• Offer 6

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Offer 7

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Offer 8

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like you were born to be a bogan, but have overcome it through terrible struggle. You truly are one of the greatest amongst us.

You can see his bogan side come through every time he tries to say Parmi and fails.

Yeah, it happens. The main difference is you had two posters pop up for a spam-a-thon that weren't there in our first match and your captain followed them in to battle. Flip side our guys were for all intents and purposes out of finals and have been around long enough not to find those types of threads engaging, especially late season.
It was a response to the first match when you asked where we were - and we were mostly in our PM
I get the impression things were flipped this time in that sense too (your team were active in the PM and in media but not there)

It was a response to the first match when you asked where we were - and we were mostly in our PM
I get the impression things were flipped this time in that sense too (your team were active in the PM and in media but not there)

There was no reason for a response, it certainly wasn't asked for. Was a very hard thread to engage in, that's all I'm saying. Shame because I didn't mind the first thread.

Also we don't run a team PM, I don't believe in them. Everything is done in our team thread bar LG stuff which is only when necessary.

There was no reason for a response, it certainly wasn't asked for. Was a very hard thread to engage in, that's all I'm saying. Shame because I didn't mind the first thread.

Also we don't run a team PM, I don't believe in them. Everything is done in our team thread bar LG stuff which is only when necessary.
It wasn't asked for, but we do respond to feedback:

In fairness to the Bears they had 35% of the posts excluding JWS's posts.

I wonder if there is some truth in a post I think MWPP made on the weekend about how the Bears were doing all of their posting in the team PM... I thought that would have been a real shame. Otherwise I thought their leaders batted well but conversely if they hadn't have drafted Cap during the week we'd all be wondering about their rookie potential this season (no harsh on Lemon Boi who I hope comes out of his heh heh heh rind as the season goes on). Still it was a perfectly fine season opener.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the bolded comment. Genuinely curious- why don't you believe in them?

It's like you were born to be a bogan, but have overcome it through terrible struggle. You truly are one of the greatest amongst us.
He's even handsome!

:swoon:

Anyway, I'm more interested in the bolded comment. Genuinely curious- why don't you believe in them?

I don't believe in them because I believe they promote an insular nature and contribute to lack of match thread activity. These are Sweet FA teams, not private groups of friends. It's not uncommon, though not the same in every case, that teams with full club PM's engage less elsewhere. It is 100% fact though that every team that has ever boycotted a match has had a team PM. I've never felt the urge to start a team PM.

It wasn't asked for, but we do respond to feedback:

By the way, on this... three of your posters went nuts and as said two of them weren't in the first thread IIRC (perhaps just MC). That wasn't a team reaction, it was three spammers. The rest was palatable.

By the way, on this... three of your posters went nuts and as said two of them weren't in the first thread IIRC (perhaps just MC). That wasn't a team reaction, it was three spammers. The rest was palatable.
Cap and Testy were definitely around in round 1 so it was probably just MC. It was an individual reaction on my part, not a team one, but I found it much harder to engage with your team than I did in round 1.

I don't believe in them because I believe they promote an insular nature and contribute to lack of match thread activity. These are Sweet FA teams, not private groups of friends. It's not uncommon, though not the same in every case, that teams with full club PM's engage less elsewhere. It is 100% fact though that every team that has ever boycotted a match has had a team PM. I've never felt the urge to start a team PM.
My experience has been different- the most active PMs have coincided with the most active threads (whilst at the Royals - not having one just added to never really feeling part of the team), so it's interesting to hear the other side.
It's funny how people still think that it was a boycott.

Cap and Testy were definitely around in round 1 so it was probably just MC. It was an individual reaction on my part, not a team one, but I found it much harder to engage with your team than I did in round 1.

My experience has been different- the most active PMs have coincided with the most active threads (whilst at the Royals - not having one just added to never really feeling part of the team), so it's interesting to hear the other side.
It's funny how people still think that it was a boycott.

End of the day I don't think it really matters, what the clubs thought of each other. You said we'd pulled back, I told you why. Some later clubs were the same, some weren't. The threads can't all be winners. It doesn't change that I'm content with our list direction, if I reacted to "tapering off" at the end of every season I'd have no club stability.

If you need a PM to feel like part of a team then you need too much IMO. You have a team thread, you have match threads - on a weekly basis you have at least two hubs to be part of a team. Then you have the greater league. If it's what you want to do go for it, it'll never be something I integrate and I know most clubs don't. It wasn't even a thing at all league wide until a few seasons ago. At least I know with the Royals is apart from the small amount of official business we might do towards the end what you see is what you get, it's there on the forum in its entirety. Of course though, each to their own.

Some later clubs were the same, some weren't.
I agree with this, but it does go against the tapering off being inevitable comment too (which is what prompted this sidetrack , at least on my part)

End of the day I don't think it really matters, what the clubs thought of each other. You said we'd pulled back, I told you why. Some later clubs were the same, some weren't. The threads can't all be winners. It doesn't change that I'm content with our list direction, if I reacted to "tapering off" at the end of every season I'd have no club stability.

If you need a PM to feel like part of a team then you need too much IMO. You have a team thread, you have match threads - on a weekly basis you have at least two hubs to be part of a team. Then you have the greater league. If it's what you want to do go for it, it'll never be something I integrate and I know most clubs don't. It wasn't even a thing at all league wide until a few seasons ago. At least I know with the Royals is apart from the small amount of official business we might do towards the end what you see is what you get, it's there on the forum in its entirety. Of course though, each to their own.
And you're right, it doesn't particularly matter and threads can't and won't always be winners.
And as I said above, I like the direction the Royals have gone in despite the tapering off anyway.

As for the PM thing- yeah, needy as charged and not even ashamed of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this, but it does go against the tapering off being inevitable comment too (which is what prompted this sidetrack , at least on my part)

Well that's my point, it takes something super-special to rouse some clubs late in the season, especially on double ups.

TIL that MWPP was at the Royals.

She left the pre-season I took over IIRC. Got such a mean PM from her :(

(not really)

Well that's my point, it takes something super-special to rouse some clubs late in the season, especially on double ups.

She left the pre-season I took over IIRC. Got such a mean PM from her :(

(not really)
Another reason to just make it a shorter season. No double ups, everyone plays each other once and rotate the home/away factor each year.

Just the one? There have been a few over the journey

Also Elton Johns Wig - the biggest disappointment is that that none of the recruitment PMs referenced Brunch (unless you redacted any Brunch references in which case- shame on you Bruncher!) .
Redacted

Back