Moved Thread Will North move to Tassie?

Remove this Banner Ad

With a financial squeeze due to covid and a pending massive rebuild, this is the first time I can really see the chance of North potentially being moved to Tassie

North have tried their hardest to never totally bottom out and have to go through a rebuild. Now they are having to do that at a time when the AFL is in a financial crisis

I hope they don't have to for their supporters (most of them anyway) but it could be a realistic possibility this time.

With a financial squeeze due to covid and a pending massive rebuild, this is the first time I can really see the chance of North potentially being moved to Tassie

North have tried their hardest to never totally bottom out and have to go through a rebuild. Now they are having to do that at a time when the AFL is in a financial crisis

I hope they don't have to for their supporters (most of them anyway) but it could be a realistic possibility this time.
Maybe it may happen but may not.
Maybe your club once Corona is over could become a full fledged member of the MCG Co Tennent club as atm you not even on the upper echelon of the pecking order as your club is behind Hawthorn Richmond and Collingwood as they bring the $$$ in at the MCG not your club.
So In closing I don’t want to hear any Gabage come out of the Mouth of any Melbourne supporters as your club has not won a premiership for nearly 60 years and I bet you won’t even there when they won there last flag.
I can say I was there in 1975,1977,1996 and 1999 when we won flags.
Now keep off our site.

Maybe it may happen but may not.
Maybe your club once Corona is over could become a full fledged member of the MCG Co Tennent club as atm you not even on the upper echelon of the pecking order as your club is behind Hawthorn Richmond and Collingwood as they bring the $$$ in at the MCG not your club.
So In closing I don’t want to hear any Gabage come out of the Mouth of any Melbourne supporters as your club has not won a premiership for nearly 60 years and I bet you won’t even there when they won there last flag.
I can say I was there in 1975,1977,1996 and 1999 when we won flags.
Now keep off our site.
Not sure why you attacking my team to be honest.

My post didn't have anything aggressive or sarcastic in it and I clearly wasn't have a crack at North.

Merely pointing out that the club who is just bottoming out and the the AFL tried to convince to relocate 10 years ago could come under pressure again in an unprecedented time financially for the AFL

My post didn't have anything aggressive or sarcastic in it and I clearly wasn't have a crack at North.

Merely pointing out that the club who is just bottoming out and the the AFL tried to convince to relocate 10 years ago could come under pressure again in an unprecedented time financially for the AFL

agree
Well balanced post
Nobody is digging NM grave, just living in the real world of 2020

Still think North shouldn't be the first candidate for Tassie, not only are they not the club in the most debt, but I never want to see another club gone nor do Tassie want some bastardised outfit of North as a team, instead of their own team.

I wouldn't want to be a non-financial powerhouse team at the bottom end of the ladder, facing a long rebuild while at the same time the AFL speaks of the imperative need for the competition to become "leaner" and "more agile".

I'm not sure why you are attacking my club tbh.

Go have a look at the financial statements of all the AFL clubs.

10 years is a long time ago, financially we are totally different beast to then.

We aren't even in the bottom 2 of the Victorian clubs, let alone competition wide.

There have been initial reports we will potentially be reporting a profit this year also, one of the few clubs in the league to be able to do it because we don't rely on pokies and pubs.

I look forward to revisiting this thread in a few months when clubs financial statements are posted and we see the "real" unviability of some of the AFL clubs because of how they operate.

Last edited:
The Taswegian Hawks has a better ring to it, ship Clarko off, he'll fit in a crate nicely.

I still think a Melbourne/North Melbourne merger made the most sense of any thing that has ever needed sense made of it.

The Melbourne Kangaroos, a powerhouse club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbanites seem quite happy with their bastardised outfit (when it's winning).
and old Fitzroy supporters who supposedly don't follow a team anymore

Unless the Lions are doing well of course

Profit in 2020 with no tassie money

Profit 12 out of 13 years

Self funded $7 mill development of Arden st in 2019

Essentially no debt

No pokies

6th for disequal funding.

Is this Bay 13? Thread should be shut down as it seems any further discussion is trolling and woh mental health a concern any other action would seem to be irresponsible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back