Worst place you have ever visited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Falchoon said:
There are many awful places in the world you don't really need to go to and can easily avoid.

Anfield the home of Liverpool FC for me was not one of them. Field of dreams in a hell hole, and there are worse in Liverpool.

_1416198_eversley_wide_300.jpg

And i love that the train station is so far away that you are forced into a walking tour of burnt out cars, burnt out houses, graffiti, shopping trolleys.

I was lucky enough to see a car (obviously stolen) being kicked to bits while i was wandering through.

great town;)

I hated Hobart. Full of boring little people and a freezing nothing destination.

Launceston is a little better but the town if full of pretend social high flyers with stuck up noses and bogans.

Queenstown would come third.

I havent been able to travel as much as I would like to, for me it would be Washington DC and Limerick, Ireland, 2 very crappy places. The only places Ive been to is the U.S., Ireland, Wales and England, I want to see more of the world, Ive talked about going on a European tour my first year of college then an Australian one my second year.

localyokel said:
Throw in Wodonga and we have my ''worst''

I was struggling to come up with a place until I saw Albury. I just figure I am having a bad mood day and pass it off, but Albury-Wodonga was not kind to strangers.

Driving through Wodonga 2am and this car keeps driving off the merge lane bang into our hire car.

Get a lift to the cop shop and questioned , told to ''pi55 off out of town real quick''. Avis or Hertz was at the Albury airport'' excuse me can you give us a lift to the airport?'' No pi55 off''

Walked to the Albury airport and slept outside doors waiting for it to open and get a new hire car

Everytime I think about that place I just shake my head

In Australia: Ceduna in SA. A town couldn't possibly get any worse than that. I saw more people carrying around goon bags than you can imagine. Even the kids were walking around talking like a drunken wharfie.

Overseas: Los Angeles. Biggest sh*thole of a dump city you could ever expect to see.

Bunbury, Western Australia. Seriously If i have to go there again I will kill myself lol
Queenstown, Tasmania. Its like a dead city! They had a football field made of gravel and there was no grass in the entire place due to the sulphur dioxide or some :D:D:D:D like that

PerthCrow said:
Throw in Wodonga and we have my ''worst''

I was struggling to come up with a place until I saw Albury. I just figure I am having a bad mood day and pass it off, but Albury-Wodonga was not kind to strangers.

Driving through Wodonga 2am and this car keeps driving off the merge lane bang into our hire car.

Get a lift to the cop shop and questioned , told to ''pi55 off out of town real quick''. Avis or Hertz was at the Albury airport'' excuse me can you give us a lift to the airport?'' No pi55 off''

Walked to the Albury airport and slept outside doors waiting for it to open and get a new hire car

Everytime I think about that place I just shake my head

Good. It's not just me then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FIGJAM said:
Elizabeth, South Australia

Couldn't disagree, but every city has its' Elizabeth.
Melbourne= Noble Park, Ringwood or Reservoir
Sydney=Mt Druitt, Blacktown
Perth= Belmont

At least these places are honest about what they are, as compared to the types of development by companies such as Delfin, who are responsible for abominations like Mawson Lakes in Adelaide and Caroline Springs in Melbourne. Contrived communities, built on swampland and destined to become the slums of the future.

Where I am now comes close.... an LNG plant being constructed in the middle of nowhere in West Papua, Indonesia.

Luckily I'm only here for a few days to fight BP for $$$! That said, in some ways it's an amazing part of the world where few venture becuase of it's remoteness.

afc9798 said:
Couldn't disagree, but every city has its' Elizabeth.
Melbourne= Noble Park, Ringwood or Reservoir
Noble Park's just a run of the mill south eastern suburb.

Ringers is actually OKish and North Ringwood is very nice; not comparable.

Reservoir was rough as guts, but is now a popular area with young professional families.

Melbourne's biggest train wreck is Sunshine. By far!

Sydneys is Cabramatta IMO.

afc9798 said:
At least these places are honest about what they are, as compared to the types of development by companies such as Delfin, who are responsible for abominations like Mawson Lakes in Adelaide and Caroline Springs in Melbourne. Contrived communities, built on swampland and destined to become the slums of the future.
I haven't been to Caroline Springs, but have seen their development in Pakenham. If that's typical, then I don't reckon they'll end up slums. They'll increase in value over time, you can bank on that!

i lived in the heart of ringwood (i could see eastlands from my driveway) until last saturday...thank god! heaps of undesirables, young single mothers, tracksuit wearing bogans and young couples destined never to leave the suburb. eastlands shopping centre is actually nice, has everything you want but if you're female you might get pregnant simply by holding a handrail.

Manchester. The whole place is full of people who are just out and out c---s. I did only go there as I like the music out of there. I now finally saw what inspired morrissey. The place is dull, and there is not much to see. But so is Belfast, yet the people there are a charming shower.

I'd heard worse about Liverpool and other areas up norf. But I really wish I'd spent more time in Liverpool or Newcastle than manchester.

Falchoon said:
There are many awful places in the world you don't really need to go to and can easily avoid.

Anfield the home of Liverpool FC for me was not one of them. Field of dreams in a hell hole, and there are worse in Liverpool.

_1416198_eversley_wide_300.jpg
Ah the memories! Smashed beer bottles in concrete on top of brick fences. The whole ainfeild area near the stadium (a fair while ago) used to be prime estate according to one bloke I met over there. Now, it is just empty. Which is odd considering it is 3ks from the city center. When I was there the only place that got mentioned in a not worth going to area was Toxteth.

FIGJAM said:
Melbourne's biggest train wreck is Sunshine. By far!

Sydneys is Cabramatta IMO.

nah.. cabramatta is a thriving market place with ethnic shops, restaurants etc... a great place for a feed and to do some cheap shopping...

crapholes to the north west of mount druitt are terrible places (tregear, blackett, dharruk, shalvey, hebersham) ... in the south-west, airds, macquarie fields...

peternorth said:
i lived in the heart of ringwood (i could see eastlands from my driveway) until last saturday...thank god! heaps of undesirables, young single mothers, tracksuit wearing bogans and young couples destined never to leave the suburb. eastlands shopping centre is actually nice, has everything you want but if you're female you might get pregnant simply by holding a handrail.

prominent at the train station from 9pm onwards nightly, yelling at eachother across platforms 2 and 3 in bogan talk "get on da train, you gonna be late, ****" with a can of jim beam in hand and darts, wearing DADA, FUBU, Echo or those Eminem jerseys

Eastland is alright, nothing big like Highpoint, Chaddy, or Southland, but decent array of stores, good thing they got Hoyts, before that you had to go Knox to see a flick, however a bit too teenybopper for my liking on the Hoyts third level, never dared to venture into that clubbish bar that's there across from it, remembered walking back from midnight xmas mass and saw people dropping wine glasses from the club/bar balcony

Just down the road from it on maroondah you got the 7-11/Hungry Jacks that's open til 3am on fri and sat nights across from Daiseys, if not for the security guard, that place would be a drug orgy

plus the coppers are extra mean there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back