News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

His old man was on SEN and said there were times he came back too early from injury at Port.
I know someone that has a connection with someone from SportsMed and apparently this was very common this year. The message was to get them back on the field no matter the consequences.

I know someone that has a connection with someone from SportsMed and apparently this was very common this year. The message was to get them back on the field no matter the consequences.
I think it's been common for awhile, the whole joint needs a broom through it.

No doubt we won't even sack the doc after the Aliir debacle.

His old man was on SEN and said there were times he came back too early from injury at Port.
Interesting, that is exactly what I suspected was the issue.
Donuts would have ambushed him in the post season meeting for his poor post pcl form & Duursma would have said you played me in a very difficult position way too early hence my form was poor. In fact you have done this with myself & other players multiple time (Dixon/ Lycett/ McKenzie/ etc) Donuts feels aggrieved & his pride is hurt, then blackballs him for daring to say the truth

Would be nice to be able to have a discussion on aspects of the club without it always going back to this whole 11 years of Ken crap. Yeah, i would've moved Ken on yonks ago but he is the coach for now, i'm sick of every thread getting derailed about Kern this Ken that.

You can't escape Hinkley's influence on all aspects of the football department. We can't just pretend it's not happening.

Especially with the revelation from the horse's mouth that Duursma and others were intentionally brought back early from injuries, something that was obvious to all of us watching at the time. Now Duursma has been traded with the usual bullshit questions being raised about his form and commitment.

Yep

We’re really excited for him,” Duursma Snr said on SEN Breakfast.

“It’s a new leaf, I suppose, in his football story.

“He was just really unlucky with some injuries at Port Adelaide. Once he started to get those injuries and then trying to come back too early from them, you sort of take away his main weapon which is his running.

“Then it probably wore him down a little bit and then he wasn’t enjoying it. It’s pretty hard to play your best footy if you’re not enjoying it.

“But I think he’ll rediscover his love for the game. I think you’ll see a different young man out there next year, reinvigorated.”

Dermott Brereton added: “His upside, if he gets fit, is enormous for the Bombers.”

You can't escape Hinkley's influence on all aspects of the football department. We can't just pretend it's not happening.

Especially with the revelation from the horse's mouth that Duursma and others were intentionally brought back early from injuries, something that was obvious to all of us watching at the time. Now Duursma has been traded with the usual bullshit questions being raised about his form and commitment.

It’s the off season, nothings happening right now but negative ken this ken that crap is all I seem to read on here.

Players getting brought back early from injuries happens at every single footy club known to man. Especially when their is a whiff of a flag.

I think we gave durz enough opportunities, I wish him well but it’s far from the end of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s the off season, nothings happening right now but negative ken this ken that crap is all I seem to read on here.

Players getting brought back early from injuries happens at every single footy club known to man. Especially when their is a whiff of a flag.

I think we gave durz enough opportunities, I wish him well but it’s far from the end of the world.

No player is untouchable and trading Duursma is far from a complete disaster.

I don't think you can call what happened to us this year a normal amount of playing players with niggles. We had Dixon, Lycett and McKenzie playing completely hobbled to the point of being a liability for large parts of the year. That's above and beyond what most clubs are doing and it obviously cost us hard in the finals with those players completely uncompetitive.

I'm not sure how you can speak about Port without coming back to the coaching situation. It'd be like visiting the Essendon board in 2015 and getting annoying that the supplements scandal seems to permeate every thread. This is the Port Adelaide Football Club we live with right now. The coaching situation is unprecedented in the history of the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes, if we can see the same problems year in year out, surely the players can and it must be so ******* frustrating and boring. I mean, some don't care but yeah.

Xavier Duursma Mr. September 2024.
1698904456783.png

Xavier Duursma Mr. September 2024.
View attachment 1844469
Haha Mr September.

I'm not sure if that's more ironic because if Ports finals failures or Essendons failure to make finals.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back