2nds Yartapuulti vs West Adelaide - Round 11 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday July 1st 2:10pm at Alberton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app.

Pending the injury list: Rioli and Duursma coming back for the AFL side will push someone down. Hugh Jackson to return from his concussion. Fantasia's hammy to be assessed.

Nick Moore returns from his suspension.

Note: This game is on the same day as the AFL game, so the sub (EG: Burgoyne) can't play. It's possible another emergency is held back as well.

After the bye, we are now 2% out of the top 5.
1687625856365.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Dante Visentini ranked 4th for Hitouts.
Jed Hagan ranked =6th for Free Kicks For.
Hugh Jackson ranked =6th for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 8th for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =8th for Free Kicks For.
Sam Hayes ranked 10th for Hitouts.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Sinn, Duursma, Jackson, Moore, Aldridge, Carter, H.Ferrari
OUT: Jonas, Visentini, Burgoyne (AFL Emergencies), Fantasia (Hamstring), Francou, Weidemann, K.Marshall

Maggies Side:
F: Evans - Scully - Szust
HF: Hagan - Lord - Barkla
C: Duursma - Moore - Mead
HB: Sinn - Lee - Kirk
B: Carter - Pasini - McCallum
R: Hayes - Dumont - Jackson
INT: Turner - Short - Aldridge - H.Ferrari
EMERG: Narkle - Burgoyne - Jonas - Visentini - Wilson

Last edited:
Pretty decent line up for the Maggies. Watching last weeks game made me realise how far Scully was from AFL.

Another good effort RossFC much appreciated by all of us still into our Magpies. Especially liked your table below.

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Dante Visentini ranked 4th for Hitouts.
Jed Hagan ranked =6th for Free Kicks For.
Hugh Jackson ranked =6th for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 8th for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =8th for Free Kicks For.
Sam Hayes ranked 10th for Hitouts.

It'll be good to get another look at Jackson.

I suspect Visentini and Jonas will drop back in, but Narkle and Burgoyne will be held over.

Narkle for the sub.

great to see Duursma back. Much stronger SANFL team.

Fantasia test lol, like that was ever remotely close.

Good looking side. Want to bank a win here. Will be needing a good run here at SANFL level, given we look like going deep in the AFL, really want to see our side playing as deep in the year as possible in the SANFL. If they can make the finals, hopefully win the first final, that pretty much gets the team playing all the way up to the AFL prelims, which would be handy.

If we can get through a week injury free, there's potential we could have Fantasia & Jones to add to the mix next week.

We will have a player miss out the next couple few weeks though as our SANFL game is before the AFL the next 3 weeks, which is a bit annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Francou and Montgomery listed in North Adelaide's reserves this week. Looks like they'll be playing with Andrew Moore as well.

Rioli is now an out for the Essendon game, Sinn has been added to the emergencies - will he or Narkle now travel as an additional emergency?

Rioli is now an out for the Essendon game, Sinn has been added to the emergencies - will he or Narkle now travel as an additional emergency?
I think Narkle was always going to travel as the emergency. Sinn has been added to the flight.

Narkle the straight swap for Rioli on the team sheet is my guess.

I think Narkle was always going to travel as the emergency. Sinn has been added to the flight.

Narkle the straight swap for Rioli on the team sheet is my guess.

Hinkey said Jonas, Visentini and Burgoyne would be travelling, but Jonas would not be the sub.

Need the win today. Get it done kids.
God I hope so! With Power players going to Melbourne to watch the footy I’m a bit pissed. However I feel a little more confident as our Magpie contract players do have some ability. We have recruited well for a change.

God I hope so! With Power players going to Melbourne to watch the footy I’m a bit pissed. However I feel a little more confident as our Magpie contract players do have some ability. We have recruited well for a change.

The Club website reads...

Tom Jonas, Jase Burgoyne, Dante Visentini and Quinton Narkle have been named AFL emergencies, with those not required in Melbourne to be available to play in the SANFL.

The AFL team selction blurb reads...

Josh Sinn will come into the 26-man squad, which will be finalised an hour before the game.

If the squad is not finalised until an hour before the AFL game I am not sure how those not required will be available for a 2.00pm game at Alberton. I am not sure how we interpret that and I assume we will have an answer at 2.00 pm this arvo.

If Tom Jonas, Jase Burgoyne, Dante Visentini are watching the AFL game in Melbourne and not running out for the Port Magpies it shows the problem the Port Magpies have. The Port Magpies had a bye last week so if they do not play at Alberton they will have missed two weeks.

I admit to being confused and there is probably a simple answer so let's hear it folks.

The Club website reads...

Tom Jonas, Jase Burgoyne, Dante Visentini and Quinton Narkle have been named AFL emergencies, with those not required in Melbourne to be available to play in the SANFL.

The AFL team selction blurb reads...

Josh Sinn will come into the 26-man squad, which will be finalised an hour before the game.

If the squad is not finalised until an hour before the AFL game I am not sure how those not required will be available for a 2.00pm game at Alberton. I am not sure how we interpret that and I assume we will have an answer at 2.00 pm this arvo.

If Tom Jonas, Jase Burgoyne, Dante Visentini are watching the AFL game in Melbourne and not running out for the Port Magpies it shows the problem the Port Magpies have. The Port Magpies had a bye last week so if they do not play at Alberton they will have missed two weeks.

I admit to being confused and there is probably a simple answer so let's hear it folks.
The Magpies should be having a kick & a catch shortly, so we will soon know if TJ, JB or DV are at Alberton!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back