Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Roys FFC, Lakers
WRC 5 Concept car.jpg

Didn't see a thread around here for this, came out in November but went under the radar.

Different dev team to the last FIA Rally game, and I can say they did a pretty good job. Picked it up on PSN for $39 (may still be on special), in store prices are still $70-80.

Pleasantly surprised after playing the demo, so bought it. No regrets. Might just be me but playing it feels so good, kind of like the rally games of years past. I had been waiting for a good rally game for yonks and this is it. A lot of stages too. A lot of mastering to be done.

HAs some technical issues though, screen tearing for one, but I got in touch with the dev team and they assured me they were working on a fix to the tearing. Graphics aren't the best but they are decent. In the end graphics aren't what you focus on when you're rallying anyway.

Overall, I'm impressed with this one. Definitely recommend to rally enthusiasts.

Currently having a drunken session with my neighbour who thought it would be a good idea to grab it off the store for $85. He was not impressed when I informed him of your $39 buy :)

Enjoying it, but by * it's challenging!

With Sebastian Loeb Rally and DiRT Rally coming out in the next few months, ill hold off and see which one I prefer.

I haven't played a rally for years...perhaps the Collin McCrae era. Is there any online/multiplayer in rally games (this game) these days?

There is pseudo multiplayer: just leaderboards for stages and full rallies. You can play online but it's basically just time attack, you don't actually see other cars on the track. In fact I don't recall any rally games with more than 2 cars on the track. There are also "e-Sports" challenges, but I regret to say it's a money spinner, as you need to pay $10-15 for the privilege of participating in a season of e-sports with a chance of making it to a tournament or something. Normal multiplayer/online is free though.

Currently having a drunken session with my neighbour who thought it would be a good idea to grab it off the store for $85. He was not impressed when I informed him of your $39 buy :)

Enjoying it, but by **** it's challenging!

With Sebastian Loeb Rally and DiRT Rally coming out in the next few months, ill hold off and see which one I prefer.

Oh that sucks for your friend, it was on sale for most of January.

There is a demo of the Loeb one on PSN, I probably should have tried that too. I heard it was made by the same guys as the previous WRC so it put me off a bit.

There is pseudo multiplayer: just leaderboards for stages and full rallies. You can play online but it's basically just time attack, you don't actually see other cars on the track. In fact I don't recall any rally games with more than 2 cars on the track. There are also "e-Sports" challenges, but I regret to say it's a money spinner, as you need to pay $10-15 for the privilege of participating in a season of e-sports with a chance of making it to a tournament or something. Normal multiplayer/online is free though.

Oh that sucks for your friend, it was on sale for most of January.

There is a demo of the Loeb one on PSN, I probably should have tried that too. I heard it was made by the same guys as the previous WRC so it put me off a bit.

I would love a rally that you take it in turns for a stage in multiplayer...would be perfect for Friday nigh drinks. Why cant they make games for the drunks that dont need hands on controllers 100% of the time

I would love a rally that you take it in turns for a stage in multiplayer...would be perfect for Friday nigh drinks. Why cant they make games for the drunks that dont need hands on controllers 100% of the time

I believe that is the case in this one for offline MP. Let me check to make sure.

*Ok it is the case, however I'm not sure if it's just one stage at a time or a full rally.

Played the demo ....liked it

Um it's hard ....crashed a lot ...tried to slow down ...still crashed a lot

Track is narrow.

Like any decent car game, having a wheel/pedals improves it 1000%. Been smashing this out against my neighbor and its great fun.

Tried the Loeb Rally demo, it was tarmac only and didn't feel as good as WRC.

Are you playing the game with the Logitech g29 ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is the better wheel?

Tough call. T300 wheel has a lot more force effects I find, however the G29 pedals are way better. I wouldn't pay $499 for the G29, but if you can grab it on special for ~$300 or so, then its prob better value for money IMO. If you can afford it, grab the T300 with the pro pedals, but you're looking at $700-800 for that I think.

Tough call. T300 wheel has a lot more force effects I find, however the G29 pedals are way better. I wouldn't pay $499 for the G29, but if you can grab it on special for ~$300 or so, then its prob better value for money IMO. If you can afford it, grab the T300 with the pro pedals, but you're looking at $700-800 for that I think.

Yeah I can't justify that coin ....err notes for 700

But 300 off the bay for g29 might do

I also want the VR headset when that comes too

I also have family and mouths to feed ......you know the deal

I also have family and mouths to feed ......you know the deal

As do I mate. I wouldn't have been able to justify my wheel (and stand), but fortunately I won a bit of cash so sucked up to the missus and pointed out all the s**t she buys. Still get disapproving headshakes from time to time when I bust it out, but its worth it :D

As do I mate. I wouldn't have been able to justify my wheel (and stand), but fortunately I won a bit of cash so sucked up to the missus and pointed out all the s**t she buys. Still get disapproving headshakes from time to time when I bust it out, but its worth it :D
Yeah .....give and take

They spend two hundred bucks on a dress they wear once a year for the Melbourne cup lunch .....huh

I really should test out my wheel for this, not sure it's on the list of approved wheels but worth a shot, as I can imagine it would be awesome with a wheel.

I'm also looking forward to Dirt Rally, but for now this probably the best rally racer out there. I'm currently trying to master the Mexico rally; it's bloody tricky, a lot of tough corners and tricky hairpins.

I really should test out my wheel for this, not sure it's on the list of approved wheels but worth a shot, as I can imagine it would be awesome with a wheel.

I'm also looking forward to Dirt Rally, but for now this probably the best rally racer out there. I'm currently trying to master the Mexico rally; it's bloody tricky, a lot of tough corners and tricky hairpins.

which wheel is it?

which wheel is it?

Logitech, but it's not the G29 which I believe is the only Logitech you can use. I think it's a GT Pro or something like that. It's boxed up somewhere in the basement so I don't know exactly...I will bust it out over the weekend, is worth trying.

Logitech, but it's not the G29 which I believe is the only Logitech you can use. I think it's a GT Pro or something like that. It's boxed up somewhere in the basement so I don't know exactly...I will bust it out over the weekend, is worth trying.

Yeah, it won't work. Well at least not directly. There used to be rumours floating about of adaptors to get the older Logitech wheels to work, but I haven't looked into that for a while now so no idea if they exist or work.

Yeah, it won't work. Well at least not directly. There's used to be rumours floating about of adaptors to get the older Logitech wheels to work, but I haven't looked into that for a while now so no idea if they exist or work.

Yeah I looked into it when it first came out, was more hoping something's changed really. It's a cheaper wheel but I loved it when rallying in GT6 and even the normal racing. Will probs buy a new one when I start work again...or win some $$$ with a multibet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back