World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

been pretty uneventful compared to last year which had some crazy action/big pots/sucks-resucks etc

rooting for Benba out of the final 4

I appreciate Heinz as a really good player but just dont want to see him win for some reason

The guy who finished 10th must have had something else on in November?

I thought this too but watching it unfortunately it seemed all too standard

Losting something like 3 all ins v short stacks to eventually cripple him and then lost a flip to bust

Made 1 bad call with KQ against KK but I think the fact whoever actually had the KK made it look worse than it was, if its a 60/40 or coinflip all of a sudden it seems pretty standard

Damn that was a long day, glad it's finally over, and yeah, I think the best 3 made it through, although Giannetti was bloody unlucky against Lamb.

Hoping Lamb wins, not too many pros seem to win this even, it seems to be an amateur who then disappears off the face of the earth, although if Heinz wins I'll think he'll make a good of at is a real pro too.

The finals on about 1pm Wednesday on ESPN isn't it?

Code:
[B][U]               WSOP PotY    2011 WSOP       Career[/U][/B]
Ben Lamb (1st)   1159.05  $10,047,470  $11,280,857 (10th)
Ben Lamb (2nd)   1009.05  $ 6,764,918  $ 7,998,305 (26th)
Ben Lamb (3rd)    909.05  $ 5,352,970  $ 6,586,357 (39th)
Phil Hellmuth     755.25
Chris Moorman     753.95

And depending on where Ben finishes, for career WSOP earnings he would jump to 2nd (to Gold) or 8th or 12th.

disappointed Lamb is still there, lucky twice when all in.

Even more annoying is the chest-beating from typical loud arrogant Americans rooting for him. (And this includes himself.)

Unlucky Giannetti, clearly the best player from the final 9, chipped up all day without ever being at any risk.

Even more annoying is the chest-beating from typical loud arrogant Americans rooting for him. (And this includes himself.)

Unlucky Giannetti, clearly the best player from the final 9, chipped up all day without ever being at any risk.

You can't be serious.
Calling raises out of the bb with 42s and j8s a +ev play? That's where most of his chips came from

Also got unlucky against Collins, so goes both ways.

LOL. Calling station who clearly is stubborn about defending his big blind. Should be a crown regular.

Would love to know the reason behind Collins limping strategy.

You can't be serious.
Calling raises out of the bb with 42s and j8s a +ev play? That's where most of his chips came from

LOL. Calling station who clearly is stubborn about defending his big blind. Should be a crown regular.

Clear post-flop edge.

The graph R+B posted above shows this.

Also got unlucky against Collins, so goes both ways.

Would love to know the reason behind Collins limping strategy.

Heinz had near perfect position on him and was easily the most aggro preflop player and by the end of the day it was obvious they had history. While watching live I thought Collins was just trying something completely left field against one of the hardest N9 final tables, just mixing it up and confusing his opponents. A lot of his limping hands went straight to a flop that I would expect him to limp/raise with, so if the rest of the table went to script it could have worked out well but I guess they adjusted too quick and mucked their marginal stuff whenever he limped

In hindsight though I think it had more to do with Hienz and I get the feeling they had some history from before the final table. Hienz schooled him in almost every pot they played and I just think he didnt want to have to raise/fold/4bet/get into leveling wars against such a good player

Also note he limped Bouhdaras and O'deas blinds most of the time, obv indicated he wanted to play with Bhoudara

Lamb runs good but who doesnt really all of spots were pretty standard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy with the final 3. During the day, I thought there was little chance that Gianetti would not make the final 3. I'm happy he didn't because nothing on Day 8 or 9 made me want to see more of him. Heinz is a boss, should probably go on and win it. Surely Benba will get heads-up. Ideally he'll knock out Staszko and have 90-100m HU against the German.

And they're back. Within 4 hands, Staszko has doubled through Ben Lamb, taken the chip lead, and then eliminated Ben Lamb! Kind of happy that a less spewy player like Staszko has survived while a reckless LAG, albeit brilliant player, has been eliminated.

Staszko - 117,300,000
Heinz - 88,600,000

Watching the ESPN coverage, 15 mins delayed, so Lamb just got knocked out then, wow, within 4 hands.

That first hand was a 50/50 hand really, could have gone either way, couldn't blame either player for basically going all in.

I hope Pius wins now.

Who is this Antonio that is commentating? I'm sure I should know who it is but I am blanking big time.

Pius is a hardcore nutter. He just bets at anything and everything. You can't get a good read on him at all.

well it is heads up...

Patrick Antonius, pretty famous pro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back