Wimbledon 2010.

Remove this Banner Ad

Monday sees the start of the biggest Tennis tournament there is, WIMBLEDON.

Looking at the odds, there aren't may surprises, but I'm leaning towards Andy Murray @ 8.00 for the Men's, and Justin Henin @ 7.50 for the Women's.

I know Murray's form hasn't been that good, but I just feel everything he has done since the Oz Open has been in preparation for this 2 weeks, and he is on the opposite side of the draw to Federer and Roddick.

Early bets?

I think Nadal at 3.50 is a good option - Federer has been ordinary since the Australian open, losing to a number of lesser players (eg Hewitt) who had a run of many many wins in a row going for him.

Can't believe Schiavone is $101 after just winning the french!

Stosur has made 7 WTA quarter finals in a row, so I think she is in some nice form and worth laying to make her "quarter" (particularly with a nice draw) if they offer that market again like they did for wimbledon.

1st round value bets:
Davyidenko @ $1.36 - Although bad history at Wimbldon very good player
Baghdatis @ $1.35 vs Lacko - Plays well at Wimbledon
Youzhny @ $1.40 vs Sela - Player in good form
Almagro @ $2.00 vs Seppi - not sure why? top 10 player in world.
Djokovic @ $1.13 vs Rochus - Absolute lock
Ferrer @ $1.50 vs Kiefer - good solid player, Kiefer hasn't plyed grand slam since 2009
Multi for $8.71 odds

I can't believe the odds available for Carsten Ball to win his first round match.

He's currently $2.35 to beat Ricardis Berankis.

Ball has come through qualifying, and IMHO that's a big advantage as he's already had a number of practice games under his belt, and his big serve should be too much for the 5'8" Berankis on this surface.

They've met twice before, and Ball has beaten him both times 6-3, 6-0 and 6-1, 6-0 on hard courts.

Load up....this is the bet of the year IMHO :thumbsu:

p.s. I will probably also have something on the set betting @ Ball 3-0 ($7) and Ball 3-1 ($6).

1st round value bets:
Baghdatis @ $1.35 vs Lacko - Plays well at Wimbledon
Youzhny @ $1.40 vs Sela - Player in good form
Almagro @ $2.00 vs Seppi - not sure why? top 10 player in world.
Djokovic @ $1.13 vs Rochus - Absolute lock
Ferrer @ $1.50 vs Kiefer - good solid player, Kiefer hasn't plyed grand slam since 2009
Multi for $8.71 odds

Davydeno BIG risk. Has been out for an extended period of time, due to injury, would be crazy to get on him IMO.

I reckon Almagro is fantasic odds @ $2.00, not sure why Seppi is going in favourite, the guy got smashed by Tomic :eek: Although Grass is not Almagros' favourite surface.

Kiefer is actually not a bad player, while Ferrer hasn't been playing well of late. If both were at there best (which I don't think they are, Ferrer would win easily).

Baghdatis/Djokovic/Youzhny are locks IMO

Almagro sucks on grass. Don't get fooled that because he's a top player he is a good bet. He is horrific on grass. He won't win a set in the first round IMO. He definitely won't win the match.

I agree about Ball's odds though. His serve could be too powerful for his opponent. Over the odds!

I can't believe the odds available for Carsten Ball to win his first round match.

Ball has come through qualifying, and IMHO that's a big advantage as he's already had a number of practice games under his belt, and his big serve should be too much for the 5'8" Berankis on this surface.

They've met twice before, and Ball has beaten him both times 6-3, 6-0 and 6-1, 6-0 on hard courts.

p.s. I will probably also have something on the set betting @ Ball 3-0 ($7) and Ball 3-1 ($6).

Berankis also came through qualifying and looked very good. He's only very young (he's only 19 and won the 2007 US Open Juniors title and made the semis of Wimbledon that year), so I wouldn't take too much stock on his previous results against Ball.

I think Ball will win, but Berankis will not be a pushover.

Almagro sucks on grass. Don't get fooled that because he's a top player he is a good bet. He is horrific on grass. He won't win a set in the first round IMO. He definitely won't win the match.

I agree about Ball's odds though. His serve could be too powerful for his opponent. Over the odds!

Almagro still made the 3rd round of Wimbledon last year and has a big enough serve to at least win a couple of matches. He's improved his game outside of clay markedly in the last few years. Plus, Seppi is in horrendous form this year. I'd take the $2.00 on Almagro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1st round value bets:
Do yourself a favour and never, ever bet on a tennis match involving Davydenko. Take it from me.

I think Soderling at $17 is the best bet for the tournament. I can't see anyone outside of Nadal, Federer, Soderling, Roddick, and maybe Murray winning. From those 5, only Nadal and Soderling are really in form right now. Federer, Murray and Roddick have all been below their best and are well behind the standard they were playing at this time last year.

Serious question;

What do people think of Luczak's chances tonight against Robredo.

Robredo is in terrible form, while Pete beat Baghdatis last week, and made the 3rd round of that tournament.

Robredo is not a grass court player, in fact he has only played about 1/3 the amount of games on grass that he has clay.

Even priced at 1.91 a piece at the moment.

My first multi for Wimbledon this year is;

SCHUETTLER, Rainer (GER) @ 1.42
DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB) @ 1.15
QUERREY, Sam (USA) @ 1.37

= $2.23

Going on Queens form a lot here, as both Schuettler and Querrey were great at Queens 2 weeks ago.

Novak should win, even though he has a tough first round match.

(Noticed after placing the bet that Querrey doesn't play till tomorrow, oh well).

Was just about to come on here and post the same thing!
I am going to put on as much as I can afford to lose from my account. But don't forget there is obviously something about Ball's opponent that the betting agencies know and we don't!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back