy when done right. Not the same bullshit we see every year over popularity contests and criteria’s and divides within the committee, that’s boring to me. I like real things, such as fantasy football finals and bringing league legends in to win flags.

EJW: Well, that sounds like a plan to me. I'll hopefully get to watch two legends win a flag together, and happily come along for the ride. After all, it is #TheLastDance.

This is something to drink to, I'll get the next one in, cheers fellas.

All time great Broken announced a shock comeback. A comeback engineered by Wonders legend ClarkeM

EARLIER TODAY:

ClarkeM tells me that the Wonders and The Last Dance are a team of destiny and that NOTHING can stop them.

I counter that with a player who hasn't won a final since Season 7, a player who has the 3rd longest streak of games without winning a final, a player who has only played in one finals match since Season 9 (while winning TWO spoons) and who has one of the longest streak of games without appearing in a Grand Final could stop them.

I'm tempted to see what is stronger the Wonders charge to the flag, or my ruinous record.

TB7BaxO.gif

... let's dance.

Well, this was exciting news indeed. I had fond memories of playing against Broken a few seasons back when he was at the Roys. So I decided in the interests of team harmony, now that we could, we'd go to the pub for a quick pot and have a chat.

View attachment 889408

Broken: ClarkeM approached me with, basically, a pity fu** of an offer. Seeings I hadn't won a flag since Season 4, he thought I might be tempted.

Broken: If this had happened in the past I'd have been outraged at the parachuting of someone in to a finals squad over those who contributed all season, but in this me-centric league, it doesn't bother me.
Only thing that does bother me is going against those I've told no to on many an occassion.

If the Wonders were keen to do it, then why not, someone will come out the fool here.
Plus, I'm due some community service in the West Coast area over my overly friendly greetings with the Wonders mascot when I was with the Roys.

View attachment 889413

EJW: Are you sure your body and mind can withstand the rigours and heat of finals qooty off a limited preparation?

Broken: Considering half my new teammates at the *checks label on polo shirt* Wonders don't even know who I am I think that's all you need to know about my reputation.

EJW: Is this the equivalent of the NBA 10 day contract, or is there more in store for the broken/Wonders union?

Broken: Just riding this out until this season is over. If my theory is right, then I go back to the abyss, if the Wonders theory is right, I might steal a premiership and I'll even relent to the advances of Harvey Manfrenjensenden and sign with the Serpents for next season.

EJW: Clarkey, why or how did you come up with the hare brained scheme to get Broken into the side?

ClarkeM: Well there’s been speculation that the Wonders are a broken outfit heading into Season 30 and yet internally, we’re very confident that we’ll be fine going into next season. So the opportunity presents soon for us to recruit and being a strong supporter of bringing new people to the Sweet FA or players back to the league, against their will or not, I thought about what is attractive to posters.
I won’t go into the things I had to do to get Broken across the line, but let’s just say it was surprisingly a very easy and simple process - and a quick turnaround to match. I’m looking forward to running out with him this weekend, if I can get a game. We’re pretty stacked at the moment.

ClarkeM: What drama do you speak of? A Hall of Fame legend wants to come to the Wonders for the first time ever, what’s ever so wrong about that?

EJW: Clarkey and Broken, can you two please describe your relationship in a few words.

ClarkeM: Broken may correct me on this but I would say we’ve always had a professional relationship if anything. We’ve never really gotten in each other’s way. I would admire his contribution to the league more than he would mine and I’m perfectly okay with that.

Broken: I think it took some time for both of us to get what each other was about, but I think we've developed a mutual respect as to what we want from the league. Case in point

EJW: Well, that sounds like a plan to me. I'll hopefully get to watch two legends win a flag together, and happily come along for the ride. After all, it is #TheLastDance.

Oh my, Lynda Carter.

Back in 2 minutes......

Welcome Broken for #TheLastDance

Go Wonders

Sometime under Kennedy Parker 's reign I brought up the need for players to have a minimum number of H&As under their belts for a club that season before they could be named in finals.

Of course everyone pats me on the head and says its cute when I make suggestions.

Enjoy.
Haha Mobbs youve got so little clout these days that even a Hall Of Fame Immortal like Broken is disrespecting your values.

Oh dear, dragging up really old comments for the sake of it.
I can bring up an old comment if its relevant to current events.

I never bring up your posts because nothing you post has ever been relevant Bono.

And FWIW, Tearin Up My Heart >>>>> With or Without You

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EARLIER TODAY:

TB7BaxO.gif

... let's dance.

View attachment 889408

View attachment 889413

I'm gunna enjoy ******* your s**t up next week

Broken should be awarded the Frankston Rover Award if the Wonders lose this week.
And he should be awarded a premiership medal if he wins next weekend.

We all have hopes and dreams.

Haha Mobbs youve got so little clout these days that even a Hall Of Fame Immortal like Broken is disrespecting your values.
Oh you made me scroll to see what this is in aid of.
Wow, bad luck Wonders. :( And I mean that sooooooooooo literally! I was kindah hoping you'd go on with this but now I know that there's just no point.

Hmm relentless Wonders and the untaggable Broken ...
49Px.gif

Oh you made me scroll to see what this is in aid of.
Wow, bad luck Wonders. :( And I mean that sooooooooooo literally! I was kindah hoping you'd go on with this but now I know that there's just no point.

Hmm relentless Wonders and the untaggable Broken ...
49Px.gif
Nope, his tags work just fine. See - @bbr0këñ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back