Yabbies

Remove this Banner Ad

I was about to say strong bump, but the other thread was about eating them.

I used to have a few as a kid in a tank with a juvenile tortoise also. was great, let them all go at a dam on some property the family owned.

They will eat small amounts meat but then you need to ensure the tank is much cleaner. They do like to scavenge & Also water plants are important as they feed on them too.

I was about to say strong bump, but the other thread was about eating them.

Well gimme a year or so and we can merge it into the other thread. You bring the booze and I'll invite ya for dinner.

Well gimme a year or so and we can merge it into the other thread. You bring the booze and I'll invite ya for dinner.
I'm in! keep em fed like pinchie of the Simpsons & you'll have monsters on your hands.

Got two that are a couple of years old now. After a while they turn a beautiful electric blue colour and grow quite big.

Feed mine carrot, and turtle squares. Which is turtle food made from beef or liver, comes in squares that is squeezed out of an alfoil packaging.

Be warned when they get bigger and older they become territorial, and will probably rip eachother to shreds.

My two are in seperate tanks.

Most aquarium stores have pellets that you can feed them. Being in a tank i would recommend this method of feeding as meat will compromise the quality of your water pretty quickly.

I've been thinking about setting up a tank for some Yabbies for a while now... This thread has given me serious Yabby envy :( As soon as the water levels drop in my local river i'll go catch some for my tank, and some to eat:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back