Universal Love Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's OK but Chad gets told

"Chad, there are 40k people here to watch you chase and tackle. If you chase and tackle you'll get back into good attacking form by working as hard as possible on defence, go defend Chad, go defend."

We can see this season and last it really ignites him and he doesn't look bored at all.

That's OK but Chad gets told

"Chad, there are 40k people here to watch you chase and tackle. If you chase and tackle you'll get back into good attacking form by working as hard as possible on defence, go defend Chad, go defend."

We can see this season and last it really ignites him and he doesn't look bored at all.
I am entertained by great tackles...

He's an undoubted talent but he is wasting away in our shithouse forward line. Went into the middle in Q4 and immediately got the next centre clearance. I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't drop him, get him in the ****ing middle where he belongs. Force him to get into the game.

Play him in the middle ya shitcampaigners

I have no idea why we pay Ken so much, this coaching caper isn’t all that hard.

* he is a good player. One out of Gray or Wingard must always start in the middle.

Winning clearances per se is way overrated. Ferk champion data.
Getting the ball forwards quickly and smartly after someone/anyone from either team wins a clearance is underrated and more important.

Last edited:
As I've been saying since pre season, with the way the game is played these days, he's a really good midfielder but more or less a potato as a forward. Doesn't excuse his petulant attitude but it does help when your coach plays you in the correct spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe Wingard 'belongs' in the middle any more than he 'belongs' forward... but we geared him up to play there, and tonight we seen why in his current mould, it is silly to not play them there. Sending him back to first choice forward would require a whole new program for him which isn't gonna happen overnight.

Last edited:
Has a bit of the are you bastards happy now.

This pic reminded me of one of Grêmio's greatest moments.

In 1996, Gremio won the National Championship. We had finals back then. The winning goal (85th minute) was scored by the supporters' favourite whipping boy, Aílton (whom I kept defending the entire season, but I digress).

He scored and refused to be hugged by his teammates. Instead, he ran straight to the members' stand screaming:

— I am f*ck*ng good! I am f*ck*ng good! Applaud me now! Applaud me now!

I was there. The replay of his goal still gives me goosebumps...

Has a bit of the are you bastards happy now.

Nah, he walked to the fence to give the ball in his hand to a child he'd spotted in the crowd earlier, probably gave Wingard a "I love you Chad"
as he went down the race at half time or something, and he stood there for while trying to find the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.