World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tony was to somehow win it, would they be the first brothers to win a ME each?

Yes. Not the first brothers/relatives to win bracelets though since I am pretty sure that at least two Mizrachi's have won bracelets.

This coverage has been epically good. Watched the entire Saturday afternoon broadcast delayed. Olivier Busquet was particularly good, and the main commentator with him made a great double, with him asking things like "so what is polarised" and "fold equity" allowing him to explain the rationale for the newer viewer which was awesome.

Hellmuth has been horrible. First 6 hands or so he completely messed up a hand (McNiff I think bet AT over two streets in position and checked the river on a Txx-x-K board, other dude had JJ. Hellmuth compliments McNiff for checking all three streets and bags the other dude for not betting the river with JJ in position, when he wasnt and played the hand like a WA/WB situation.

Hellmuth is also ridiculously results-oriented and loves bagging out people who flat preflop with strongish hands that get outflopped, bagged out the dude with KK vs KdJd on a QdTd6x board for missing a double, even though he would have got it in flipping. Obv if the KK dude gets it in and the turn is an ace and he loses, he would wait for bricks and then "pop em on the river"

Lon has been okay, but with Hellmuth has been dragged down. Esfandiari has been solid. Would love to see someone like Galfond on though.

Another day, another double up for Ben Lamb (over 8 mill now). Tony Hachem still hanging in there with 50bb (2 mill). Next payout is $90k, so it's starting to get serious.

Hachem will be gone soon. He's the 2nd shortest stack with 72 left. Last Aussie standing will be Andrew Hinrichsen.

Two chicks left (Amanda Musumeci and Erika Moutinho - babe). Erika's boyfriend is still in too, David Sands. JRB will also bust soon.

How?

m15362119b9.jpg

Hachem up to 1.5mil

Tony or Joe who do you take in a general sense (as in dont ask if its a 6max superdeep double chance bounty event with jacks wild or a 12 handed 2-7 single draw half kill with big antes)

Girlfriend and Boyfriend on feature table together

Dont care what you say there are massive collusion risks here, I've played with my GF just in cash games at Crown and 'bragging rights' mean nothing when you can single handedly crush their soul

Now I've said that, inb4 he stacks her with 49o with a slowroll to boot

Tony or Joe who do you take in a general sense (as in dont ask if its a 6max superdeep double chance bounty event with jacks wild or a 12 handed 2-7 single draw half kill with big antes)

Joe: $11 million in tournament winnings, Tony: $300k. Joe: 2 titles, 42 cashes, 1 bracelet. Tony: 2 titles, 25 cashes, 0 bracelets. Even though he's been quiet for a couple of years, Joe still had a 2nd place $300k cash earlier this year. This will be Tony's biggest cash (WSOP payouts have just edged ahead of the ANZPT Perth win).

Dont care what you say there are massive collusion risks here, I've played with my GF just in cash games at Crown and 'bragging rights' mean nothing when you can single handedly crush their soul

Now I've said that, inb4 he stacks her with 49o with a slowroll to boot

He should be moved, and players at the table should have spoken to a TD. And I say he should be moved cos I want her to stay on the TV table.

In a Crown tournament yesterday, girl gets moved to a new table and is sitting to the left of her boyfriend. She asks to be moved, and she was. I know the same thing has happened in the past with Annie Duke and Howard Lederer. And I'm sure the same would happen with the Mizrachis where possible (obv not possible at a final table).

Joe: $11 million in tournament winnings, Tony: $300k. Joe: 2 titles, 42 cashes, 1 bracelet. Tony: 2 titles, 25 cashes, 1 bracelet. Even though he's been quiet for a couple of years, Joe still had a 2nd place $300k cash earlier this year. This will be Tony's biggest cash (WSOP payouts have just edged ahead of the ANZPT Perth win).

This is sort of my point, Joes had amazing success off some pretty decent scores, Tony has been much more of a grinder

Take away Joes main event and you've got 3million left in live tournament wins

Every couple of years Joe makes a deep run for a big cash, while playing lots of tournaments in between. Tony follows the Aus circuit and wins APPT POY twice in a row

I still like Joe more, and probably Joe is the right choice but Tony is still pretty comparable to his brother

Tony Hachem ends day 5 with 2.25million with blinds resuming at 30/60k. Avg is 3.6k

A touch under 40bb and with history on the Australian circuit he'll feel super deep :cool:

Ben Lamb 2nd in chips with 9.9million and him winning this event is the surest thing in poker

Andrew Hinrichsen has 4million

E-dog with 2.2million

Hopefully an couple of entertaining days ahead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hachem busted in 37th 87dd v AJo

PN reported his stack sized as going from 1.3m to 1m to 500k all during 50/100k level so if that's true I've got no idea how he gave up 5bbs and wasn't all in, seems terrible but believable if he's anything like his brother

Well done though great effort for him and great score

Hachem busted in 37th 87dd v AJo

PN reported his stack sized as going from 1.3m to 1m to 500k all during 50/100k level so if that's true I've got no idea how he gave up 5bbs and wasn't all in, seems terrible but believable if he's anything like his brother

Well done though great effort for him and great score

I don't think he can have been paying much attention to the paysheet - he went out in 37th for $196k just before the jump to $242k for 36th. IMO that's a terrible time to be sticking it in early position with 87s.

p.s 1m to 500k is presumably two rounds of folding.

I don't think he can have been paying much attention to the paysheet - he went out in 37th for $196k just before the jump to $242k for 36th. IMO that's a terrible time to be sticking it in early position with 87s.

p.s 1m to 500k is presumably two rounds of folding.

the report said he shoved from EP, so couldve been UTG or UTG+1 and decided to try something that can flop ok rather than try his luck in the BB with less than 4bb behind

I cant imagine any type of scenario that would allow him to fold from 1.3mil to 500k with those blinds though, I think the payjumps were well on his mind until he folded himself into a corner

the report said he shoved from EP, so couldve been UTG or UTG+1 and decided to try something that can flop ok rather than try his luck in the BB with less than 4bb behind

I cant imagine any type of scenario that would allow him to fold from 1.3mil to 500k with those blinds though, I think the payjumps were well on his mind until he folded himself into a corner

It can happen pretty easily actually. If you don't pick up a good enough hand to reraise or raise in early position for a few rounds, and if you never get a chance to open from late position (because someone has always opened ahead of you) then you can be just stuck. Once your stack gets below about 10bb you lose fold equity, and so you can't just shove any two cards trying to pick up the blinds.

With one place left for the jump and a stack of only 5bb, I'd probably be tempted to just blind down another round and hope to limp into the next bracket. If you're going to shove 8 high, it's better to do it with 10bb when you have some fold equity. 87s is just a terrible hand preflop - when it plays well is when you have a big stack behind and can put money in as a favourite or with big draws after the flop.

It can happen pretty easily actually. If you don't pick up a good enough hand to reraise or raise in early position for a few rounds, and if you never get a chance to open from late position (because someone has always opened ahead of you) then you can be just stuck. Once your stack gets below about 10bb you lose fold equity, and so you can't just shove any two cards trying to pick up the blinds.

With one place left for the jump and a stack of only 5bb, I'd probably be tempted to just blind down another round and hope to limp into the next bracket. If you're going to shove 8 high, it's better to do it with 10bb when you have some fold equity. 87s is just a terrible hand preflop - when it plays well is when you have a big stack behind and can put money in as a favourite or with big draws after the flop.

A decent player doesnt allow it to happen is what I'm saying. For 2 orbits, Hachem wouldnt have had a single hand folded to him? While its possible its also hard to believe. Its a tough spot to be in, but when you have 10bb you dont have the choice, you need to gamble. You cant fold to 5bb to hope for a decent hand, to double back to 10bb and do it all again

At some point he wouldve been in the BB with about 7-9bb behind and there he really has no choice but to play

In reference to your comment about 87 playing bad preflop, the point is it has greater equity against strong aces etc, rather than waiting for KT/A8 type hands that are usually dominated by AK/AJ.

A decent player doesnt allow it to happen is what I'm saying. For 2 orbits, Hachem wouldnt have had a single hand folded to him? While its possible its also hard to believe. Its a tough spot to be in, but when you have 10bb you dont have the choice, you need to gamble. You cant fold to 5bb to hope for a decent hand, to double back to 10bb and do it all again

2 orbits is not a very long run. He could easily have no hands f+olded to him in late position, and who wants to play junk from utg or utg+1? I'm sure Tony H appreciates the need to gamble when shortstacked. He isn't exactly a mug at shortstacked NLH tournaments.

At some point he wouldve been in the BB with about 7-9bb behind and there he really has no choice but to play

You really don't have to play J4o on the bb with 9bb behind.

In reference to your comment about 87 playing bad preflop, the point is it has greater equity against strong aces etc, rather than waiting for KT/A8 type hands that are usually dominated by AK/AJ.

Stove it. I can't find any range against which KTo or A8o plays worse than 87s.

2 orbits is not a very long run. He could easily have no hands f+olded to him in late position, and who wants to play junk from utg or utg+1? I'm sure Tony H appreciates the need to gamble when shortstacked. He isn't exactly a mug at shortstacked NLH tournaments.

Having no real hands in 2 orbits is easy but you not looking for playable hands your looking for hands with equity. Doesnt need to be late position either, he just needs to be first to act. He still has fold equity against all players up until the BB, and depending on the BBs stack he has decent fold equity against him as well. People dont love flatting 10bb with medium hands with other people still behind them...especially in the ME.

You really don't have to play J4o on the bb with 9bb behind.

We can agree to disagree here but if I have any kind of J in the BB against a late reaiser I'm getting it in

Stove it. I can't find any range against which KTo or A8o plays worse than 87s.

heres 87 suited against top 11.9%
Board:
Dead:
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 37.015% 36.61% 00.41% 381129352 4225750.00 { 87s }
Hand 1: 62.985% 62.58% 00.41% 651499980 4225750.00 { 22+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo }

Heres A8 againt the exact same range

Board:
Dead:
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 37.266% 36.18% 01.08% 1033426056 30943764.00 { A8o }
Hand 1: 62.734% 61.65% 01.08% 1760809488 30943764.00 { 22+, ATs+, KTs+, QJs, AJo+, KQo }

A8 only has an extra .2% equity against a typical calling range for a 10bb shove so folding hands like 87s/89s/T9o etc waiting for any ace is terrible because theyre playing the same against a the range of hands thats calling you, only losing fold equity and precious double up chips as you fold.

So not saying it plays worse than any random Ace or King, but it plays the same, so folding it is absurd if you're waiting for a hand that plays exactly the same

Folding to 5bb is terrible short stack poker

Lamb has been decimated down to 5M with a JJ < KK all-in preflop. Calling a massive 5-bet shove with JJ seems pretty bad to me.

yeah it looks like they outlevelled each other, bamb still had to call over roughly 5mil with 3mil in there so he didnt force himself into getting a great price. The best case scenario there is the SB spazzed with 77-TT or hes flipping

I notice from the PN updates they ended up next to each other today, and she had position on him.

They clarified on the coverage yesterday that the TD ensures people with an existing relationship (eg. bf/gf, siblings, husband/wife) are separated on the start-of-day table redraws. On subsequent balancing of tables, it's left to random chance (which is what happened yesterday and today).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back