Grand Slam Wimbledon 2018

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Congratulations Novak. Sitting in a hostel in Paris watching the 2016 RG final on tv, getting quite emotional seeing him complete the career slam, I thought many slams were to come.

The past 2 years have been a roller-coaster with injuries, personal problems, motivation issues, coaching changes and a fear he would never win another one. But here we are! #13

Well done to Kev for fighting and having 3 set points himself.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Congrats to Djokovic on his slam.

Anderson too mentally weak to deserve a slam. Had chances in the third set with Djokovic below par and couldn't even take the set.
Too mentally weak? He just got through two very taxing 5 set matches, the bloke is simply cooked unfortunately.

Too mentally weak? He just got through two very taxing 5 set matches, the bloke is simply cooked unfortunately.

He was cooked the first two sets and played like garbage. A WTA player would have beaten him in those sets.

Third set he was playing well. Had many set points and Novak didn't rip anything out of his arse like against Nadal to save them. To me that is mental for Anderson. He was clutch against Federer, however is known for not being mentally strong in plenty of tour finals in the past.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Nishioka gets the wooden spoon for the men's

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Awesome stuff from Novak. I had real doubts he could get back to a GS winner level. But he has shown why he is one of the all time greats, taking down Rafa along the way.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Maybe 5 set tiebreakers should happen but only if the final set is 12-12.

I reckon For anything but the final 10-10 all in 5th is a tie breaker.

In the final let it go. Players don’t have to back up.

The fact that Joker leads Rafa and Fed , arguably the 2 greatest of all time head to head is extraordinary.
What a player, what an era.

Back