worst sporting injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a tad bored right now so i'd like to know the worst sport/footy injury you've ever had.

I'll go first. I've had a fair few footy injuries in my career but none come as close too as when I hyper extended my knee. I was going in for the ball and basically got pulled backwards and landed awkwardly on my leg. I was in so much agony. Play stopped for about 5 minutes while the trainers came on and straight away knew i was in pain and helped me off. I was out for about 5 weeks. Never really got back into the team after that and joined another club the following season.

I still really hate seeing proffessionals suffering hyper extensions and have to look away whenever i see one.

in a must win game to make finals was running for a loose ball when at the last second saw the elbow coming from my blind side... broke the nose and shattered it into 7 pieces and broke the eye socket...

refused to go to hospital till the game was over... which we won thank god. hour drive to hospital and another hour wait for the doctor who walked in straightened my nose by hand and sent me home... :)

two days later passed out and was rushed to hospital and had xrays and was told about the eye socket and the bits of shattered bone every where in my nose lol.

You woul have been devastated I presume. Sorry to hear dude.

Yeah went off the rails pretty badly, booze, drugs, you name it, ended up with major depression which resulted in me not doing the rehab properly and ended up taking nearly 3 yrs to get the knee right. Wasn't the same support draftee's get nowadays either and mature age rookie wasn't the option that it is today.

Yeah went off the rails pretty badly, booze, drugs, you name it, ended up with major depression which resulted in me not doing the rehab properly and ended up taking nearly 3 yrs to get the knee right. Wasn't the same support draftee's get nowadays either and mature age rookie wasn't the option that it is today.
That's a real shame mate

Got tackled last night and couldn't brace myself as I hit the ground. End result- A broken and dislocated wrist, shaped like an s. Sickening.

Got tackled last night and couldn't brace myself as I hit the ground. End result- A broken and dislocated wrist, shaped like an s. Sickening.

Ouch:( :thumbsdown:

feelsbadman

My worst is corked thigh that popped a blood vessel - looked 10times worse than what it felt...missed 3 or 4 weeks Ive been lucky with injuries touchwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does having a blinder on fri night followed spectating the gf sat then on no sleep backing up for the b and f count (not presentation thank god!!) where the winners speech was i will always loving you by whitney houston then at 11:30pm that sun evening getting half pushed and half falling off a bar stool and severing my right hand at the wrist count?

does having a blinder on fri night followed spectating the gf sat then on no sleep backing up for the b and f count (not presentation thank god!!) where the winners speech was i will always loving you by whitney houston then at 11:30pm that sun evening getting half pushed and half falling off a bar stool and severing my right hand at the wrist count?

No, it doesn't.

i was running full speed at a lose ball and an opposition player was coming straight at me in the opposite direction, we both turned a reached for the ball and basically the whole side of our chest/upper bodies smashed into each other. turns out the impact popped my lungate said it went off like a gunshot), i didn't break a rib or anything so my lung wasnt punctured it literally popped like a balloon! 6 days in hospital with a tube inserted in my chest to drain the internal bleeding and air that escaped into chest cavity! easily my worst injury and easily the hardest hit in footy i've ever had!

i was running full speed at a lose ball and an opposition player was coming straight at me in the opposite direction, we both turned a reached for the ball and basically the whole side of our chest/upper bodies smashed into each other. turns out the impact popped my lungate said it went off like a gunshot), i didn't break a rib or anything so my lung wasnt punctured it literally popped like a balloon! 6 days in hospital with a tube inserted in my chest to drain the internal bleeding and air that escaped into chest cavity! easily my worst injury and easily the hardest hit in footy i've ever had!

:eek::eek:

How did the other guy come off?

Weekend just gone while watching out ressies in a praccy match a player dislocated his hip. The incident happened in front of the clubrooms, it was the most horrific injury ive seen and took 45 minutes for ambos to arrive. The poor kid was screaming the whole time until they arrived!!

Weekend just gone while watching out ressies in a praccy match a player dislocated his hip. The incident happened in front of the clubrooms, it was the most horrific injury ive seen and took 45 minutes for ambos to arrive. The poor kid was screaming the whole time until they arrived!!
I've read on here that's like the most painful injury going around.

Not the most painful, but atm i've got a groin injury that could be OP.

It terms of mentally annoying the **** out of you, it's a shocker because you still feel like you can play well but if you don't rest it will just get worse.

Fully understand now why players like Judd and Cox has such form slumps.

Not the most painful, but atm i've got a groin injury that could be OP.

It terms of mentally annoying the **** out of you, it's a shocker because you still feel like you can play well but if you don't rest it will just get worse.

Fully understand now why players like Judd and Cox has such form slumps.
I kind of had the same thing for the past 4-5 weeks, all good atm though, hopefully it stays ok for now, really looking forward to this season!

cringe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back