Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

I meant to post this link the other day
Freo Season by Season is slowly coming along.
So far I've made it to 2013

Last edited:

Looks good, red on the 1998 away is a bit darker and is the anchor on 2001 home meant to be bigger? also 07 / 08 numbers meant to be bold?

Side (underarm) seams fixed on 2013 jumpers
2007 numbers are the AFL font with no outline.
They were fairly Bold.
imagerender

2001 was the first year of the printed/sublimated anchor. The first version of it was lower on the jumper than the next version of it in 2002.
imagerender

1998 Red is now the printed/dyed Red PMS 186. RGB values 242-0-23
1998 Home jumpers did not have the jock tags, while the Away jumpers did.
imagerender

imagerender

Last edited:
Love the site Mero just a silly question (don’t know if it belong in this thread) but are you planning on adding secondary guernseys like one off, indigenous and pride for the aflw to the site?

Love the site Mero just a silly question (don’t know if it belong in this thread) but are you planning on adding secondary guernseys like one off, indigenous and pride for the aflw to the site?
No, for competitions like WAFL, SANFL and AFLW I am only doing the Home jumpers.

On the site, the 1987-89 SA jumpers have the badge covering the blue and gold V. In 1987, in both games and all players I could see on Youtube, SA had it in this position. 1988-89 are correct.
SA.jpg

Obviously there's a fair bit to do, but here's the first page that's replaced an existing page.

By Season is not completed for Freo:

Now to do all jumper types for GWS, Gold Coast, Port & Freo, then go back to re-doing the Eagles & Bears/Lions and do the same for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle pages are now updated and completed.
Happy to receive feedback.

Hard to fault it at all, love your work as usual Mero. Surprised you went with Freo as the first one to do given Gold Coast and GWS would be quicker.
Now to do all jumper types for GWS, Gold Coast, Port & Freo, then go back to re-doing the Eagles & Bears/Lions and do the same for them.
As much as I can’t stand them, I really hope you don’t forget to do the Crows too!

The fremantle clash in R22 with the Hostplus sponsorship is exactly the same as the other clash. They both have Sekem

Thanks Mero for the podcasts. I’ve heard most of them now, love them all. A really good combo with your co-host. Obviously I was particularly interested in the Footscray one that came out last week. I loved it and will listen again soon. I laughed out loud to myself a couple of times and learnt a bit too. I knew some of the stories and you added more to my history of our club (which is always a good thing). As an Essendon man you have a strong old family connection to the Bulldogs and those stories were appreciated.
Your work on your website is first class and brings a lot of joy to me, I reference it often. It’s time the AFL make you an official historian of footy jumpers. Would that be something you would consider if they offered it?

Thanks Mero for the podcasts. I’ve heard most of them now, love them all. A really good combo with your co-host. Obviously I was particularly interested in the Footscray one that came out last week. I loved it and will listen again soon. I laughed out loud to myself a couple of times and learnt a bit too. I knew some of the stories and you added more to my history of our club (which is always a good thing). As an Essendon man you have a strong old family connection to the Bulldogs and those stories were appreciated.
Your work on your website is first class and brings a lot of joy to me, I reference it often. It’s time the AFL make you an official historian of footy jumpers. Would that be something you would consider if they offered it?
I had a discussion with the AFL in September.
What was discussed was that it would make sense for the AFL to own both AFLTables and footyjumpers as historical resources, the up-keep of those would then fall to the AFL.
There is no position available part time for someone to update either site, and certainly real hesitancy to employ a Canadian resident as a long-distance employee.

I had a discussion with the AFL in September.
What was discussed was that it would make sense for the AFL to own both AFLTables and footyjumpers as historical resources, the up-keep of those would then fall to the AFL.
There is no position available part time for someone to update either site, and certainly real hesitancy to employ a Canadian resident as a long-distance employee.
Hard to believe with the bloated nature of that organisation they can’t find a role with the stroke of the pen. Especially when they rely on both sources so completely.

Hard to believe with the bloated nature of that organisation they can’t find a role with the stroke of the pen. Especially when they rely on both sources so completely.
I would suggest some of it is the lack of clarity on return on investment from purchasing such websites, when they are clearly maintained to a higher standard currently than they would be under the auspices of the AFL.
(Why spend money when someone is doing it better, for free?)

Last edited:
One thing missed on the W Bulldogs game by game 1999 page is that the Dogs wore an away guernsey with red and white cuffs/collar as opposed to the all blue cuffs/collar of the home guernsey, but this isn’t yet reflected on the page

Remove this Banner Ad

Back