Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne have gone with a grey outline around their white numbers on the blue jumpers - couldn't find a decent pic of it but it was pretty noticeable watching their game on TV today.

Nope still doing the same. Deleted caches on both Firefox and Chrome.
Should look like this
screen2.gif

"You've reached a premium article..."

All I can see is the opening sentence, stating that Port have issued an ultimatum to wear white or the deal is off. Personally, I'd tell Port to stick it and play in China by themselves...
Private browsing/ incognito tab will fix that.

Port says it was part of their contact with GC over the home game sale. Suns and AFL say they'll be wearing red. Port says they won't consider any further deals with GC in China if that's what they do.

Private browsing/ incognito tab will fix that.

Port says it was part of their contact with GC over the home game sale. Suns and AFL say they'll be wearing red. Port says they won't consider any further deals with GC in China if that's what they do.

I get the feeling the whole deal is because China's national colours are red and yellow, and Port don't want Gold Coast to get the support when it's a Port home game...

ITS NOT A HOME GAME FOR PORT ADELAIDE

A. calm down, little buddy.
B. how is it not a Port home game? They're doing all the legwork and giving up a game at AO for it...

A. calm down, little buddy.
B. how is it not a Port home game? They're doing all the legwork and giving up a game at AO for it...

Theyt are not giving up a home game at Adelaide Oval for It, thats the whole issue. Port Adelaide sold a game to China, but can't release a home game, so they have gone to the small clubs and purchased a home game off them to use in China.

Problem was whoever represented Port at the negotiation table forgot that Gold Coast are the same colors as China and should have written that into the deal.

For me whoever at Port signed off on this deal should be in alot of trouble.

Theyt are not giving up a home game at Adelaide Oval for It, thats the whole issue. Port Adelaide sold a game to China, but can't release a home game, so they have gone to the small clubs and purchased a home game off them to use in China.

Problem was whoever represented Port at the negotiation table forgot that Gold Coast are the same colors as China and should have written that into the deal.

For me whoever at Port signed off on this deal should be in alot of trouble.

Welp, I was wrong. That's a, um... questionable deal to say the least.

According to Port in that article, it is in the contract.

So why threaten the AFL and Gold Coast?

Activate the clause in the contract and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the million dollar question.

Which tells me someone or somewhere has made a stuff up at Port's end.

Gold Coast have given up a home game for them. they are well within their right to try and take some or Port's potential supporter base.

The Gold Coast colour thing is a huge press beat up (we are used to that in our Crow domintated media). They are just looking to sabotage and dig at Port.

The Gold Coast colour thing is a huge press beat up (we are used to that in our Crow domintated media). They are just looking to sabotage and dig at Port.
Well you can understand why.. Don't choose the ONLY team who has more appeal to the locals geographically and chromatically!

Last edited:
The CANBERRA wordmark on the back of all Giants' jumpers needs another look. The mark has always been roughly the width of a digit - it's right on the '14 and '15 clash jumpers, but not most others.

From 2012:
267161.jpg

to 2016:
473083.jpg

(and for some reason it's missing entirely from the '16 Multicultural jumper)
453673.jpg

The CANBERRA wordmark on the back of all Giants' jumpers needs another look. The mark has always been roughly the width of a digit - it's right on the '14 and '15 clash jumpers, but not most others.

From 2012:
267161.jpg

to 2016:
473083.jpg

(and for some reason it's missing entirely from the '16 Multicultural jumper)
453673.jpg

Heh, the width of a digit

finger-02.jpeg

G'Day All,

A quick message to let you all know that Gibbsy, your favourite moderator here on BigFooty, has joined the team at HardBallGet.net and will be posting articles relating to footy history and footy jumpers.

His first article focuses on YouTube's Best Footy Channels and can be found here: http://www.hardballget.net/youtubes-best-footy-channels.html

Included in the article are:
  • classic AFL-VFL matches from the '70s and '80s
  • the best AFL marks, goals and games of the '90s
  • the best of Fox Footy
  • classic VFA matches from when the VFA ruled Sunday football
  • State-league highlights featuring the SANFL, VFL, WAFL and TSL
  • video profiles of every draft contender each season
  • rare footage of Fitzroy's finest moments of the '70s and '80s
Sorry if it's potentially off-topic but I wanted to get the word out because it's a great read and there's an absolute feast of footy there.

Enjoy!

G'Day All,

A quick message to let you all know that Gibbsy, your favourite moderator here on BigFooty, has joined the team at HardBallGet.net and will be posting articles relating to footy history and footy jumpers.

His first article focuses on YouTube's Best Footy Channels and can be found here: http://www.hardballget.net/youtubes-best-footy-channels.html

Included in the article are:
  • classic AFL-VFL matches from the '70s and '80s
  • the best AFL marks, goals and games of the '90s
  • the best of Fox Footy
  • classic VFA matches from when the VFA ruled Sunday football
  • State-league highlights featuring the SANFL, VFL, WAFL and TSL
  • video profiles of every draft contender each season
  • rare footage of Fitzroy's finest moments of the '70s and '80s
Sorry if it's potentially off-topic but I wanted to get the word out because it's a great read and there's an absolute feast of footy there.

Enjoy!
I know he's on here somewhere but I swore Costa was a Blues fan? Gibbsy? Or is this a Mandela Effect...?

Also whuuuuurt is that Danny Embling channel showing these days? Seriously?

Although the vintage John Safran tapes make the weirdness irrelevant. Meelbooourne tram Melbourne traaam.

Also whuuuuurt is that Danny Embling channel showing these days? Seriously?

Although the vintage John Safran tapes make the weirdness irrelevant. Meelbooourne tram Melbourne traaam.
shelving mushies again ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back