Women's Netball Team (Licence Handed Back May ‘23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Netball is a very popular participation sport but it doesn't have a huge following from a professional standpoint. Netball may have seen more boys start playing but I don't know many guys who watch the sport or could name many Super Netball League players.

That’s always been a challenge discussing the netball team on here. Many folks follow the assumption that “I don’t follow netball, none of my mates follow netball, therefore nobody follows netball”

And that assumption just isn’t true.

Maybe you and your mates don’t follow line dancing either, but go onto YouTube and you’ll find line dancing videos with kazillions of views.

There is a big wide world out there of very fringe esoteric stuff that large subcultures of people somehow seem interested in. And AFL footy is definitely one of them - it just might not seem that way to you or me.

Last edited:

So it is true…..

If you go WOKE you go BROKE.

Oh well they/them may have better luck pursuing other interests.

I hear Liz Cambage is killing it on OF.

Back when you were a younger man with luscious hair, were you tossing around terms like “principled”, “greater good” and “benefit to society” with such derision?

Do you look back on the societies that introduced civil law, public holidays, weekends, universal healthcare, the pension, banning slave labour, banning child labour, as all being a bunch of woke lefties?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back when you were a younger man with luscious hair, were you tossing around terms like “principled”, “greater good” and “benefit to society” with such derision?

Do you look back on the societies that introduced civil law, public holidays, weekends, universal healthcare, the pension, banning slave labour, banning child labour, as all being a bunch of woke lefties?
76 you know I respect you.
And I am a leftie.
Well an older time leftie that believes the left has now been somewhat hijacked.
But you can't compare banning child labour with people demanding their own pronouns.
There is quite a void between the significance of these things.

Or maybe there isn't and I'm just out of touch.

Civil law…..have you seen the state of the judicial system. Danny boy sits as a law unto himself……I suppose once you give yourself ultimate power there is no law for you to abide by.

Public Holidays…..they’ll soon be repealed once the perpetually offended demand that those of the past needed to have the same moral compass as them today.

Universal Health care……they’ve basically removed bulk billing and you better not need anything urgent because the wait times are just about a death sentence. And remember only dial triple zero for emergencies……

The Pension….the one that gives our most vulnerable the choice. You can either eat or you can heat. Your choice. But if you speak of the Politicians Pension then you’re on to something.

Banning Slave/Child. Labour…..I suppose you don’t wear Nike apparel or use an iPhone. I suppose if you don’t see it it doesn’t happen right.

The Woke lefties have done an immense job…..Keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caro made this about Collingwood and not the sports women that play it. FN disgrace and already called out for how she really acts when the “Mic” is on!
Her bias and bitterness is only going to increase now that Richmond are looking to rebuild.

I quite enjoy Kane Cornes calling her nonsense out on Footy Classified. This week he told her that Richmond is only a big club when they're winning, to which she could only state that she didn't share that opinion :tearsofjoy:

If only there was someone willing to donate $15-$20 Million to keep the whole competition going.

It’s tough these days as those types of people just aren’t around any longer.

Maybe they/them can put the hat around. I’m good for a 10’er.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$10M from Ronnie then. Very generous.

I quite enjoy Kane Cornes calling her nonsense out on Footy Classified. This week he told her that Richmond is only a big club when they're winning, to which she could only state that she didn't share that opinion :tearsofjoy:
Kane can Piss me off but for a Very Few Times I actually agree with him

76 you know I respect you.
And I am a leftie.
Well an older time leftie that believes the left has now been somewhat hijacked.
But you can't compare banning child labour with people demanding their own pronouns.
There is quite a void between the significance of these things.

Or maybe there isn't and I'm just out of touch.

Re: equating child labour to pronouns - yeah, I agree. Others had called our net ballers “woke” for taking a principled position against Rinehart.

Re: Pronouns. Wouldn’t worry about it. A long long time ago society got all ‘woke’ and conspired to ban the distinction between formal and informal pronouns (thee / thy / thou) as a class thing - but it didn’t really change anything of substance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back