Will we bounce back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Porthos said:
I really don't think that crumbing forwards are half as important as winning in midfield. If we do that, we can live without crumbers.

That comes back to attitude. I'd really expect to see them hit in hard this week. Especially against 'Our Nick' and the guy we could have had in a trade for him, Scotland.

Yeah, I dunno. Even a stinking attitude that still wins us clearances and free disposal at half-forward should be good enough.

Ford Fairlane said:
That comes back to attitude. I'd really expect to see them hit in hard this week. Especially against 'Our Nick' and the guy we could have had in a trade for him, Scotland.
I'd expect to see this as well. I can't see us going in with a stinking attitude and winning the midfield either. I wish we could bottle whatever Kane Cornes has before games though. Utter pro.

Porthos said:
I would've thought Brad Symes was an obvious nomination

Francou and Primus need to go back to the SANFL both are on anger pills. Must be drop, forward line is not working, the talls have upset the balance of the team.

We need to blood the young to shake up the big names, with PB, SAL, and the Doc things are going to get back on track.

So many problems. 8 talls is good, but not with 3 of them ruckmen. And not if all our smalls are slower types. Deride them as we all do from time to time, we are really lacking most sorely a couple of 'flashy' receivers/small forwards/backs most of all. ie. Senior and Junior B., Pickett and even Mahoney.

Brogan must be dropped. His form through 2004 fluctated after a stellar 2003, but this year it's been consistent - Crap - with a capital C.

Poulton and Cochrane are not in and under players and aren't fast enough with hands/feet or brain to be receivers.

Assuming Wakelin not suspended :
Ins - Symes, P. Burgoyne, Ezard
Outs - McGuiness, Brogan, Cochrane, Poulton

If Wakes go then Chaplin for him.

And no more then 3 talls in the forward line at a time. Tredrea or White at CHF, the other at FF, and the third tall (Lade/Primus) roaming the forward line - but not getting too close to Tredrea - lets try and avoid the 3 or 4 teaming of him by dumb crowding.

Andre said:
So many problems. 8 talls is good, but not with 3 of them ruckmen. And not if all our smalls are slower types. Deride them as we all do from time to time, we are really lacking most sorely a couple of 'flashy' receivers/small forwards/backs most of all. ie. Senior and Junior B., Pickett and even Mahoney.

Brogan must be dropped. His form through 2004 fluctated after a stellar 2003, but this year it's been consistent - Crap - with a capital C.

Poulton and Cochrane are not in and under players and aren't fast enough with hands/feet or brain to be receivers.

Assuming Wakelin not suspended :
Ins - Symes, P. Burgoyne, Ezard
Outs - McGuiness, Brogan, Cochrane, Poulton

If Wakes go then Chaplin for him.

And no more then 3 talls in the forward line at a time. Tredrea or White at CHF, the other at FF, and the third tall (Lade/Primus) roaming the forward line - but not getting too close to Tredrea - lets try and avoid the 3 or 4 teaming of him by dumb crowding.

How can u bring in Ezard. he is in Westies ressies. :rolleyes:

Primus has to go before Brogan. Why drop a fit but out of form player over a unfit out of form player?

Ezard didn't look quick the one game he played for Westies A's as well. But apparently he was high up in the B's.

It's a case of trying to get a balance at West at the moment. We've looked slow as well (bit like the Power) so I'd assume Rehn wouldn't cut off his nose to spite his face and not play Ezard in the ones.

I think we will bounce back. But I would have just preferred us not to have to dig this form hole we seem to dig each year.

Arsene Wenger said:
PB wil be a huge inclusion. Maybe Ezard - we lacked pace. Probly missing our 4 quickest players today

Pickett
SB
PB
BIsh

Throw in Surj - thats alot of pace.

Further more - u think we were probly missing a player on each line. IN Bish (FB), S Burg (HB), PB (In the middle), Pickett (HF), Toby (FF)

I know they are excuses - im just tryin to find how we may improve
they are not excuses they are facts and as long as you quote facts you cant go wrong

No knee damage for Chad
1:16:01 PM Mon 11 April, 2005

Superstar defender Chad Cornes has been cleared of any damage to his knee after undergoing x-rays on Monday morning. However the club has confirmed he has a bruised knee and could miss Saturday night’s clash with Carlton.

Youngster Steven Salopek has the all clear to play this weekend, either for Glenelg or the Power, after recovering from a sprain to one of the joints just below his knee.

Toby Thurstans and Jacob Surjan are hoping to prove their fitness in time, having both suffered ankle injuries in recent weeks.

portentous said:
I'm all out of "bounce".

Don't worry......I have this feeling that both Toby & Surj will pass their fitness tests, and PB is back ! Not sure about sala given the layoff but 2 out of 4, with leg speed will be a welcomed addition.

Also, look at the possible "outs" for carlton......they face the same challenges that we do, this week.

More of a concern is Primus's / Brogan's poor marking form. Toby in Primus out for me.

The bottom line for me is, the side we had on the park on Sunday was good enough to win. But if you don't want to chase, to tackle, to shepherd, to work hard, run to position, to pick up and get numbers around the ball, if it's ok to be lead to the ball and to stand back and wait for "it" to happen you will get flogged every time.

Don't kid yourselves, the crows were up for this game and they wanted to make a point ... well they did and they impaled us on it. And Choco can wake up too, instead of going on about things that happened 15 years ago and worrying about other teams flooding, etc etc he wants to catch up with the here and now in his own backyard and sort that out.

We can tinker around the edges and make a few changes here and there, but if the basics don't happen it won't matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said again FF. It wasn't just a lack of pace that we lost because of, it was a distinct lack of effort and application.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back