Wines: Just a poor man's Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd hope he'd be slightly ahead given his extra year in the system. Wingard is a fairer comparison given the relative ages and time in the system.

Let's see how Wines goes next year after his second AFL preseason.

So considering Ben Jarman is part of our academy group, when he becomes a father son and is eligible to be listed, by Poort logic he'll already be a 10 year veteran because he's been in our system for that long :D

Even though he is in his 2nd season the AFL have seen it fit to release Brad Crouch's Highlights' Pacakge:

Quite soothing, don't you think?

Did you know that Wines has only broken the 100 SC* point ceiling 3 times in 19 games.
Did you know that Crouch has broken the 100 SC point ceiling 4 times in 11 games.
Verdict: Wines is just a poor man's Crouch.

Two of the 100 SC point games for Wines were against Melbourne and Gold Coast.
Two of the 100 SC point games for Crouch were against 2013 premiership fancies Fremantle and Poort Power.

In Wines' last 7 games he has averaged 66 SC points, which is just fine don't you think?
In Crouch's last 7 games he has averaged 95 SC points, which is just a little bit better don't you think?

*No I do not think that SC scores are the be all and end all of rating a players ability, however they do give an indication of impact on a game, not just accumulating possessions.

Again, not that I think SC is the definitive judge, but.....the last 7 performances from some of the favourites for the Rising Star.......

Crouch: 114, 76, 93, 77, 100, 101, 104. Ave 95.0
O'Meara: 107, 82, 78, 119, 95, 66, 94. Ave: 91.6
Mitchell: 99, 106, 113, 80, 106, 48, 60. Ave 87.4
Mullett: 89, 70, 68, 48, 87, 108, 75. Ave 77.9
Wines: 116, 71, 68, 24, 86, 56, 41. Ave 66.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, not that I think SC is the definitive judge, but.....the last 7 performances from some of the favourites for the Rising Star.......

Crouch: 114, 76, 93, 77, 100, 101, 104. Ave 95.0
O'Meara: 107, 82, 78, 119, 95, 66, 94. Ave: 91.6
Mitchell: 99, 106, 113, 80, 106, 48, 60. Ave 87.4
Mullett: 89, 70, 68, 48, 87, 108, 75. Ave 77.9
Wines: 116, 71, 68, 24, 86, 56, 41. Ave 66.0

Crouch has had a year extra in the comp then Wines, Wines has played all the games this season its only natural that his numbers start to lower as the season goes on

Crouch has had a year extra in the comp then Wines, Wines has played all the games this season its only natural that his numbers start to lower as the season goes on

Extra year in the comp ? What are you smoking .......... Crouch wasnt old enough to be listed last year and spent the year playing for West which is no different to what James Aish is doing this year at Norwood.

Yeah he still trained with the team learning the structures etc you moron

I'm not the moron who said he's been in the AFL comp for two years. We were allowed to list him early, but he was not able to become an listed player until 2013.

Pre-seaon training etc wouldnt be much different to most of those under 18 sides. He spent 2012 playing for West in much the same manner as Aish is doing this year at Norwood.

So when Ben Jarman becomes a father son will you Poort space cadets then try and claim that he's a 10 year veteran due to the years he's spent in the Crows father son academy :oops:

Extra year in the comp ? What are you smoking .......... Crouch wasnt old enough to be listed last year and spent the year playing for West which is no different to what James Aish is doing this year at Norwood.

I dont know what one of your fellow crowies smoking....Well one of your fellow crows said that Your team had to change their entire game plan once Taylor Walker got injured. Pavlich at Freo has been out for most of the season and Freo didnt need to change their game plan.

I dont know what one of your fellow crowies smoking....Well one of your fellow crows said that Your team had to change their entire game plan once Taylor Walker got injured. Pavlich at Freo has been out for most of the season and Freo didnt need to change their game plan.

This is the most random thing I have ever seen posted in a totally unrelated thread.

The whole of the AFL viewing public wishes the * you would change your game plan! ******* blight on the game !

The whole of the AFL viewing public wishes the **** you would change your game plan! ******* blight on the game !

If I was a Freo supporter I wouldnt be worried with his gameplan, I'd be more concerned with Lyon's list development.

Saints went from one bad bounce away from a flag to now being on the verge of spoon 27 on the back of Lyon's list management.

If I was a Freo supporter I wouldnt be worried with his gameplan, I'd be more concerned with Lyon's list development.

Saints went from one bad bounce away from a flag to now being on the verge of spoon 27 on the back of Lyon's list management.

You want to go through this again don't you? If you think Freo will have an ageing squad by 2016, you are sadly mistaken. At Saint kilda Ross Lyon wasn't just the coach, he was the list manager and recruiter.

At Freo he is mainly our Coach. Our CEO Steve Rosich and General operations manager Chris Bond makes the calls the shots. Both of these guys will ask for a certain player Freo needs, Lyon does have some say in saying what he wants but Ultimately Rosich and Bond makes the final decision.

No Crouch was a 17 year old mini-draft selection that didn't become an active listed player until 2013.

Nice try though

Brad Head-Crouch spent 2012 training with the crowbots.

BTW, never seen Wines squib a contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back