Will Essendon Coach survive another D-Day?......

Remove this Banner Ad

aww did poor Caro get it wrong?

I thought she was infallible guys??
You're saying he will definitely remain coach for 2 years? We shall see.

In any case I say she was right. The board were going to sack him but he threatened them. Have fun at your rabble of a club.;)

Last edited:
Trouble is Lance none of these Journalists are ever held accountable for the bullshit they print, it's just a minor dent in their credibility.

I am so sick of reading the headlines, then the opening paragraph which usually states " we are led to believe "
" it has come to our attention " " it is understood "

Caro was told Hird was attending the meeting where he was probably offered a package to stand down, Hird said GAGF, but Caro rushed to print to grab the headlines ala TradeDraft.
She printed as fact he was gone, but suffers no consequence. I'm over it

+1. Notwithstanding my very poor view of James Hird, I'd completely support him taking action against Caro & Fairfax for the headline - not that I think he has a cause of action mind you - but I think media outlets should not be able to run headlines such as the 'Essendon Sacks Hird' without sanction when the story is subsequently proved wrong.

Seems the board don't want the club sued for unfair dismissal. They need Hird to resign.
I bet they are regretting the 2 year extension given just to laugh it up in the AFL's face. It's come back to bite them big time

First things first, Caro really does deserve to cop a hammering- she didn't report that he would be sacked, she reported he hadbeen sacked. That is a big statement for a journo to make and it is an absolute howler on her part given she clearly couldn't have known it to be true. She's lost a lot of credibility and anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding herself.

As for essendon, just wow. By far the most likely scenario is that James Hird is still coach despite telling the board to G&GF, and despite the board wanting to get rid of him. The only reason he's still there is because they are afraid of him and can't figure out how to get rid of him. If that is how it is, it's a ghastly position for a football club to be in

What credibility to any of these 'journos' have anyway?

They get told stuff by people 'in the know', and the pass it on to the public.

Clearly, she has/had a contact that she trusted, and clearly she was told outright that Hird had been sacked. I'd go as far as to say, that clearly that was probably absolutely true.

So I don't think she made it up. And I don't think it was her opinion. So obviously she went early to get the scoop. That was her mistake.

But running with what she'd been told - to be honest sitting here a non-Essendon fan, I want to hear as much juicy stuff as I can.

It's all gold! Don't let it stop!

Someone stop this ******* madness please.

I hearby cancel my support for my life long team Essendon and instead barrack for my second team .... Melbourne.... s**t.

Don't do it man.

Once the dipshits that currently run the joint move on, it'll still be your club. You've just got to ride it out.

The other quite funny thing which everyone has forgotten, is that he wasn't a very good coach at all anyway.

As much as I want him gone I disagree. He was improving the team for sure and we would have only improved more if all this crap hadn't have happened.

In the end it's meaningless. He has showed his true colours (and how much influence his missus has on him) and now he could be the best coach in the history of the AFL, it's meaningless. He will not coach Essendon for one game in 2015 and he will never get another job in the AFL again.

Essendon could be completely right and not be guilty of a thing but the way that they have handled this (or rather let Tania handle this) is astonishing. Enough was enough a long time ago. If they are not guilty all the crap about being forced to do this and that should be irrelevant and they should have got on with it.

We all know every organisation involved in this has botched it up in one way or another but fair shake of the sauce bottle get the frigin hell on with it. James Hird used to be my idol and now I can't stand the sight of him.

As for essendon, just wow. By far the most likely scenario is that James Hird is still coach despite telling the board to G&GF, and despite the board wanting to get rid of him. The only reason he's still there is because they are afraid of him and can't figure out how to get rid of him. If that is how it is, it's a ghastly position for a football club to be in

Or they could be waiting to see what happens with the court appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems the board don't want the club sued for unfair dismissal. They need Hird to resign.
I bet they are regretting the 2 year extension given just to laugh it up in the AFL's face. It's come back to bite them big time
Coaches have been sacked mid-contract before (Sanderson, Harvey). Why didn't they sue for unfair dismissal?

Like Jesus, you can't keep Hird down. He always rises again.

Praise Hird our Lord and saviour.

5744839.jpg

Didn't Thompson say at the B&F it was head coach or nothing?
Gave the player going back to the VFL analogy doesn't want to take a step back.
Senior coach or quits is what it's down to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back